Very bad performance issues after dracula patch

NerfDHalready
NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,732
edited August 27 in General Discussions

after today's patch it takes far longer to launch the game and my game froze in the match once so i got kicked. is anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 616

I also feel some performance issues like mini freezes and it does not work so smooth. I've even set my game from high to low quality but it changed nothing. I've never that these issues before.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 202

I'v had sort of the same thing, random frame drops and stuttering. Not that often but definitely more then before.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 389

Yes, but I have newer hardware so it's not too bad. But I definitely notice a difference compared to before the update. This happens with every single patch, so it's no surprise. It would just be nice if the devs could give us an explanation for why the performance tanks with every single patch.

On the positive side, at least no game-breaking bugs yet?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I play on a powerful PC and never experienced any lag before this update. Now it's freezing at times. It has to be because of the update, as no other game I play has this problem.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,856
    edited August 28

No performance issues, but load times starting up the game for the first time are noticeably longer, AND sometimes my GPU fans kick into overdrive when at the lobby waiting for the match to begin. They broke something.

RTX 4080 for what it's worth.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 460
    edited August 28

Yep. Been getting Stutters and frame drops, along with dsync where you just get rolled back to where you were several seconds ago. None of this was happining before the update.

Post edited by Turretcube on
  • MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,143

No issues here.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 146

I played one match on PS5 on Coldwind and had to switch my console off because I had a message pop up saying it was overheating. Never had this happen before on any game.

• Sphiggly
    Sphiggly Member Posts: 6

I have been having the same issues. My game takes well over 10 minutes to launch as compared to the previous patch that was maybe 1 minute. I often get stuck on black screens waiting for things to load and have done almost everything to fix this. Hopefully this is a known issue and they are able to fix this in a future patch because this is really bad. This was an issue for me on the PTB as well.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 348

!!!Please, if anyone has any idea could you help me out? Ever since I updated the game yesterday I haven’t been able to play. I get an “EAC is not installed” launch error that I have never gotten before. I’ve never uninstalled it in the first place. I’ve tried verifying/repairing my files, disabling my firewall, my graphics and windows is updated, I’ve restarted the computer multiple times. I asked a question about it in the ask the community tab but nothing, and I sent a support ticket to BHVR but nothing. I was so excited to play and I can’t even load the game anymore. Does anyone have an idea that could help me?

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,438

A fresh install might fix this if repairing didn't. Entity Speed, bro!

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Am here to confirm that I'm facing the same issue.

The game went from about 100 FPS to 30 - 40 FPS.. And with me being used to play at around 144 FPS due to my monitor's refresh rate, it doesn't feel all that worth to keep playing at all.. I'm not having fun, at least.

Hopefully, there'll be some news regarding that - Some explanation for why that is the case and some fix towards that.. Besides the obvious upgrading the hardware, which however is a very cheap explanation and even more expensive investment into the future gaming..

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Today after the update it took pretty long to start.

Also it stuck a few moments on black screen at 593 fps before the first menu loaded. (definitely new)

Only played three matches but they felt a bit more laggy than usual. All actions had some kind of little delay.

• HolyDarky

I wish the developers would response to us that they are aware of this issue because the game is miserable to play with the fps drops and little freezes. Everything feels so awful and this is so sad because the update is so nice with Dracula, Trevor, and all the buffed killers and perks.

• heiko__1983
    heiko__1983 Member Posts: 1

I've had the same problem since the patch

Everything takes so long and it stutters like crazy. Before the patch everything was fine but now it's unplayable!!

I hope there will be a patch soon that fixes it.

But maybe it's because of the new Intel XESS that came in

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

I noticed this too. The game sometimes gets this freezes during which it sorta "catches up" and then speeds of for a split second. Luckily it isn't happening in-trial for me, but its happening at the start of the game, during the titel screen and especially during the queing up part, when your character if just chilling.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,142

The fps on Switch has taken a nosedive. It not only feels bad in general, but it makes skill checks a lot more difficult.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 348

I tried it :( unfortunately it didn’t work. I’m really so devastated.

• lykathelonewolf
    lykathelonewolf Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Yeah same thing

• HolyDarky

I uninstalled and reinstalled my game and it seems like my fps drops and every other issues are gone now. I played three matches with different killers on my normal setting and everything worked and seems to be good again. Maybe this will help you too

• Memesis
    Memesis Member Posts: 164

Rtx 3080, no issues there or on PS5 or the Series X. Except for the console exclusive input lag on skill checks. That's never getting fixed I feel

• DraculaNeeds2BeOP
    DraculaNeeds2BeOP Member Posts: 8

I think it’s because Behaviour are finally updating their anti cheat and antihacking measures and anti third party software hacking etc that’s why the game takes longer to launch.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

Yeah something is definitely off. My character feels SO HEAVY I don't know how to explain it..

1. The FPS seems slightly worse.
    2. Game takes forever to launch.
    3. Characters feel heavy, laggy or sluggish.

• HexSoloQ
    HexSoloQ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

For me the first game after I start the game, is suoer laggy at the beginning. If the killer finds me within the first minute he gets a free down. For the games after that everything seems fine though.

• Bloodwebs

this is the exact same experience I’m facing. Had to jump off the game for a bit..

• Bloodwebs

FYI - also want to clarify this is not a wifi issue too.

• Neprašheart

I am reporting back here..

That the issue has resolved itself on its own?
    I don't know how, why, or what.. But it's no longer present, yay!

Back to The Fog I go!

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 683

Massive GPU usage that means I have had to completely rejigger OBS to even capture footage and I am forced to play on Low if I want to record. Random crashes multiple times. Slow startup and loading time when the game is launched.

They need to reoptimize the graphical use again.

Oh and Bots are somehow revealing Ghostface from well across the maps again, and have even better wallhacks than before, and are ignoring Undetectable.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 992

I’ve had awful frame rates inside on Series X for quite some time now.

• kingocrimson
    kingocrimson Member Posts: 5

Rubber banding has become a real issue. In many games, I will be teleported back into a previous position or just a random position close to my path which throws off looping making it unplayable on Survivor and annoying on Killer. This is not a ping issue; I have checked my ping while it occurs and it's almost always stable. I do not know if this is due to certain structures or if the game has server issues but I desperately need an update on this.

• Neprašheart
    edited September 4

And, yet another report of mine.

The beginning of the game was all fine, good.. But as the match kept going on, I have started to lose FPS; At first, the loss was about 10 - 20 FPS, so no biggie.. But then it turned out into a loss of over 80 FPS, at which point I was back to playing at 20 FPS like years ago.

I don't know what has been done during this update, but it's making a mess for me.

**Doesn't seem to be happening every single game.. Just once in a while, where and when that stuttering even results in some huge performances issues, making survivors and myself teleport from one place to another. The teleporting issue, dunno how do people call it, is rare and doesn't happen to me all that much as I experienced it for the very first time in years a few hours ago, but the performance drops.. They've become the thing ever since the update, so something musta have changed..

Post edited by Neprašheart on