The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Alucard" could also have been a costume for a killer, I think.

hygcat
hygcat Member Posts: 56

Alucard's costume looks very unique and stunning, we could say it's the most beautiful silhouette of a vampire. I don't know much about the character's story, but since he is the half-vampire son of Dracula, I would have preferred it to be a costume for a killer rather than a victim.What do you think? Would you like to see Alucard as a killer?

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

I was genuinely surprised by this, too. Of course, Alucard was always the hero and playable character and Draculas wayward son, but making him a survivor in this game just feels wrong, would have more liked it if it was something like "The Enteties has its ways to corrupt everyone." or "A pious life fighting against the Darkness is no shield against your own corrupted blood … The Entity will see to that" and boom, done.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 169

Idk if Trapper who's literally just a guy can defy the entity for ages who knows how long Alucard would have been able to do it for. From a lore perspective I get why just taking all of Alucard's powers and throwing them in with the rest of the survivors was easier for the entity to do.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

I wouldn't apply logic to this one. The Entity has no fast and hard rules regaring its influence, some, like Trapper, have resisted for years, others, like Artist, who just got a tragic death, or Rin, just a regular school girl, succumbed to her influence just like that.

Pinhead and Vecna are both extremely powerful, as is Dracula or even Sadako, and they all succumbed to The Entities power. So if we need Alucard to give in to his darkside, so that we can have a proper skin for Dracula, so be it.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

Alucard being a killer is dumb if you know the story. He takes after his human mother and her love of humans which is why he defies his father and tries/succeeds in killing him. Thank god bhvr paid attention to the lore and didn't try to do something like suggested here.

• RoastedGarlic

or like making lara croft a killer because she kills people in her games.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

I honestly wish they held Alucard back for a sequel chapter. Death as killer, an actual map, and Alucard as the new survivor with some vamp perks? I'd be so down. As of right now, it's kinda lame that the strongest survivor in the realm (I know Alan, Cheryl, Ash, are stronger but they're still just people) gets absolutely no perks when he's quite literally one of if not the only vampire survivor we'll ever get.

As for whether Alucard should've been a killer, it's just not who he is. Yes, the Entity corrupts it denizens and can force them into servitude, but given that this is a licensed chapter, it's better to keep characters as close to their original counterparts as possible, and Alucard is a hero through and through, protecting the innocent and managing to assist in stopping Dracula more than any other character in the series. It's more important that we get his personality than his powers imo, so his role as a survivor makes sense.

• RoastedGarlic

I wish we got netflix's trevor and sypha as legendaries.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

I think it makes sense for him to be survivor… I already made him my second main :D

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 316

Alucard as a surv simply makes considerably more sense.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

I'm holding out hope it'll happen sometime down the pipeline. It doesn't seem like Netflix and Bhvr have the best relationship right now, with basically every license going on sale except Stranger Things, but who knows? I'd buy a Netflix Trevor skin in a heartbeat, doubly so if it changed his VA