The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

solo survivors should be able to spectate killer

I_Eat_Worms
I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

after a solo survivor dies or escapes they should be able to spectate the killer along with the other survivors, it would be pretty cool imo

Comments

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@I_Eat_Worms it’s funny that you should say that. There is a bug in the last patch that allows you to spectate the killer. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I mainly play solo and I disagree, spiteful people will spoil killer perks. I’ve had it happen before when they didn’t block perks.

• I_Eat_Worms

@Kaelum ik I just got the glitch and it was sick af

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

Nope. That could easily be abused. Also, I'm pretty sure the game doesn't differentiate between solo survivors and SWF once they've joined a lobby; that's why players have to re-invite their friends each time they play a match.

It would be awesome to be able to watch the match from the killer's perspective. I wish there was a way to view a replay of the match from the killer's perspective after the game ended or something, but it'll never be something that's allowed to happen while the game is still in session.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

• Die as Survivor
    • Invite all other Survivors as friends
    • Hope they'll accept
    • Tell them what Killer has
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Their system doesn't differentiate between solo and SWF so this would be impossible right now as once in a lobby/trial their game xan't tell who is solo and who is SWF. It's just 4 players to the computer.

• I_Eat_Worms

@Boss other people will but im a good person and would never do that

• Koriandr
    Koriandr Member Posts: 16

I wish I recorded it,but i swear when i died i was spectating a wraith from 3rd person pov when the last survivor just died.More than likely just a bug I found.

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122

"Hey guys, I'm a solo queue, let's go on Skype or discord and abuse all the communication exploits given to swf without being swf. And since I'm solo, I can tell you exactly what the noob killer is doing if I die"

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Survivors wouldn’t abuse this at all. I know as a killer on Xbox I’ve never seen solo players sabotage one another, ever. I’ve never received messages from solos angry at their teammates trying to sell out the other survivors.

So I don’t think salty solos would message other survivors or party chat with them and broadcast everything the killer has and is doing. No, never.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I ran distortion when it first came out. For like, 2 days whenever I'd lose a token I'd message my randoms and tell them if it was bbq/bitter. Usually couldnt add to messages, and I was told I'd be reported for cheating even though I used my perks to determine his perks.

But while it technically "is like swf but as a solo", it felt really scummy.

Either way, even as a solo, you can message and contact the other people, so visual cues and seeing the killers screen would be op. Almost cheating.

Like streamsniping almost. Oh, wait, they said that's acceptable....

Regardless, could be exploited easily.