The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slugging should be removed from 2v8

MrDardon
MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

A down should automatically send Survivors to a cage. It's meant to be a fast paced mode and then you have Killers being all funny and slugging Survivors, dragging it all out for no reason.

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

At least survivors can get up on their own as many times as they want if they are on death hook.

• nodforkiss
    nodforkiss Member Posts: 160

i want 8k and with 3 hatchs, yeah im slugging the last 3.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

I would agree with this. If this is to be a fun mode, then it should eliminate slugging. There is no interraction required after downing the survivor besides stomping on them, so there's nothing left to do anyway. The killer can send a survivor to the Crab Traps instantly and get on with the killing.

Keeping slugging in as a tactical option goes against this being a more fun mode, and was one of my reasons why this mode only held limited appeal to me. The moment people started optimising tactics was the moment I realised this wasn't for me.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,649

Survivors should auto-cage immediately, or after 60 seconds.

…But if a survivor is caged, and a killer goes near them, either while they are still caged, or within 15 seconds of them being uncaged, then that survivor should be teleported somewhere random on the map, and fully healed.

That would fix slugging, and fix cage tunneling.

• Bedslamb
    Bedslamb Member Posts: 75

only realised yesterday we have unlimited Unbreakable in 2v8 when slugged ?

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 421

That's only when you have reached second hook/cage state.

Killers can slug all 8 survivors without ever caging them and nobody will be able to pick themselves up.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

We don't need auto caging, we need self-pickups on all cage states.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,812

Because slugging is a legitimate playstyle or something, and 2v8 exists for the killer’s delight.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

Add Base Kit Unbreakable I guess

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,849

I don't think a down should automatically send a survivor to the cage. I actually enjoy the act of stomping on survivors. But I do think survivors should be able to heal themselves back to an injured state to prevent slugging as a strategy.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492
    edited July 31

30 seconds and im fine with that.

Edit: should disable in endgame.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Absolutely not.

Every time survivors are cluttered together, it would be stupid not to keep hitting until they disperse or go all down.

Then, and then only, slugs can be sent to pods.

It can take way more than 10 seconds. A minute isn't rare for big groups.

And given that now 2vs8 is getting gen-rush after gen-rush, every bit of pressure counts.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Throughout the course of the trial, it absolutely is.

When it's down to the last few survivors and you're doing it purely to prevent the hatch spawning, no. That's borderline exploit. The hatch spawns for a reason.

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

which almost never happens
    you are more likely to use self-care then use basekit unbreakable
    which by that point you should have it by the start, only take about 30-60 secounds depending how many hook states you have left
    that way killers can slug for snowball but not slow/drag down the game for whatever reason

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 693

autocaging makes a lot of sense IMO

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Once all the gens are done, there's no incentive for the killer to cage anyone who isn't on death hook. It's a real problem I hope they do something with next time.

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

you rarely have a reason to slug anymore in 2v8 since the cage option exists
    no sabos, no flashlight saves, no struggle builds, NOTHING TO PREVENT A CAGE.

you shouldnt expect killers to slug since you have the cage option and will most likely just danger yourself 9 out of 10 times,

the only reason you slug is to earn more downs which come quickly.

Other then that you got no excuses,
    this doesnt provide much pressure when you fight a 8 man swf and give up several hooks just for a slug
    or making soloq miserable being bleedout or on the ground for a long ass time when its supposed to be fast paced

but sure make playing survivor less fun as it already is and enjoy your increased queue time

sure slugging isnt against the rules and such,
    but dont expect anyone to play a mode that is just "gen-rush"/"floor" simulator

and no, even as a person who generally likes to do gens
    having to constantly gen-rush isnt fun.
    which is the same as killers having to run slowdown in 1v4 to remotely get the chance to win as killer

its not fun and forced

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

People will always complain about something. 2 v 8 is a different mode but the same game. In 1 v 4 I'm always being accused of being toxic for something. If survivors are constantly blinding me to stop me doing the pick up, or if people body block or something then ye I slug them.

killer complains about being looped or body blocked, survivor says "what are we supposed to do let you kill us?" Ok, fair enough.... When a survivor complains about slugging killer can say "what am I supposed to do, let you escape?" Same applies in 2 v 8. With 3 hatches it can be beneficial to slug last few to get the extra points for closing hatches and ensuring the last ones don't escape. What are killers supposed to do? Let people escape through the hatch?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,263
  • Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 732

this only shows how toxic the players in this game are

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

As lame as slugging can be, you kind of need a little bit of it over the course of the match.

If you down a survivor at a gen, you're better off breaking the pallet and damaging the gen before you cage the survivor. No point letting them get back in the game while you're on time out

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,812

I guess if they were like griefing or not participating in normal gameplay you could report. I don’t think that accomplishes much, however. In any case I think if survivors made a big enough stink about slugging for a perfect victory (4/8K) BHVR would eventually limit it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Autocage when downed sounds good in theory but the problem is a killer like Huntress who can snipe you from across the map. She could down you across the map, then your cage could pop up right by her - kind of defeats the purpose of the cage popping up away from the killer that just downed you.

I have a feeling that if they add more classes on the survivor side there is going to be one that addresses slugging if slugging becomes more of an issue - probably something like unbreakable for player running it and nearby survivors.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162

Cages dont work like that they spawn relative to the killers position so a huntress snipe the other side of the map with huntress

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 915

Either that or make Unbreakable basekit before reaching the final cage stage (which is incredibly silly anyway: why would a killer slug you if they can just get you out of the match?). This would allow killers to still temporarily slug if so deemed opportune, but prevent them from doing something like slugging all 8 survivors for 70+ matches in a row.