The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Many survivors don't want to go back to 1v4 after 2v8 ends

sinkra
sinkra Member Posts: 386

1v4 feels overly sweaty not to mention boring as solo queue survivor after the chill chaotic fun matches of 2v8. The maps just feel empty and there's barely anything going on. I really hope they make 2v8 permanent because 1v4 is just not it anymore.

Comments

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

If 2v8 becomes permanent the only survivors left playing 1v4 will be 4-man swfs.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

2v8 has its shortcomings, but still, you can do very well with little effort, even in solo queue. Besides, the bp bonus is very attractive to a lot of people.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,876
    edited August 1

I definitely feel that way to a degree, but the novelty is going to wear off a bit at some point. And when/if the available killer roster is expanded and players can use their killers of choice, some of the chillness of the 2v8 is going to go away.

One of the great things about 2v8 is that it's really hard to tunnel, but some of that is going to be diminished when the higher mobility killers are (ostensibly) introduced into the mode.

I can think of some really nasty killer combos we're likely to see at some point.

Also, a lot of the current 2v8 killers are teams of players who were previously surv players, and just not all that good yet. I feel like it's pretty easy as surv now, but I don't expect that to last forever.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,470

It’s fun and I love it but it is different since you can’t really pick a customized loadout.

I believe 1v4 is still the more balanced mode. It feels more technical. And still very intimate so that the Killer and Survivors get to know each other 💀🔦

• steezo_de

Yeah sure you can get ######### over in a game. Several games in a row. But overall? I think you're going to succeed way more than in normal mode as survivor, or at the very least, get a feeling of success without investing too much into the game- especially if all you want to do is casually play… and I think that's what a lot of DBD players want. Most? I dunno about that, but a lot nonetheless. They just want mindless fun.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308

I also enjoy more 1v4 as survivor because i have perks and can make every match feel different since survivors are skins. But i also think 2v8 can be improved for survivors and it is a new mode that should be brought back more frequently than the modifiers. I'm fine with 2v8 not being permanent but please, don't take MONTHS or even year to make it available again.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

The first though is a pro/con, the lack of effort can make survivor feel unrewarding, and the BP bonus cannot be a long term solution.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

I'll be glad when 2v8 is gone, at least until they add more killers to it to have some variety. Every 2v8 match has a Huntress who's using one of the 57 methods of aura reveal in this mode to blast you from the other side of the map. Even in this mode with 7 other survivors to choose from, the killers will still be racing across the map to find survivors that were just uncaged to tunnel them as well. Even when I try to play 1v4 right now, the killer queues are still 5 minutes plus and survivor in 1v4 takes almost as long to find a game. Maybe if they put some iteration into it it'll be more enjoyable in the future, but right now I'll be glad when things get back to normal.

• steezo_de

I'm not arguing that, but I am saying that they count for something to a lot of people. I don't think this mode should be permanent but I understand why others want it. It's easy mode, and for the time-being, about as casual as you can get in DBD.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

If 2v8 had more variety in killers it would be more attractive longterm. I like the lack of 'regular' perks, relatively low chances of being insta-tunnneled and the chaos of it all. Even when you lose a killer and someone pops a gen revealing your location again it's a bit of a thrill. 400bp isn't too shabby either. The killer games I had with a friend felt very fun even when we were losing.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

FWIW, I've played DBD for 6 years and I've never been a Stan. I've always had other pvp games that I prefer. 2v8 is the first time I feel like this could be a game I play daily, because it's lighter and simpler and faster — more like the games I love most.

I can see how, for the hard-core fans who do Stan DBD, they might feel differently.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited August 3

Ah yes of course, playing excessively survivor sided mode for long time will make actually fair mode feels like "overly sweaty" for sure

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,052

Sure they do. They're facing 1 killer instead of 2. Their main complaint in 2v8 is "It's unfair! I can't outrun 2 killers!" I can't even make the argument that they're more likely to have a bad teammate cost them the game in 1v4, because whether it's there or in 2v8, dead weight is dead weight and it'll cost you. I feel that killers are gonna have a hard time adjusting when they go back because they can't insta-cage people and they don't have a teammate. Coinciding with that 10-second hook time buff isn't gonna help either.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,052

Sure they do. They're facing 1 killer instead of 2. Their main complaint in 2v8 is "It's unfair! I can't outrun 2 killers!" I can't even make the argument that they're more likely to have a bad teammate cost them the game in 1v4, because whether it's there or in 2v8, dead weight is dead weight and it'll cost you. I feel that killers are gonna have a hard time adjusting when they go back because they can't insta-cage people and they don't have a teammate. Coinciding with that 10-second hook time buff isn't gonna help either.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 118

2v8 is unplayable garbage. Unbalanced, unfun garbage. Every match I did was filled with more sweat than I normally encountered in a normal match, regardless of if I was survivor or killer. And that's IF I got to play as killer, since the queue times were so bad. It was the worst thought out game mode I have every experienced in any game I've ever played, and I've played a lot of games. Bloody Overwatch - the king of terrible game design - has better thought out modes than 2v8 was.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 146

Definitely good that they have experimented with this. Was fun to begin with. But now it's just killers either shooting across the map to interrupt the uncaging with Billy or Wraith or if they're playing together their team mate does it by staying on opposite sides of the map. Played a Billy/Wraith combo where it was practicallu impossible to get an unhook without the other killer showing up.

If its not that, it's getting old very quickly facing huntress in 9 out of 10 games. The mode needs more variety to make it viable long term. How they do that, I'm not sure.

There has to be less people playing it now, it was taking a good while for some of my survivor lobbies to fill up this afternoon. As I said good that they've experimented with this though.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,382

"The mode needs more variety to make it viable long term."

This.

I really liked 2v8, I think it was fun and something that DBD really needed, but the lack of killer variety is pretty bad. I honestly think they should have delayed it until every killer was playable.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

I have been escaping way more in 2vs8 soloQ than in normal. 1vs4 is for swf and 2vs8 is for solos you got it wrong. 1vs4 requires more coordination and skill from survivors and you need swf agains't most killers to have chance. I would however like to see some antitunnel and saves in 2vs8 and something for chase agaisn't 2 killers still in future. I don't think I play 1vs4 soloQ again if 2vs8 comes pernament.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

I think 2v8 shows how stagnant 1v4 gameplay has been for a long time. I'm not a fan of 2v8 but I can understand why people like it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

This was just test and they will add more killers/classes and maps next time. But I find it also enjoyable there is not any unfun killers from 1vs4. Imagine your facing skull merchant and knight...

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,497
    edited August 4

Don´t speak for me.

This mode is exhausting and also there are to limited options and a lot of unfair situations where you can´t do anything.

Needs some tweaking.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,382