The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question about Taste the Darkness

TheArbiter
TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480
edited August 27 in General Discussions

Will this count if I damage a survivor vaulting, or does it have to

be a grab. If it has to be grab this is gonna be really really annoying to get

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

I was wondering the same thing. Its rare to get a booty grab when they're vaulting.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

Yeah it isn't the type of achievement you can grind out in one match, which is a good thing, but there is a fine balance between fun to get and irritating to get

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Pretty sure it's vault grabs, which, given the constant registration issues with grabs, ought to be easy to grind out in only about 300 matches.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 29

Yikes... this one is gonna be rough... weird to release this with Dracula... his whole kit is designed to hit survivors in animation lock, bait them into not taking the vault for an m1, cutting off survivors from even getting to loops, hail marying with the wolf for a hit as they vault... his entire playstyle is the opposite of catching grabs...

Maybe I should play Clown or Skull Merchant to keep giving me those slow vaults... 🤔

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I'm pretty sure you don't need a grab since I already got the achievment and I did not grab a single survivor in the last 20 games

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 30

I got a team that quit almost immediately just now, so I couldn't be bothered to play it out and signalled at windows for their help in testing, and after a fair bit of different attempts, I can confirm it is indeed grabs and only grabs needed for this one, at least on PS5.

Guess it's a Clown or Skull Merchant challenge 😅

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Finally got this done after way too many times when I should have grabbed them on a vault but the game said instead "NO, YOU HIT THEM SO HARD THEY EXPLODED!"

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

it's grabs, got the achievement after getting the last grab.

it's one of the achievements you get over time but if you want to rush it just play clown as he forces mid vaults. you should be patient and not swing every time, that's a "mistake" i always do.

you can also play vecna, survivors have an irresistable addiction to crouch against him. you can fire skulls at a far window, they will crouch and likely mid vault it, you can then get the grab most of the time.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 186

Grabs.
    I still need 2.
    Only trophy/achievement/whatever I'm missing.