The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone dusting off their neglected killers?

LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,278

I like to cycle between about half the killer roster and at this point, I don't consider any killer my "main" anymore. That being the case... there's definitely alot of killers that I hit prestige 3 and basically ignore after only playing them a handful of times. I went ahead and played afew games of Singularity afew weeks ago to some much better results than my original playthrough of him (don't get me wrong, I still suck as him, lol).

Tonight I tried dusting off Dredge and... so far I'm loving it. It's alot of fun. MAYBE I'll try Knight soon... maybe... ANYWAY, has anyone else experienced this where you go back and retry a killer you completely neglected? I'm not talking about a Doctor main who is enjoying his minor buff, but rather people who found a new enjoyment playing Nemesis or something.

Sidenote... Gearhead is pretty awesome on Dredge. It burns through distortion stacks fast and lets ya play hit and run if you want.

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707
    edited August 30

Billy is the biggest one for me. Back when I first started the game in 2018, I tried Billy but hated him. I tried him again with the first rework and still hated him. This last rework I gave him another go and fell in love and now he's one of the killers I play most.

I've recently been trying to add a new killer or two to my play roster every couple months or so. Recently I've been messing around with Spirit. I'm god awful when it comes to tracking sounds but it has been pretty fun.

I might get back into playing Nemesis again as well. I used to play him all the time but kind of fell off. With the buffs I'm looking forward to messing around with him once more to see if I can reignite the passion I used to have with him.

It happens a lot where I just kind of lose interest in a killer. Demo, Oni, Myers and Doctor I also used to love but they just fell off for me. I might give them a go in the future though.

• CodesterKing
    CodesterKing Member Posts: 14

All the time. Even though I main Unknown and Vecna, ive been absolutely loving the changes they're doing to some of the weaker killers. I've also been playing a lot of dredge, same with knight and nemmy due to the updates. Hard killers like Singularity and Billy also got buffed, so they feel a lot less punishing to play now, so I'm enjoying them more because of it. Definitely love the direction devs are going with these killer updates, I really hope they keep it up.

Unrelated to recent buffs, spirit and pinhead have also been really fun for me lately. And oddly enough… clown? I always found clown to be meh to play, but I decided to try him for a couple games again and had a lot of fun, surprisingly.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I don't really have mains anymore. I play every killer from time to time….some more some less ( almost never SM, Twins and Knight)

For some reason Deathslinger is kinda fun for me atm :)

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

I started playing trapper again after a long break.

I wanted to try out hubris, enduring and spirit fury on him. Having a blast atm, it's kinda fun watching survivors panic and predropp every pallet in range when they realize what perks I'm running. 😅

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

this happens when i play a killer for a challenge or daily. they feel like they are newly released killers lol. the only exception is blight, i'll be done with the daily and never touch that killer ever again.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 478

Nope- Not at all for me lol. Spirit and Blight have been sitting back of the closet of killers I don't play collecting dust for the past year. Bought them, played them both for a day each, never touched them again.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited August 30

I tried out the Dredge again, but I think I borked my MMR. First game with him in months and I got a 4K, absence-volatile MMR being what it is, every single game since has been top tier sweaty SWFs.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,278

I've never really played him except for maybe 2 games, so... I've been destroying alot of times. Peanits says it'll probably take afew days for my MMR to be where it should be.