The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unpopular opinion? Trapper ruins 2v8!

Katzengott
Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

I get it, Trapper is weak, maybe even the weekest of all killers. But in 2v8 he's like in 80% of my games. As surv it feels like looping on a minefield. Most of the time i have a good chase with the other killer, i just get trapped. And i hate that sound! And the fear of traps. Worst thing is, ppl told me there is a tome for playing trapper, BHVR really pushes it's maskot. And before you ask, i play on console, so no filters or "low graphics" to spot his traps easier. Really hope in time they will allow more and more different killers to join the 2v8 so we can have more variety.

Comments

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 139

I'm the opposite.. I'm happy that he actually finally can be threatening - but I respect your feelings about it

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

For me it's Wraith. He's been in 9/10 games and pretty much all will immediately zoom across map to meet me while getting uncaged. I've gone back to normal mode now anyway so finally getting some variety.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

This is why the Scout class is necessary. Lol. A good scout will keep eyes on the Trapper and let you know where hes been so you know where to loop. The trapper doesnt have time to go and set up all of his traps right at the start of the match. He has time to set a few and then move on to downing survivors and placing them as he goes. Trapper works really well in 2v8 otherwise and I dont think he needs to be removed or nerfed or anything.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 542

Well, he got basekit extra +100% survivors who can step in his traps. Massive buff I say!

• Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 101

With 85 pallets on a map basic M1 killer would never catch a survivor. Trapper is necessary for this mode, this is why everyone plays him. Him and huntress. Billy and Philip can be looped to no end in these maps. You can pre-drop 85 until 8 gens are done if a killer for some reason decides to commit to a chase.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Ridiculous amount of pallets and map size yet somehow "looping on a minefield" huh

I wish trapper actually had that much of traps here

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

Trapper is the most normal killer to play, with 150% speed to make him super extra normal. His traps are also slowdown

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

Just wait until down the road when there's Trapper and Hag in this mode.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

Yeah trapper is scary in the normal mode aswell…I don't like facing him. Playing him though can be fun from time to time :)

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

Trapper is frustrating in this mode, because theres little that survivors can do to depend themselves from killers, so you end up with similar situations in 1v8 than in normal DbD in that he can lockdown an area and then both he and the other killer can heard you into the trapped area and basically get a pretty hefty lead, which is annoying af.

That said, my main issue is Huntress. Please, BHVR, for the love of god…revert her buffs, please just let her have five hatchets again. She was strong but fair before those buffs, now she can just spam her hatchets and it make for very boring and frustrating gameplay.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

LET ETHAN SHINE!
    Poor Trapper..

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

If scouts do their jobs, you deduce where Trapper spawned and everyone is attentive and mindful to disarm traps he isn't that much of an issue just like in 1v4. Wraith is generally a much bigger problem with his AoE undetectable allowing them to gang up on people with no way to respond.