The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Have scratchmarks gotten worse?

moputopia
moputopia Member Posts: 143

I thought it was my fault for being too blind to see them properly for a while, but I've seen other people bring this up as well. I believe there's also been a few bug reports on this topic that got marked as not enough info. Personally I feel like I have to rely on sound pretty often to be able to tell in which direction a survivor went after losing line of sight. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Here's one video I found for a comparison.

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,770

Thank the entity it isn't just me experiencing this.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

Yeah, I’ve noticed it getting worse too.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

I have noticed it too and it makes playing killer really annoying.

• 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 87

yep, its getting really bad

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

This is nothing new and the comparison video is quite…useless.

The thing is that Scratchmarks end up under the grass, so if there is grass, you will have a harder time seeing scratchmarks (as seen on the left). But this is not new at all, this has been the case for years.

• CosmicScarab
    CosmicScarab Member Posts: 137

It's been like this since around the switch to unreal 5, it feels like. There's absolutely a noticeable delay in scratch marks and occasional large gaps their placement. It's pretty noticeable if you run fixated.

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 118

Have people also being noticing its harder to hit basic M1s now than before? Or am I going crazy?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

They're always getting worse, just like the sounds.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,225

I do think they are getting worse, but there is a variable unaccounted for in the video. In the right video, they throw a firecracker/flashbang, so that might affect the scratch mark spawn logic in a way we are unaware. It may be the case that they are getting worse because more people are using flashbangs, but it also could just be scratch mark issues in general.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

BHVR loves to mess with scratch marks and it's strange, this is a core game mechanics that must be consistent and messing with it doesn't makes sense at all

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,484

Is it possible that luck is affecting the scratch marks?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,999

idk about that video but the scratch mark are definitely off compare to a few months ago. Scratch marks spawn in much slower

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 654
  • Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,581

I've felt it too. Every update, scratch marks get worse and M1 attacks get wonkier.