The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would you prefer entirely removing map offerings or reworking to block maps?

Comments

• Rumplestiltskin
    Rumplestiltskin Member Posts: 138

How about neither of your suggested options, as if those are the only alternatives. ;) I like map offerings, and I'm dubious about the logistics of blocking maps and Que health being compatible. Simply tweaking maps over time still seems like the most sensible approach. Not all maps are going to be great for every Killer or Survivors. There is nothing wrong with that.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 206

as much as i'd love them removed it is unrealistic . The second option is alot better where they simply block a realm .

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,740

This approach would be best. Those offerings should only be for simple preference, or maybe needed to get a particular challenge done, but not for ridiculous advantage.

There's also a couple of killer builds dependant on only a select few maps so those add-ons etc. should be looked at too.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,432

The idea of introducing more variants to maps is very good. I really like the new Ormond variant, for example.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I want them to fix the maps and make more varied maps so one map is not the One Stop Shop for a certain Killer or for good Survivors. But I also don't want 5 cruddy Badhams, I would rather some be more Surv titled, others be more Killer tilted, and most of them be balanced.

I do think it would help if one map offering went more than one place and we had many maps or map variants it could pick from. If they can't do that, map offerings should remove that realm from consideration so nobody gets shafted.

• RenoPro
    RenoPro Member Posts: 69

Oh wow! Another things that is getting asked to be nerfed for SWFS  fault!!! Keep me updated.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 449

remove offerings.

there's nothing that can help some maps being naturally more survivor sided and vica versa.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,482

They should rebalance the worst maps, remove the map offerings, and add more bp offerings

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

SWF doesn't really have much to do with this. You can be solo and abuse many of the loops on certain maps.

• RenoPro
    RenoPro Member Posts: 69

Yeah, but you need 4 to be completely sure to go to that map if i'm not wrong.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Nope. 1 offering and it's a guarantee you'll go to that certain map. Odds change if others use other map offerings as well.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,845

Both would be fine. Personally, I would prefer it if they were completely removed so that bps spawn more often in their place.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Just remove them at this point or make them a slight increase for that map. Most of the time people who send themselves to a certain map are using the best stuff to be the most boring players.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,279

I think I once saw someone suggest that map offerings, when played by survivors, should reduce the chance of that map appearing, while a killer's map offering remains the way it is now.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Neither. It's not that serious and most of the time it's a mental game. You probably 4K just the same.

It's only killers who complain about map offerings when they are just as accessible to killers as they are to survivors but killers would rather just use up puddings than any other offering.

• Assassin97
    Assassin97 Member Posts: 35

Map offerings are maybe the dumbest thing in the game, arguable, but I think they should've been removed years ago.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,273

I’m against changing them because I’m a Biased Scratched Mirror Myers main, but if my demand to make it where the add-on guarantees an indoor map, I’m all for reworking map offerings into map blockers.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122
    edited August 14

Realm blocker would be better.

BHVR doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to balancing maps. It would also be far easier to change the effect of map offerings first and revert the effect after all the problematic maps have been reworked.

For achievements on certain maps, they could be toned down or reworked if there's a need to.

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 167

Take it from survivor.

Killer are the Powerhouse and is alone. If He prefer a map this is okay

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,722

either is fine but i'd prefer removal for full rng. them staying the same is the worst option because "just balance maps" isn't a sensible solution, it's not possible. you can't balance rpd, lery's or dds so they magically reach the same strength level against entire killer roster.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited August 14

Which is previsely why map offerings are necessary.

You say we should have 'full rng' as if having the full map roster is fair for every killer or build. But the fact is that there are certain killers and builds that don't have an equal shot at a favourable map with the entire roster.

In the most general sense, there are far more 'survivors sided' maps than there are killer sided maps. So already survivors benefit more from 'full rng' than killers do.

Then you factor in that most of the 'killer sided' maps are the indoor ones, however these aren't favourable for ranged or high mobility killers, which means the likes of Huntress and Billy have a lower number of favourable maps in the full roster.

On the other hand, stealth killers find indoor maps to be far more favourable than the outdoor maps, even against otherwise 'killer sided' outdoor maps, so they have an even smaller percentage of favourable maps within the full roster.

Lastly there's Mirror Myers, who is so disproportionately suited to indoor maps that he may as well have 5 viable maps and 45 automatic DC maps.

The 'full rng' isn't fair as it is.

