Anyone going to main Lara?

Options

I’m going to p100 her without a doubt, I know that her arrival to the game has some mixed reactions, but I myself grew up with playing the 2013 game so she has a special place in my heart. I really find her perks unique, and she is badass as always.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,279
    Options

I don't think I'm going to buy her.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 734
    Options

May I ask why? I’m interested in all of your opinions.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,279
    edited June 26
    Options

I'm not a Tomb Raider fan, I never played the games old nor new. What I've seen of them, they never had much of a horror vibe to me, not enough to make her inclusion in DbD feel like a natural fit. I don't feel a strong attachment to Lara Croft as a character. The perks seem okay, at least, so she has that. Maybe if she goes on sale at a later date, I would pick her up for those.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Im a tomb raider fan to the max, played all but the handheld games. but honestly. no, i dont think ill buy her :(

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I'll buy her for the perks/achievements. I don't really think i'll play her much though. licensed character skins are expensive :(

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    edited June 26
    Options

I kind of like her character model (although something seems a bit off with proportions which bugs me - big head? idk, maybe it's just me), and also played the games when I was younger. Despite the sentimentality, I won't be buying her, so no - I won't be maining her at this rate.

Lara's perks are genuinely just too bad to ever realistically use in a game. I also do not believe the developers will make constructive changes to make them useful, as I gave feedback on the Bard's perks during PTB, after PTB, and after official release, but nothing came of it.

I feel confident Lara Croft's perks will be treated with the same neglect and implicit disdain that the developers showed the survivor perks in the DnD chapter. Like Still Sight and Mirrored Illusion, they will be left alone and forgotten as useless perks that never see the light of day outside of meme builds. Unfortunately for Lara, her perks do not have the same meme quality, so I'm inclined to believe they'll get even less play.

I already bought one chapter full of useless perks last chapter, I won't be convinced to buy another like that.
    They can either improve the quality of the perks they release, or they can lose another sale.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

I think I reached a point that they will be very FEW licenses that would excitime me, Lara (while played her games and enjoyed them all) isn't one of them. Outside that one vault perk, I don't see myself using any of them outside maybe some special build.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 188
    Options
    • I'm a DLC collector, so I'll definitely buy it. I'm not a huge Tomb Rider fan, but Lara is very cute, so I'll use her sometime. His perks are mediocre/bad, certainly to push sales Devs invest everything in the iconic character and not in perks

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 734
    edited June 26
    Options

That’s fair! Although I do recommend trying out the Tomb Raider games and get a general feel on how it is, maybe that will boost your opinion on Lara! :)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    Options

If it ain't Dwight it ain't right.

So no she won't be my main.