What do you guys think of Jane being overweight?

Options
ImAGirl
ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

She's slightly overweight. Is it easier to see her in chase? Easier for me.

Comments

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

I don't think it necessarily helped me in the chase, but her size made it easier to spot her on the ground (in the dying state).

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

i think her legs are weird and wrong tbh

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

They’re slowly trying to introduce pallets that won’t have the same integrity. Such as, pallets that automatically break after being vaulted one too many times...

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019
    Options

Slightly overweight? She looks prettt chunky in her new cosmetics.

As for what I think....it's irrelevant. A survivor is a survivor. Doesn't really matter how they look to me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

She’s only curvy not fat not thicc.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited March 2019
    Options

She's not fat, she's just got some THICC hips and booty. I think she's a great addition to the game

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options

Cause people are stupid and think they are entitled to what a survivor should look like.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Jane is definitely overweight albeit just slightly. People are just used to seeing really fat people so someone slightly overweight is considered "thick", "curvy" and so on. Jane and Meg have the about the same height yet Jane weighs like 40% more than Meg based on her legs and... Her huge gluteus maximus.

That being said I don't notice a difference chasing her or other survivors. The only survivor that can virtually disappear like a ninja is Claudette - sometimes.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I prefer my woman STACC'ed

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I don’t mind her being thicker, I just wish they would round her shape out and increase her bust. She looks boxy shaped to me.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2019
    Options

Clown's relationship with Kate has ended. Now Jane is his favourite.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

Strategically speaking, it is wiser to pick a character that is smaller and darker so as to be harder to see *cough*Claudette*cough*. But lots of survivors give exactly 2 craps about being hard to see. Just look at all the colorful cosmetics and how often they are used as proof. With all that said, I like the fact that she is overweight more from the perspective that overweight people are largely under represented in video games.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Survivors are strongest while they're looping. If you catch someone while they're hiding, it often means a free hit and even a down. Besides if a survivor spends so much time stealthing and hiding, they're not doing objectives nor are they being chased. If they're doing objectives, they're often doing them slower.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,472
    Options

She looks unhealthy

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

I don't know I was trying to vault a pallet silently as her but the pallet broke ..

¯\(°_o)/¯ ..

But I like diversity .. now that we got a Fat man ( jeff) and this fatty woman (jane)

I feel like the devs would be overdoing it if the next Survivor a fatty too . Good God . 🙈

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Umm, why do people insist on calling fat people "curvy" or "slightly overweight"? Jane is fat, period. Not that she's not attractive in a weird way, but it doesn't change the facts.

• Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options

Who cares?for the people who seem to have an issue with her weight/thickness... Do you shame every “fat/thick/thicc” person you see in your every day life? Like, grow up.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited March 2019
    Options

Her big booty make her legs appear shorter which makes her look a bit like a fat dwarf (no offense to small people).

Not attractive at all. Probably has to do with the perspective of survivors aswell.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

You assume it's fat not muscle. Also, although correlated weight does not indicate health or muscle to fat ratio.

• Yamaoka
    Options

When did Jane become a bodybuilder, powerlifter, strong(wo)man etc? Normal people who don't lift can't have 40% more muscle mass than other people who are the same height, gender, age unless the overly muscular person in question has a rare myostatin condition causing overgrowth of muscle tissue. Jane is (slightly) overweight, not sure why some people make a fuzz about it.

• PiiFree
    Options

If you're a bit thicker than her and you see people calling her fat, it would automatically mean that you're fat aswell. I think that's why some people don't want to call her fat :-)

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189
    Options

maybe for you she's overweight, but real woman have curves! who wants to count every bone of their girls body? LUL

• PiiFree
    edited March 2019
    Options

Does that mean real men have a beer belly aswell? Lucky me then.

• Yamaoka
    Options

Ooooh that makes sense 😅.

On a serious note being (slightly) overweight doesn't necessarily mean someone's unattractive or anything and I'm not talking about social lies like "beauty comes from the inside" but more like other factors. I mean... Jane Romero sure as hell has a perfect face and upper body... Right?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@PiiFree Is she really fat though?

She has a flat stomach, her booty and breast is filled with fat. She looks like a typical hispanic woman. Her face looks normal, and she even has somewhat a jawline. You can't even see fat people's necks.

She is not thin by any means but when you say fat, I have a different image in my mind.

• PiiFree
    Options

@Yamaoka

You're absolutely right. It also depends on what body parts you find important. Many men prefer women with nice, big boobs but to me a nice booty is much more important.... and Janes booty is a bit too big for my taste, that's probably also because of the high waist pants.

@Delfador

No, she's not fat but I think her booty is a bit too thick compared to the rest of her body. The proportions seem a bit weird. She's not fat, her booty is fat 😆

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Options

In the wise words of Mystikal and Lil Dicky...

She ain't fat, 'bruh', just a lil THICC.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

I've had bigger

• Blueberry
    Options

People would rather complain about "fat shaming" rather than just putting the food down. It's always someone elses fault these days. I just don't like how so many facets are attempting to normalize unhealthy levels of weight for the sake of emotions.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    Options

looks like someone is jealous cause they're as flat as a door or they're trying to keep the illusion that they're with a hot plank

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

People complain about fat shaming because it's a ######### thing to do. We're all entitled to our opinions. But if you don't find someone attractive you don't have to be a dick about it. I personally don't find ultra skinny women attractive. I'm not going to make a thing about it to them and try to shame them into conforming to my ideals.

• Blueberry
    Options

Please elaborate on what I said that was being a "dick"? I said nothing even rude whatsoever.

The difference here is skinny isn't unhealthy (not talking about an extreme like anorexia here), being overweight is.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Such a topic.

Gamewise, I don't care too much about any survivor's appearance. As long as they have the same hitbox, I don't have to worry. They all walk and run at the same speed, anyway. And since I play mostly killer, they all hang in the hook the same way to me.

Now on another note, having people from different backgrounds and lifestyles represented in media (games in this case), will always bring acceptance and attention from those feeling they're being represented, and it is the general trend in this time. I sure welcomed the addition of Jeff "the metalhead" Johansen, for that exact reason.

Now in a more serious tone, being overweight or obese is really not a matter of opinion, acceptance, or attractiveness. It is a matter concerning health. And a matter of public health in a larger scale.

In societies where the obesity rate for adults is over 30%, it is normal and expected, to have a lot of people defending that condition or trying to gain acceptance. But the long term impact on each individual's health and later on the public health system goes beyond any opinion. And those are facts that are being measured every day and are out there for anyone to read.

If fat shaming is a term, fact shaming should be one too, by the same criteria.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

@Blueberry Sorry, I was referring to fat shaming in general not your comments specifically. But also trying to explain why I have an issue with it.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Honestly? I'm pretty tired of hearing millennials flood chats and streams with "thicc" over and over again.

I think she looks good. The term "thicc" is a made up new generation term that doesn't really mean anything.

If you clowns mean "thick" then that makes more sense. But she's just bigger. It isn't a big deal.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Nothing wrong with her appearence or design, and its nice to have a different body type represented instead of "tiny woman" and "broad shoulders man."

That said, it does look a bit awkward when she fast vaults to me, I feel like her model needs a slightly different animation to look more natural.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Options

I'm just tired of the constant "thicc, thicc, thicc" every time she's spoken about. It's becoming the new and unfunny "Nea is the killer."

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

People wanted an overweight Survivor, now they got one.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106
    Options

She's overweight? I thought she was just extra thicc.