Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

ChatGPT and DbD

Someone on the subreddit for DbD asked ChatGPT to roast us and this was the result

I think that's one of the funniest posts I've ever read especially since an AI came up with it. If you want to find the OP it's on Reddit in the DbD subreddit

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

why is it so crunchy tho

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,964
    edited August 30

Well... there's about 5 or 6 really good points there I can't really refute... 😅

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 30

That burn is gonna need some ice

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Damn, I will have to play burned Huntress skin today...

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I love working with ChatGPT. One of my obsessions of late has been to create funny and interesting scenarios for my tabletop games with its help. I made a Shadowrun mini-arc that featured Carmina, so if anyone of your plays the game, please give it a try and enjoy :)

Campaign Title: Crows of Vengeance

Campaign Overview:

The runners are hired by Carmina Mora, a mysterious and enigmatic figure known in the shadows as "The Artist." She seeks their help in bringing down a powerful and corrupt official who has eluded justice for years. Carmina's motivations seem purely vengeful, but she offers the runners a series of magical paintings that can give them an edge against their targets. As the runners carry out her missions, they begin to uncover the depth of her hatred and the true nature of her powers. The campaign culminates in a tragic betrayal and a final confrontation with Carmina, who returns as a vengeful free spirit.

Act 1: The Artist's Commission

1. The Initial Meeting

• Scene: The runners are contacted by a fixer to meet with "The Artist" in a dimly lit, art-filled loft in the heart of the city. Carmina is a woman of few words, her presence commanding yet tinged with sorrow. She explains that she wants to take down a corrupt official who has caused untold suffering, and she needs the runners to do it.
    • Hook: Carmina reveals that she has created magical paintings of the official and his associates. These paintings can be used to influence the targets or give the runners key advantages during their missions—such as causing the target to hesitate at a crucial moment or making them more susceptible to deception.

2. The First Run

• Objective: The runners' first mission is to take down a lower-level associate of the official—a crime boss deeply involved in human trafficking. Carmina provides a painting of the crime boss, which, when used, causes him to be wracked with guilt, making it easier for the runners to extract information from him.
    • Complications: The runners discover hints that Carmina's hatred is deeply personal, but she avoids giving any details. They also notice the paintings exude a faint but ominous aura, suggesting something darker at play.

Act 2: Unveiling the Darkness

3. The Second Run

• Objective: The runners are tasked with sabotaging a lucrative deal between the corrupt official and a megacorp. Carmina’s painting of the megacorp executive creates an air of distrust, causing negotiations to fall apart.
    • Twist: During the mission, the runners find evidence that Carmina’s brother was killed by the official’s orders, which fueled her desire for revenge. They also begin to sense that the paintings might be affecting them as well—small hallucinations or unsettling dreams start to plague the team.

4. The Revelation

• Scene: As the runners prepare for the final mission, they are ambushed by a hit team sent by the corrupt official, who has grown suspicious. They barely survive the attack, but when they return to Carmina’s loft, they find it ransacked. Carmina has been brutally attacked—her hands severed, her paintings destroyed, and her blood smeared across the canvases. Crows gather ominously outside the building, picking at Carmina’s discarded hands.
    • Clue: The runners find a cryptic message left by Carmina, indicating that she will have her revenge one way or another. The official’s location for the final hit is revealed, but the runners are left to process the horror of what’s happened.

Act 3: The Vengeful Spirit

5. The Final Run

• Objective: The runners infiltrate the official’s stronghold, prepared to finish the job. However, Carmina's spirit now haunts the location, and the crows begin to behave strangely—gathering in great numbers and attacking anyone who comes near.
    • Moral Dilemma: The runners must decide whether to kill the official themselves or leave him to Carmina’s wrath. Either choice will have consequences.

6. The Boss Battle

• Scene: Regardless of the runners’ choice, Carmina manifests as a vengeful free spirit, her inky hands dripping with dark energy, and crows swirling around her. She accuses the runners of either robbing her of her vengeance or abandoning her in her time of need.
    • Battle: The fight is brutal and surreal, with Carmina using her powers to summon crows, trap the runners in inky shadows, and manipulate the environment. The runners must use their wits and skills to survive this encounter.
    • Ending: If the runners defeat Carmina, her spirit dissipates, leaving behind a final, haunting painting of the scene. If the runners are defeated, they become part of Carmina's final artwork—a grim reminder of the price of vengeance.

Epilogue: The Aftermath

• Reflection: The runners are left to reflect on the choices they made and the nature of vengeance. The world moves on, but the story of Carmina Mora, The Artist, becomes a whispered legend in the shadows—her spirit lingering, waiting for the next opportunity to strike.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Yeah! With a little work and finetuning that would be a really fun one. I always thought that Carmina would work pretty good, because she could start as an allied, sympathetic character, but then get her hands chopped off and come back in her vengeful form.