Anyone else worried about crossprogression?

ChurchofPig
ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

So, I want to start by saying that I'm not worried about them pulling what happened in… when was it? 2020? When they initially announced it for Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Stadia where Steam and Stadia got it, but Switch didn't. Which obviously isn't full crossprogression which is what people wanted. I don't think that's happening again. What I'm worried about is the reason Switch didn't get it back then despite being promised it and certain things that have happened this year that causes this worry to appear.

So when Switch didn't get crossprogression, it was announced that Switch didn't get it because of a problem occurring with crossing over dlcs. (or heavily rumored, I can't remember which but I've talked to some people and they remember this too so I feel like it's true and not my mind playing tricks.) Even earlier this year/late last year when the devs were asked about crossprogression they didn't seem so sure it was coming either, but if they could make it work they would. This brings us to a player satisfaction survey that happened this year that had a section dedicated to cross progression and if there was something that we would be fine removing from cross progression what would it be.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they had nothing promising to tell us before that satisfaction survey and then the very next update we got about cross progression after the survey, all of a sudden they can confidently tell us that it's coming to all consoles and pc (everything but mobile) and that it will be available "later this summer" as of the anniversary stream. What got cut? You can't convince me that that question was on a player satisfaction survey, but they managed to figure out the issues anyways and now all platforms are getting it and everything is fine, no cuts necessary. That would be way too convenient. What got cut? Something absolutely did. Is it our cosmetics? Our levels? Our dlc? What was it?

Honestly, I hope I'm just being pessimistic with this and I hope with every fiber in my dbd being that I'm wrong. It just feels inevitable.

Comments

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited June 27

I believe it will be DLC that you bought through a specific platform's own store that won't be transferable (only Auric cell purchases). Since I bought almost all my Licensed content on PC via the Steam store, none of this will be available for use on my Switch when cross progression comes. Likewise, the Killers and Survivors that come with the base game of the Switch version won't be available on my PC account.

Other than that (not confirmed, just a suspicion), we don't know anything else about how it might work. I have plenty of questions too, but I guess we'll just have to wait to hear more.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366
    edited June 27

My suspicion is that we might not be able to transfer DLC stuff

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

probably dlc stuff but honestly i dont care about that and think its fair.

Just give me my levels and my cosmeticsc, especially my aot stuff.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

as long as the perks are still unlocked, I'll live

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,719

Yeah it will depend on how your stuff was acquired, in the platform store and whether it was with cells or not. I imagine all unlocked perks and items and character levels will move over. Some cosmetics may not.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Not being able to transfer DLC is understandable

Cross Progression should merge (imo):

-Devotion level
    -Prestige level for characters
    -Items, add-ons and offerings
    -Bloodpoints and iri shards
    -Cosmetics that were bought in the shop, obtainable by codes and rifts/events

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153

They already said that paid-for-currencies on one platform will not transfer to another platform (unless that currency comes from the Rift).

If I were to take a guess, there are going to be some restrictions for platform specific content since Sony is normally the holdback since they typically want financial compensation and/or restrictions, Epic Games and Digital Extremes had to do it so I wouldnt be surprised. DLCs might be affected as a result.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,620

I'll say this I don't mind having to buy the DLCs again because it makes sense their companies they want money plus Steam has sales all the time so easy as pie to get them again for dirt cheap. The only thing for me is achievements I take pride in them and some I don't think I'll be getting again any time soon aka Left for Dead.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I know in the original Q&A from years ago they said "platform exclusive" cosmetics won't transfer like the free Trapper Switch Cosmetic (which is just a red version of the Delinquent outfit for him but actually released first so technically Delinquent is the recolor but many wouldn't know that).