The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will finisher mori have any kind of solution for slugging for 4k( 2v1) & 1v1 being a coin toss?

Toystory3Monkey
Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450
edited August 15 in General Discussions

Not talking about basekit unbreakable even though that was kind of a solution.

Finisher mori will be a very huge incentive for killer players to slug for 4k in order to get the mori animation, since that would be a much more desirable reward than just getting another kill.

Playing for hatch / gates is not really fun for killer or survivor depending on map rng and other factors that are decided way before the match reaches that point. Killer might be someone capable of camping / checking 2 gates super easily. A hatch offering might be in play, ensuring that if 2nd survivor cant be hooked close enough for the killer to reach it, survivor gets the hatch easily and vica versa. Survivor might have sole survivor or key. Gates might spawn on two opposite corners with no way for the killer to do anything about it other than guess.

Survivor is doing everything to avoid confrontation with the killer on all stages of 1v1 / 2v1 because the moment survivor gets found and killer manages to zone them from the hatch, survivor has no chance of escaping.

So most of the time it just devolves in a boring slop where survivor camps a corner purposefully not engaging with killer bc the gates are impossible to open, while killer walks back and forth for 2 minutes.

Best case scenario - survivor/killer don't care about the outcome and just YOLO gates or (in case of killer) just walk around the map without trying to control gates. Still boring and uninteractive and

That will only get worse when killers will be encouraged to go for 4k even more with a free mori.

Slugging for 4k shouldn't be encouraged more than it already is and 1v1 shouldn't be so uninteractive as it is.

Having some kind of a big final chase where it's all or nothing for the survivor would be much better.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Toystory3Monkey

I heard that this version of finisher mori supposedly would not make mori perks / offerings obsolete and will just be a basekit cypress mori equivalent.

so my main concern is that there would be more encouragement to slug for 4k which I dont find fun on either side

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

Do we have any official word from BHVR on what the plan is? I know it is something they are still working on it, maybe I missed a firm statement, but we seem to be having a lot of conjecture when we aren't certain what the next try will look like.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

In the anniversary livestream it was stated to be a basekit yellow mori.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,664

Let's keep the discussion civil and constructive.

Thank you.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408

Yeah definitely not a fan of this. I don’t even understand the point of adding a basket yellow mori. Did they say what the thought process was?

• Toystory3Monkey

there was also that supposedly official email answer to the question about the system where it was said it's not affecting perks

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

They did but I dont remember what it was lol. It was maybe something about slugging?

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408

This seems like it’s not going to change anything about slugging tho. Knowing you have a finisher mori, you’re more like to slug so you can take out the third person and get value from your mori with the 4th person slugged

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

Yeah, I see that, but the way people talk about it is like there is something more to it.

Not sure on BHVR's reason, but the end of a game in a 4k is kind of boring. You want a game to end on a dramatic note, and picking up a survivor and then walking to a hook is a pretty boring last thirty seconds of a game.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

Does anybody actually want the finisher mori? I'm still confused why they are putting resources towards this when there are many other far more pressing things they should be working on

• Toystory3Monkey

i wouldnt mind it, but would prefer if they also did aforementioned necessary corresponding changes

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,568

I'm fine with basekit yellow Mori. But that's all I want.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

In the past, the devs have made contradictory comments regarding Moris.

I remember on one hand they said some people see Moris as toxic, so they want to make this better. Yet when they originally introduced the Endgame Mori, they said they wanted Moris to be seen more than just via an offering. They've been very confused over this rather simplistic idea.

If anything, all they need to do is make Cypress Mori basekit, then change the Cypress, Ebony and Ivory Mori Offerings to allow the Killer to make an extra 1/2/3 Moris in a trial. Any other change feels completely unnecessary to do.

The Mori is one of the few Offerings, other than BP Offerings, that are fine as is. They could change the Reagent, Blueprint Offerings! They could make Sacrificial Ward actually be useful! The Mori changes they want feels like wasted money and resources which could have been put towards much better ideas, such as reviewing all Offerings, Changing add-ons to be more inventive on Killers that need it, or even tweaking Exit Gates to make them fairer to both sides, than either too far a part for the Killer to have a chance, or top clpse that Survivors have little chance.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Yeah. I'd love to see moris be more common in general, but the first implementation wasn't good. I'm glad they're taking a new approach and I hope this time is a lot better.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

