The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huntress 2v8

Is it me or does the huntress need to be removed from the 2v8.

Limit their hatchets to 3 or an idea like the same killer cant be picked every game. Literally 10 games in a row ive come across the huntress and counting. So boring

Comments

• gilthfc
    gilthfc Member Posts: 4

Lol she is so boring its throw hatchets and every vault or pallet to stop the survivor. So OP for the 2v8

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Watch a video on how to dodge hatchets. It’s abysmally easy to do.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

I said this in another thread but considering Hillbilly and Nurse are harder to play really the options people have are Huntress, Wraith and Trapper.

I think maybe next time they considering the skill of the roster so it doesn't feel like every match is against the easy to play killers

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 619

The thing is getting worst when she is starting to team with the other killer using her vc & when nobody was spotting her when you are just unhooked from the Cage…

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 11

There is statistically a 60% chance that the killer in the game is NOT huntress, and that is assuming all of them equally have a 20% pick rate, the reality is they do not.

If we look at nightlight and view pick rates for the 5 killers, than normalize them for being the only 5 choices, we have these pick rates. (rounded, so may not equal 100%)

• Huntress - 34.8%
    • Hillbilly - 20.1%
    • Wraith - 16.5%
    • Nurse - 14.5%
    • Trapper - 14.2%

Factoring that it, we can see that the odds of NOT getting a huntress in your match is:

65.3% the first killer is not huntress

58.4% the second killer is not huntress.

Adding those up, there is a 38% chance that huntress is NOT in your game.

This means in 5 games played, you'll see her 3 times.

This is also assuming that the pick rates for these modes are equal to what they are for the normal game, which is probably not true. There is no data to show it, but anecdotally, i'd imagine billy has a significantly lower pick rate, due to him being the "support killer" and much harder to play with random other teammates and needing high coordination. So again, anecdotally, i'd imagine the odds of NOT seeing huntress in your game is probably closer to 30%.

The point though? This will get significantly better the next time 2v8 comes out and they add more killers to it. You'll stop seeing the same killers over and over again. You need to remember that with only 5 killers to choose from, and 2 killers every game, you are going to see the same killers ALOT more than you do in the regular game.

• HexHuntressThighs

oh well, there is 2 killers. Them teaming up is perfectly fine and actually not optimal at all. True there isn’t much you can do at the unhook but she is also the slowest killer in the game so her getting to the unhook is very difficult.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,157
    edited August 11

The biggest downside to her is her CD reduction to loading up hatchets in 2v8. Which means she can miss hatchets and basically not be punished w/ the slowdown. She'll miss a shot and almost immediately load another hatchet up. A lot of players are just…uhm, bad (dont tell them that!).

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Just drop pallets

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

they need to boost huntress popularity to make more money out of her

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

they have fixed her hatchet, they complained about it, reverted it back
    will never happen again sadly.

• xerox8521
    xerox8521 Member Posts: 112

Have you tried playing Wraith, Trapper or even Billy? You will run from palette to palette which Huntress and Nurse can completly ignore which is a good thing. Trapper can make palettes somewhat unsafe due to his traps.

• RenoPro
    RenoPro Member Posts: 69

Huntress is fun to go against and easy to loop the only problem is the hitbox of hatchets.

• eatmypeanut
    eatmypeanut Member Posts: 29

my only issue with huntress in 2v8 is how her hatchets seemingly curve around or go straight through the walls to get me

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Huntress is easily the most played killer in 8v2 and when I play 10 games of survivor, I see about 9 Huntresses. But I don't see this as a problem, its just the nature of such a limited roster and her power being really good in 8v2. Its like complaining that practically every survivor you face runs either DH, SB or Lithe, its just to be expected and lies in the nature of exhaustion perks.

• Mk205
    Mk205 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

Your stats don't add up. Anyway, I've been playing daily for weeks now and average 10-15 games a day, only one or 2 games out of those 10-15 don't have a huntress.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

Scouts are so funny vs Huntress, the Urban Evasion alone makes them give up chases against trash loops

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I'm torn here, because when I play huntress, they seem like good shots. There are laggy players, but most of my aimed shots seem true. When I play survivor, it's complete bullshit. Haha. I don't know if this is because of UE5 or because I'm getting queued out of my region, or what.

Playing against huntress when killer hosted was very fun. It's kind of a crap shoot these days.

• HexHuntressThighs
    edited August 12

and yet people said she didn’t need the movement speed boost. She moves at 85% in 2v8 and is being cooked by urban evasion.

Now imagine her default 77%. Everyday im proved more and more right on that

Post edited by HexHuntressThighs on
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 630

Well she's fun to play what can I say? It's in the nature of the mode that you get a lot of cool shots, so I feel like she's increadible fun to play on 2vs8. She doesn't feel to strong ether if the map is okay and the people actually try too loop, for some reason most people are just running from loop to loop and get sniped on the way there and that's for sure not on me.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Huntress is fine. Its just the maps that need tweaking. Most maps have tons of insanely low loops that huntress just shoots over. Thompson house has too many high loops, but is the safest map to go against her. Just needs some balancing.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308

Yeah thanks God we are not in charge of balancing the game right? 😂

I understand the frustration of versing the same killer over and over, reminds me of Wesker, but the other killers are super boring or harder to use, she is the middle ground between skill and fun.

• Wraith is extremely simple to the point of being uninteresting
    • Trapper is ok but gets boring quick, also if u are Naughty Bear, prepare to pick up the same trap 5 times in a row 😂
    • Nurse is very beginner unfriendly (personally can't stand her noises after every teleport)
    • Billy is fun to me and the one I use the most but I understand ppl feeling frustrated by the fact that his chainsaw no longer one hit. And he's not very beginner friendly either (unless u M1 all the time)

Once there are more killers allowed you'll se more variety, tho I think huntress will still be popular.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

nah asking for her to have less hatchets than there are survivors is such an absolutely wild skill issue moment