The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

opinions on ratting out teammates

eaturfruitloops
eaturfruitloops Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
edited July 8 in General Discussions

I had my first experience being “ratted out “ i say with quotation marks as i was on a gen and not even hiding. It was me and a sable left and i had no hooks whilst sable had two, i really only got chased once by the killer and they didnt commit to the chase so i never went down and got hooked. As soon as my friend died and it was me and this sable left she began jumping in and out of lockers, pointing the killer to where i was ( on a gen mind you ) and eventually just leading the killer to me and standing still watching as i go down and kill myself on hook because the killer says no to her getting me off. It was a bad experience as there wasnt any motive for her to lead the killer to me as i was actively doing objectives the entire game.

If i was hdiing and waiting for the sable to die id be understanding why she would rat me out, but why do it when i worked with her on gens multiple times and she saw me working on a gen as she was trying to rat me out? I dont get why people do this kind of stuff /:

Ive been slugged myself for the 4k and been okay with bleeeding out whilst i see the other last survivor crouch and wait for me to die, it sucks but i dont mind and i wouldnt go out of my way to give off their location becuase of it.

What do you guys think of ratting out teammates, have you experienced it yourself and whats your opinions on it?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 623

Yes. It's common SoloQ experience, at least for me.

There is a griefing report button for such cases but I honestly doubt anything will be done about it. Best you can do is dodge such person by having a list of player nicknames who trolled or ruined your games before. Simply quickly check your list and if the name does match - leave the lobby and go for another one. There is no penalty for doing so and it's best to wait for an extra minute or two than have another match of yours ruined.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I play killer anonymously because sometimes you'll have some salty people you beat as your teammate and back when you couldn't hide your name I would have people occasionally sandbagging me in survivor games for revenge

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,664

Working with the Killer is reportable, so if you encounter this behaviour again please use the in-game report, record your match and open a ticket here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/categories/6713776396180-Dead-by-Daylight

This discussion has been closed.