I’m not sure how they could make a ‘final chase’ more all or nothing for the last survivor(s) than it is now. But the finisher mori that’s coming is supposed to function like a yellow-cypress mori. Essentially the last survivor alive can be killed by mori once they’re down. Technically yes killers could, with this new system, slug three survivors then mori the fourth but they can do that now. The original finisher mori tested on the ptb different because let’s say a killer slugs 3 survivors then downs the 4th. Well, they would immediately enter the mori animation while the other three survivors were immediately sacrificed like if the egc timer ran out. I don’t think this new iteration will function quite like this.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584

There's a really simple fix to this if they wanna keep the Mori system as a basekit option: Allow the Killer one free Mori on anyone who is on Death Hook. That is, make the GREEN Mori basekit, not Cypress. Then rework all Moris to add an additional Mori to the basekit per offering - Yellow adds one (so 2 can die this way), Green adds two (three moris total), Iri adds three (everyone can be Mori'd). This would remove this scenario entirely.

Now, this might increase tunnelling for Moris, but since we have many perks that help against tunnelling this should be a non-issue. If it's really a problem, have this only activate on the last two Survivors remaining in the trial, and if there have been no gens progressed, then have the Mori be instant the second that one of the two is downed. This means ratting as a 2v1 is discouraged AND it means progressing the game.

Allowing the Killer the flexibility to just Mori one person they want who is on death hook means less slugging for a 4k, less 2v1 situations, etc. The only downside is a possible increase in tunnelling but like I said - we have things to deal with tunnelling. We don't have something to deal with these 2v1 hostage situations.

• Toystory3Monkey

considering that most anti tunnelling perks prevent survivor from going down in the first place, it won't be a big issue.

though I would make it so killer cant mori survivor unless they have overall achieved a bunch of hooks so you still dont get easy time achieving a kill in first 3 downs.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

They want to change the existing mori offerings into BP multiplicators, is my last update on this.. If im wrong, gladly i would like to see a statement where they paddled back from that horrible BP multiplicator idea.

• Caiman

Finally, a way to reward spreading hooks. Make it so that basekit Moris cannot be used until, let's say 4 hooks have been made. Maybe 5 if you want to be strict.

• Jim_Tonic

i can alredy tell you, that wouldnt be enough of an incentive.

• Caiman

There is nothing you can do to incentivize the hardcore tunnelers from not tunneling, unless that incentive means winning the game harder than tunneling does.

But for everyone else, any little thing helps.

• Toystory3Monkey

i suggest you abandon "all or nothing" mindset when it comes to issues like that.

• Jim_Tonic

thats not my mindset, but BHVR has trained their playerbase to give everything and to sweat. A simple animation wont simply do in order for people to play diffrently.

• Jim_Tonic

you say this as if BHVR themselves wouldnt encourage people to do so. By the very game design, tunneling is the most effective strategy. And it doesnt help that the killers get pressured into 4king either. Blame the designer, not the player.

• Toystory3Monkey

that is your mindset because you dismiss an objectively good idea that encourages people to play more fair by "that's not an enough incentive to stop tunnelling" truly an insightful criticism, yeah, people who want to tunnel won't ever abandon tunnelling unless you convince them not tunnelling is easier and more efficient strategy to win games. that's why unless we have a solution for that, we're not allowed to ask for or have nice things for people who already play more chill.

😒

• Jim_Tonic

Oh boy… Im not saying you are not allowed to ask for something. I am part of this community for 4 years now and i KNOW that you cant get rid of the tunneling meta so easyly.

I didnt say you have a bad idea, if it is about me? I care about tome challenges. If i need tunneling to get a 4k i will do that. But i will definitly also throw my games away only to get those shards that are speeding around the map. So dont make any assumptions about my mindset ever. My highest target is always the tome challenges, i would be quite fine with your suggestion, as i dont always tunnel anyway, only when its neccessary for my tome.
    But people that DO want to have 4k every round, those people will not stop tunneling because of an animation they have probably alredy seen dozen of times. This is what i believe whether you like it or not, no need to get so defensive over it.

If you are just about people that alredy are casual, fine. But that was not clear from your post so dont blame me for misinterpretation through text.

• Toystory3Monkey

please refer to my previous statements as my reply to this comment and all the further ones that repeat the same thesis that has nothing to do with the purpose of that suggestion, have a nice day.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited August 15

As a Ghostface Main I would absolutely reward myself spreading hooks out more by doing this, I love my murder selfies and Grim Embrace is one of my favorite perks. :)

That said, I don't think awarding BP for a Mori is a bad idea. But it can't JUST be that it multiplies BP per Mori. Let me Mori as many or however many people exactly as much as I want by bringing perks and offerings like Moris and Rancor.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,013

As comments once again became argumentative and uncivil, the thread will be locked here. Please remember when posting on the Forums to keep discussions, and disagreements, respectful and constructive. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.