Chucky's changes should be reverted.

piplup55
piplup55 Member Posts: 21

Chucky became insufferable now. With the scamper duration, you could still loop him around small tiles and if he used slice and dice and missed, he got punished with a slightly long cooldown. Now, he doesn't need scamper cause he can spam slice and dice, which doesn't make looping him fun or letting you get distance to try to get another loop. His power can be juked, but it's almost a blight situation where juking him once doesn't mean ######### cause his power is up again in a moment.

Chucky was much more enjoyable before (playing as and against) and the changes need to be reverted.

Comments

• piplup55

But it's the same thing now. Imagine a The Game god pallet.
    Old Chucky could enter power, Scamper and try a Slice and Dice to hit the survivor. If he hit it, that's it, no more Slice and dice for 18 seconds which let's the survivor reach another structure/loop to play around the Scamper.

New Chucky can use Slice and Dice and try to hit the survivor (spoiler: he won't) or break the pallet, enter Hidey-Ho and immediately Slice and Dice. It might give the survivor a bit more distance to juke the Slice and Dice, but it doesn't matter cause he has addons to reduce the cooldown either if he hits or misses, so he will have the power in 9-10 seconds tops.

It's a ridiculous change that makes Chucky feel more clunky while playing and make it unfair while versing him.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I want my scamper back. Just make it bit longer, thats it. Dont have to remove it. Maybe you could make it would eat like half the Power bar if you do that So you can't hold Power to angle yourself better if you bypass pallets.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,225

he is fine where he is at. scamper could be a little bit more useful but that is about it.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 306

How? Slice and dice can't even curve. It's only good for Hold W players

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,641

His cooldown is already confirmed to be getting increased in the near future.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I don't agree with the line of thought, but I agree with the conclusion.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

if you use slice and dice just looking foward you are using wrong, you have to use to use his dash looking at the wall and aiming at the direction you want to dash, like hug tech

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 658

I don't think Scamper Pallet was good for the game and I'm glad it's gone. They should give Chucky back Scamper Vault then rework his scamper addons to be not entirely useless.

• Devil_hit11
    edited June 23

but it is not a bug. his cooldown has always as soon as s&d is used. It is like saying nurse's blinks recharging during fatique is a bug. the feature has been there since his release.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845

Ditto, i hope they bring back Scamper for Hidey-Ho Mode too in some way or form.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844
    edited June 23

I'd like them to revert this change too. He's a Killer with a high skill floor now and that limits his appeal to me since I was always pretty bad with him. I tend to play more casually and don't really have the time to master a Killer as tricky as Chucky.

Happy for the remaining Chuckys that are skilled with him, but I hope I never get matched with you guys in my Survivor games.

• xTHE_ULTIMATEx7
    xTHE_ULTIMATEx7 Member Posts: 15

While not a lot of counterplay is available to slice and dice, it still does exist. It mostly boils down to a less egregious version of Nurse. The most important things to do against Chucky are to remain out of LOS, be unpredictable with movement so he can't hug a wall with slice and dice, and 50/50s at pallets/windows. Also make sure you respect his space by running early against him and more often than not, pre dropping pallets. Don't get me wrong, Chucky is insanely strong (top 5 imo) and definitely deserves some nerfs (mainly to slice and dice charge time) but the counterplay is there.

• Devil_hit11

agree with less egregious version of nurse. still crazy. i saw his potencial immediately in his PTB.

• piplup55

I still think he was more fun to play as and against when he could scamper. Now he is insufferable with how short hidey-ho's cooldown is.

• RodanThrelos
    RodanThrelos Member Posts: 2

This post and the conversation I'm seeing around Chucky since the Scamper change make it clear that the people complaining about Scamper didn't want Chucky to get any sort of change to make him feel better to play after the removal of Scamper.

People only wanted to complain and get Scamper removed so that they can dodge his power and then Chucky players would just have nothing to do for 20 seconds while the survivors get completely free with no consequence.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 136

Absolutely not.

Anything that leads to a free hit because you don't feel like learning how to play a killer properly has to stop.
    Fortunately it will happen with the knight and was partially reduced with vecna, thank god it also happened with chucky and i don't see why implement it again.

• piplup55
    edited June 25

This is an edit. Comment deleted for some reason. For the actual comment read the next comment.

Post edited by piplup55 on
  • piplup55

Soooo remove Vecna's hand???? Rermove invitation pallet breaking??????

Chucky's Scamper only made giving a hit easy on god pallets, and even then it was not "free". On shorter loops the survivor could get to the other side of the pallet to play the 50/50 during the animation. If you as a surv stand on the other side of the pallet to teabag then yes, it's a free hit, otherwise it's not.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844

We better delete Wraith, Mikey, Pig and Ghost face then, because their entire power is based around getting a first hit for free.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,142
    edited June 25

That scamper was made practically useless is whatever, but the fact that the "Joke's On You" achievement remains absolutely sucks. I've been trying to do it and his maneuverability is garbage while scampering, especially right after I get out from under the pallet where I'm locked into running forward for a bit. A survivor who hugs the loop right next to the pallet is perfectly safe, as is someone who just stands in front of the pallet and doesn't move. I'm locked into running past them and I can't turn around. It's maddening.

Either the scamper or the achievement needs changing, because this sucks.

• ironligma
    ironligma Member Posts: 119

He's already pretty good, reducing the cool down or adding turn rate would actually break him again.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,763

Changing achievements & trophies is no small task, particularly on the consoles. So long as it's technically possible to obtain them they resist mightily any change to them.