Singularity vs Skull Merchant

vol4r
vol4r Member Posts: 225

Singularity is the new Skull Merchant, change my mind.

Comments

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 169

In what way?

• vol4r
    edited July 24

Annoying to go against. Really can't to much but predrop pallets, which doesn't matter for him with how easy it is to break them. Also, how 8 pallets on coldwind or haddonfield is gonna let surviviors have a decent chase against him?

With build such as bamboozle, pain res, pop and let's say grim or deadlock or corrupt he is impossible to win against.

He was really strong, he is a killing machine right now.

• vol4r

It really isn't. I was giving the most obvious map as an example.

I feel miserable if someone who has 10x less playing time in a game wins on 4 gens.

• vol4r

I win more against skull merchants these days, definitely.

I feel like he could use some nerfs for breaking pallets, mechanic of destroying pallet on a teleport should be nerfed aswell.

It's too easy to get rid of the only ways to fight him, which are map resources. Considering that you can spam his power so frequently.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Old skull merchant was really strong in indoor maps, singularity always sucks ass in indoor maps

Definitely worse version of her, at the very least

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036

I would agree that Singularity is not really fun to verse. But he was never fun to verse, the most recent changes dont really change anything, it was always annoying that he teleported right onto you (which is why EMPs have to be effective against him).

He is just more accessible, which probably makes him a bit more annoying.

But IMO nowhere near to Skull Merchant. She is just obnoxious.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

i love screwing with her….drones

not whatever this ugly global gen camp cybro is, but thats just my opinion, yeah im based, sue me.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992

He's quite strong, but his map mobility is easy to deny due to the abundance of EMPs. It's chase where he becomes oppressive, and that's not really anything new in DBD. I don't see him as a new Skull Merchant because the thing that made Skull Merchant so singularly despised was that she forced games that took forever. I'm definitely not getting that against Hux - and I'm still having better luck in games against him than I am, say, Billy.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I'll admit I really don't like going against him, feels like there's not much you can really do to last very long in chase. I'd MUCH rather go against current SM rather than Hux.

• TetroXyD
    TetroXyD Member Posts: 30

The reason some people hate facing Singularity: He forces you to play differently.The reason I love facing Singularity: He forces you to play differently.A fight against Singularity is often a mental battle where the first to give up loses.This is the main reason why he is so exhausting to face/play, but it's what makes him unique.

SM doesn't have that merit.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Current SM is literally just bad at the chase, of course you'd want to go against her than any other good chase killer

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 249

I think he is fine and its more or less an issue of how u play against him.

Most survivors I play with or against play the same against every killer which means holding W, hammering spacebar and vaulting an throwing everything they see. He is a hard counter to that.

But theres also many survivors that know how to loop and mindgame that do just fine against him.

• legiondoctor
    legiondoctor Member Posts: 137

Chucky is wayyyyt worse then skull merchant.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

compares skull merchant to an actually interactive killer with fair chase power that takes a lot of skill and effort to use.

default dbd forums.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,818

While we know you won't bother changing your mind no matter what we'll give it a crack

Annoying to go against: Subjective just like Billy is annoying to go against for us.

Really can't to much but predrop pallets, which doesn't matter for him with how easy it is to break them: You have EMPs across the map which survivors can use to effectively turn him into an M1 killer if used smart. Meaning survivors can loop him, meaning you can do more than predrop pallets, and probably should since you'll run outta pallets fast. He only has super mode when he teleports which can be repeatedly denied by survivors. We haven't seen a hux since the update, but nothing in the notes we can find changed this part.

Also, how 8 pallets on coldwind or haddonfield is gonna let surviviors have a decent chase against him?: Would you have any more of a decent chance against literally anyone else with 8 pallets between 4 ppl? As people said above, thats more a map issue.

Summary: Nothings really changed about him except making it slightly better to play as him. Q the denials

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 265
    edited July 25

Singularity and Skull Merchant are not comparable. The reason Skull Merchant was so bad was because her power enabled players to take advantage of gen spawns to literally hold the game hostage and force a win. That's not even possible anymore.

