The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are you enjoying the lack of fog?

Sngfun
Sngfun Member Posts: 218

I mean while I love the change, I don't know if it should stay… for as long as scratchmarks are bugged though!(scratchmarks haven't changed since last patch)

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

it ruins the atmosphere of the maps honestly I find it very jarring to basically see the other end of the map from the other end

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,262

I am loving it. Makes the maps look nice and clear. Hated the haziness,

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,157

No, if you look at some of the old maps, they had atmosphere and immersion. A lot more fog too.

Most maps are incredibly washed out in color and have almost no fog. And most people don't even run the offering for more fog. Wish it'd be reverted.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,568

It looks awful without the fog.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,834

No, they need to bring back the fog.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

The game looks better without it, but the worst is that blurry graphic effect in-game. I just can't stand it

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130
    edited August 28

Fog and particle effects need serious work in this game. I prefer maps with less fog and smoke and fire and dust particles because then the game performs better. I can play the game like someone with more than an hour's playtime when I can actually hear it, and I can't hear it when the PS4 fans are going at jet-engine speeds unless I turn my headphones up to ear-bleeding volumes.

BHVR needs to either tone down all their silly atmospheric VFX or they need to add a separate setting beyond simply "Graphics quality" and let people choose "VFX quality" (other games do it, and it's freaking fantastic). Less fog is a start, but it's not nearly enough.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

that looks terrible.

fog concealed bad graphics and made the maps atmospheric. now it all looks naked and you can see how bad it is way easier

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,750

More fog pls

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

Yes. The less smog the better.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I don't have a problem with both, I love seeing more but it wasn't too bad with fog ether. If I could change something with the grafics I'd like that auras priotize over hook-bubbles, it's so annoying to not see anything for it feels like 10 seconds (well I guess that's more gameplaywise than grafic) xD

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

The Fog is one of DBD's most recurring characteristics. I've seen a lot of people saying the most recent licences are killing the games identity, but I'd argue changes like this are far worse. It just doesn't feel the same without it.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 663

All it does is make the game harder for Stealth Killers, and look bad to boot. Bring the Fog back.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I want more fog and also darker maps :) Imo the coldwindfarm maps for example miss the mark when it comes to horror :(

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

It took me way too long to work out what was different about the maps 😅