• starfall25
    starfall25 Member Posts: 4

Funny how people complain only about the killer side when killers are already boosted to death. Any experienced killer has no issues taking down survivors. Not to mention that there are killers that are outright broken. The doctor to name one, no matter how far you are, you get shocked and scream to let him know where you are. Not to mention that getting hit by him, for the rest of the game, your skill checks are screwy. I honestly dont care which map it is i go to. Id rather have other offerings because i hardly ever use a map offering. Id rather wish i could be able to sell the maps for 25% bp refund or JUST GET THE EFF rid of them. They clog the bloodweb and my offerings menu. Every level you get like 4-7 map offerings, just slightly less than gray quality offerings.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

I'd prefer if they started grouping more maps together in realms so you can choose a variety of map but not the exact one. Kind of how greenville is in the garden of joy offering so now its a 50/50 chance instead of guaranteed GoJ. Then also add offerings banning realms. Maybe a total of 6ish realms? Hopefully with indoor/outdoor maps separate so billy can ban leri's.

• NerfDHalready

i don't dislike survivor map offerings, i dislike them overall. if a singular killer add on is not viable on 95% of maps, that doesn't warrant and justify the existence of map offerings alone.

also please stop acting like you like killer map offerings. what do you like, pallet shredder legion? terror radius doc? rpd skull merchant? midwich nurse?

killers can run niche builds but forcing everyone to go to the suitable map they chose is way too much, just go play customs atp. and if your build doesn't fit majority of map roster you should know what you signed up for.

• Ashen_One_Chris
    Ashen_One_Chris Member Posts: 20

Seconded. There are abusable tactics on both sides for map offerings as they are.

At this point, the game has a total of 58 maps (variations included), with more to come. And then 37 Killers with unique powers on top. It is not a realistic demand to perfectly balance all of them, and I am not even gonna mention the track record of maps being one of the most complained aspects in the game.

I think it is much more realistic to deal with the option of 1 player (or side) choosing a very impactful part of a match (arguably as much if not more impactful than individual perk/addon builds), and forcing it on the other players. Either removing Map Offerings or changing them to reduce chances for a Map would be fine.

On a side note, along with Map Offerings I think it's also time for Mist Offerings to be removed. They offer practically nothing and take up Bloodweb nodes up to purple rarity.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 297

I am fully against blocking maps. I'd hate for the devs to put so much work into a map, and then its never used

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,580

Imagine if map offerings were flipped so that instead of increasing likelihood of getting the map, it eliminated it from the map pool instead so it wouldn't be played.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Make offerings ban a map/realm. Would be nice when it feels like I'm getting the same map/realm every other match.

I wouldn't mind map offerings being removed, just make it so the feature that prevents repeat maps is stricter (have it include realm instead of just map and make it so I don't repeat a realm for a few matches not just one back to back match) and don't shut it off when a new map is added.

• NerfDHalready

and no boosted maps. at least not with such high percentages, people complain about those a lot and while i don't mind getting good maps over and over, i didn't like rpd getting chosen and thrown into my face during that one event so i understand.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 939
    edited August 15

Make it like COD. Everyone including Killer, votes for 4 Maps to choose from (I know, in COD it's only 2) and make it so everyone has to make a vote, that it's a Ready Up. 😜

I'm joking, but hell. It be oddly interesting to see happen.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them boosting maps. I'd rather see my favorite map in a good even rotation than it get boosted with my least favorite.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 206

remove map offerings

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Wouldn't it be better suited the other way around? I feel like killers want to avoid certain maps way more frequently than survivors do. Billy wanting to avoid Lery's, Trapper wanting to avoid Eyrie, I feel like that happens more frequently than a survivor not wanting a specific map.

—

To the wider question, I think either would be appropriate, but I do like the common idea here of grouping more maps under the same offering. That way you're burning an offering for an increased chance, not a guarantee. Lowering the % chance down from 99 to something substantially lower would also be a good way of handling this.

Also, fully agreed with anyone asking to change the rarity. I don't know how to fix this in a way that doesn't just shift the problem over to the other rarities, but it's so hard to find other green offerings… maybe give map offerings their own rarity instead? idk.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,279

Wouldn't it be better suited the other way around? I feel like killers want to avoid certain maps way more frequently than survivors do. Billy wanting to avoid Lery's, Trapper wanting to avoid Eyrie, I feel like that happens more frequently than a survivor not wanting a specific map.

It's more based on certain killers wanting specific maps for specific set-ups, like Scratched Mirror Myers wanting indoor maps.

• AWAKENTHEDEAD
    AWAKENTHEDEAD Member Posts: 4

I'd prefer nap voting tbh. It would probably be problematic for the killer in the long run but would still prefer that over the same maps on repeat.