Singularity has counterplay, it's just not conventional. His chase ability heavily neutralizes the usual killer counterplay, so you have to understand how he plays in order to exploit his weaknesses. A good rule of thumb is to assume that he can generally find you if he really wants to, as long as he's set up his cameras properly.

Pre-EMP'ing pods when working on gens is a good way to keep him from teleporting to you. If you only pop an EMP when he hits you with a slipstream, then he will probably have enough time to get a teleport off, or he will quickly place a pod to hit you with another Slipstream mid-chase.

When he's chasing you, vaulting is a good way to throw him off, because he is always teleporting behind you to where you were a second ago. If you time it right, he will be stuck on the other side of the window and have to vault to continue the chase. With pallets, greed them as much as possible, and you can hit him right as the Overclock mode ends to get a stun.

If one only uses pallets like he's a normal M1 killer and use EMP's when you get Slipstreamed, then he has the advantage because his kit generally counters that.

Post edited by Vorahk08 on
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,029

singlurarity is amazing at 3 gens. he takes advantage of gen-positions. I have been seeing a lot of 3 gen singularity in soloq with grey add-on that increases biopod range by +4 meters and Nano gel which decreases camera cooldowns. Once they fix gen exploit, i can see this character being old skull merchant 2.0 where the games take long time to complete.

• Toystory3Monkey

the difference is that he doesnt get hits for free eventually like SM does. he has to tag a person & tp to them and that wastes some of his precious time in that scenario so a person with EMP can disable a pod on the other gen and add some progress / remove regression event and you can do the same.

he does slow the game down significantly, but if you dont make mistakes & leave 3 gen in a place with windows, you'll break it.

as any 3 gen, it's a game of endurance and a coordination check and even though hux is very good at playing such scenarios, in public matches conditions you shouldnt struggle with that unless you ended up in a scenario where you're out of any resources entirely and the killer has fully secured winning position at which point you've lost.

but in no way singularity is capable of forcing 3 gen from the start and consistently winning against any people that do things right and don't suck in chase.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,029
    edited July 25

yes he does. eventually he can teleport to survivors directly where a giant deadzone is created. With add-on like +4 meter biopod and Nano gel which reduces the time to infect someone and TP. you can like infect people from like so far away, teleport to them almost immediately after they've been infected and capitalize off dead-zones that 3 gens create.

He even has a secondary objective in these Emps that also slows the game down further. Obviously if you don't remove infection, he gets immediate teleport's. I think you can just force 3 gens right at the start as singlurarity in new version and win teams with it. his 3 gen is that good.

While SM is good generator defender, She's not that good at initiating chases. Singularity is both good at defence and initiating chases.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Toystory3Monkey

if they cant find cover to prevent teleports and minimize infections or figure out the safer paths in situation where they arent on a tight timer anymore, then I think they deserve to get the most boring match ever. Im sorry, but if you keep bashing your head into the wall, the head breaks first.

also, complaining about 3 gen singularity in reality of 8 kick system is insane.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,253

I'm not a fan of killers who has built in camping method. The fact that single Larry can put blobs near hooks annoyes me. Yeah theres a cooldown if he teleports but its not all that big.

What both single Larry and Skull Karen have that i hate is the fact that you can't destroy the blobs or the drones. You can disable them but not get rid of them so they have to come replace it.

Still hate Skull Karen more though.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Sounds like a huge Skill Issue he isnt even much stronger before the Patch he is just less stressful to play as

Survivor Mains should finally learn to counter a Killer before going on a forum and cry for nerfs

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366

Lol agree to disagree…

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 265
    edited July 25

It's no longer possible to hold a 3-gen like Skull Merchant used to. The regression event limit was specifically created to prevents this. A Singularity could choose to hold a 3 gen from the start, but they cannot do so indefinitely. It's not a particularly viable strategy anymore, due to the fact that survivors would still have resources and there is a hard limit on gen regression.

Pre-EMP'ing pods would completely remove the teleport, Overclock, and add-ons from the equation, while forcing the Singularity to pick a target and go with it, allowing other survivors to make progress.

Lots of killers were capable of holding a 3 gen. While killers can still hold a 3-gen for a little while, they cannot do so indefinitely to stall out the game. Thus, Skull Merchant and Singularity are not comparable.