Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

RIP Spirit with the Iron Will buff

If Iron Will becomes meta again, which it probably will as it was before then Spirit is gonna need some compensation buffs

I thought the devs were slowly making it so survivor items and perks don’t affect individual killer powers anymore? Like taking away the ability to lightburn Wraith and Nurse, or Adrenaline no longer waking you up against Freddy. This seems like a bit of a step in the wrong direction to me

While I do agree Iron will is definitely an all or nothing perk, and even a survivor making 1% noise would make the perk useless against a killer with a good pair of headphones on, I think buffing it without thinking how it’s going to affect certain killer powers is a bad idea

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Spirit has Dried Cherry Blossom addon so I imagine a lot of spirits are just going to run that rather than gamble on whether or not iron will happens to block other sounds besides grunts of pain.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited June 25

tracking scratch marks

I don't play Spirit, but I would like to know how I'm supposed to track something that takes multiple seconds to appear and sometimes doesn't appear at all. Scratch marks have only gotten worse over the years.

I have no contribution to make about Iron Will affecting Spirit, because I never see Spirit. It's almost like she doesn't exist. I stopped playing her when they removed collision in phase, and since then as survivor I've seen her less and less. During this event, I've seen her one, maybe two times. That's it. Not even exaggerating, I see her about as much as I see Twins.

Ah! I'm not the only one who never sees her! Yeah, she's practically disappeared from my matches.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I've seen a few lately, but I suspect it's because DS was bugged against her and was a significantly lower stun.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Get em to use their exhaustion perk before phasing, now Iron Will doesn't work.

Bring anti-exhaustion perks as Killer, now Iron Will doesn't work.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,011

whoaa noooooo not something that hurt spirit!!! ah man...Welp r

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Iron Will was 100% when Spirit was popular.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited June 25

I havent seen spirit in months and i havent played her in months…actually over 6 months.

For S tier killer people sure don't like playing her eh. ( sarcasm btw she's not S tier anymore )

Also remember people Cherry blossom addon takes away scratch marks and anyone who knows how to counter spirit can counter this addon too.

Game already has so much ambiance noises + explosions its hard to hear anything even with good pair of headphones. When i played i always had to crank my headphones to 90 or 100 to hear stuff. Also the death animation of survivors that sound has become extremeeeely loud. Am i the only one who noticed this? Everytime someone gets sacrificed i feel like throwing my headphones.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

This is the only game where the "good pair of headphones" argument is used. Nobody possesses magic headphones that make them hear extra of what everyone else is hearing. They can turn the volume to max so that they'll be dead by age 40, but it won't help them uniquely win with Spirit.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

Iron Will coming back is fine, if the levels had enough grass...

I demand grass!

• Mirth
    Mirth Member Posts: 7

*RIP rookie Spirits

I fixed it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

True, but Stridor countered it back then and now it doesn't (used to be additive, now it's multiplicative.) Everyone ran Stridor for that reason.

But yeah, I barely see Spirit anymore anyway.

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

yea there’s hardly any spirits anymore plus I think she can still handle iron will fine. It does counter her a bit but so does calm spirit vs doc

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 831

After her iri got nerfed and maybe some other addons, I almost never saw her again.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 881
    edited June 26

Now, about scratch marks, supposedly they made them a lot brighter in the PTB. Completely unrelated, but mildly interesting.