Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Colorblind Options

I recently switched to pc. I started using reshade to help with my red green colorblindness. But I'm curious does the dev team have any plans to make the game more friendly in that aspect. Maybe make stretchmarks and gen colors customizable. Apex has options like this and it has made my life is much better in that game. Idk just a suggestion.

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

There are already at least two colorblind modes in the game settings.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Those already in the game are neat, but can only do so much.

Customizable aura and scratchmark colors really shouldn’t be that hard to implement (and wouldn’t give an actual advantage for those not affected by colorblindness - the auras and scratchmarks are designed to be seen over other textures after all)

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

custom aura colours when

• tyrese112499
    tyrese112499 Member Posts: 39

these are generic colorblind settings. In my case i domt use them becuase they actually make the colorblind issues worse. They arent good and domt help. Or else i would absolutely use them.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,927

This is good feedback! We're definitely always looking at improving our accessibility options and colourblindness is something that's discussed very often, not just within the game, but all the assets we put out on social media also.

Adjusting scratchmarks, making them more consistent etc is part of that, they definitely also look clearer on the Deutranopy filter than they do on Live, be interested in your thoughts if you test them out (without reshade) on the PTB.

(am also colourblind as an fyi)

• tyrese112499
    tyrese112499 Member Posts: 39

Ill try It and get back to you tomorrow. My main issue and the point of the intial post was that. I am red green colorblind like alot of people. With red green coloblindness the auras (generators, red stain, blood, and teammates or hooks), and scratchmarks on maps like coldwind (not the only example but definitely the worst offender) are super hard to see or even notice. Most times when another player does down i need to go against a wall to see them. Thats why i reccomended aura color customization. I think a different color customization (maybe light blue yellow or even greens) thats available to everyone would be a fantastic addition to the games acessability. But i will definitely look into the ptb and reply about how the scratchcmarks look most likely tomorrow.