The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove hatch already

Too many braindead squatters wasting all the free reign to do gens given to them.

And yes, I WILL struggle on the hook. No matter how much you teabag and point at me. I hope I'm giving the killer enough time to come get your useless ass.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

No.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

Hatch exists to prevent the final survivor from being a dick and take the game hostage. It sucks, and i think there should be another way about this, but until such alternative is implemented, the hatch cannot be removed.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Hatch is fine the way it is.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited March 2019

It's a way to prevent the last survivor from hiding for 45+ mins because they refuse to work on a gen alone and get caught, and want to hold the game.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

That is what i just said. But i would argue that some sort of sudden death would be a better idea, instead of rewarding the survivor a win, just so that he won't be a douche.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Existance of hatch is ok. Standoffs are not.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

hatch is not fine the way it is lol. Killers should be able to close it and take control over it, not the other way around...

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

It's a perfectly valid (and fun) strategy to let your sorry loser survivor fellows busy themselves repairing gens and distracting the killer, then let them die, then slip out through the hatch.

As they say: a smart man carries the burden fate placed on his shoulders. A wise man makes others carry it for him.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Not a fan of the hatch from EITHER perspective.

People escaping me with keys feels beyond cheap. The fact I need to "slug" to 4k is lame. The fact people give up and start playing the waiting game with eachother is boring as hell and extends matches by insane lengths at times.

Same thing from survivor perspective. Totally winnable scenario becomes unwinnable because someone wants to hatch instead of help finish the gens.

Its fun to walk in a circle in some distant corner? Mk.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

It's annoying when you're left on a hook because somebody is just waiting for you to die to get the hatch, but that's just how the game is. Not everybody plays altruistic and not knowing how your team is going to play is part of the fun I suppose. If they removed the hatch, they'd have to start putting a time limit on matches but then this would just become another Friday the 13th. The hatch has to stay to give that last survivor a way out. Otherwise matches could last hours depending on how stealthy / stubborn that last survivor was.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Hatch should respawn at start with the survs

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

There are ways that you can win the hatch standoff as the killer. However, before you can win the hatch standoff, you need to make sure that the survivor is either injured or exposed. Once this condition is met, stand behind of the survivor and down them.

When you down a survivor with a attack behind them, they are stuck in a long falling and recovery animation in which they cannot do anything until it ends. You, as the killer, have just enough time to pick up the survivor if you are fast enough.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

That's only possible with Save the Best for Last...

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

That's only possible with Save the Best for Last...

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

We know an endgame rework is in progress, but I do think it would be interesting to remove hatch for the time being. Take the easy way out away so the deadbeats have to put in some work and we can see where the actual success rates for team escapes sit without the knowledge that they only have to outlive the team with bare minimum gen progress.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

The hatch is not a real escape.

It's something to comfort survivors who have lost the game.

There is nothing however to comfort killers which already lost the game.

It shouldn't be there or reworked, so the killer has a higher chance of winning the hatch game which is not the case.

You basically doesn't even stand a chance currently to win it against people knowing how to play.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It is still a loss since only one survivor got out.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Hatch is fine right now.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The hatch is fine. It makes sense from a lore perspective. It does need a rework to make it a bit more interactive and fair to the killer.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

There should be a perk to help with hatch situations. NOED is a perk which is used if you expect an endgame scenario. There should be a perk which is to prepare for a hatch scenario.

A perk idea I thought of was to block the hatch for 40/50/60 seconds after it is activated. The survivors aura will also be shown for 3 seconds once the hatch activates.

This would give killers time to catch and kill the survivor while also making the survivor earn the escape.

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2019

Yes and SWF was NOT meant to be in the game, yet here we are.

That isn't a valid argument, intended game mechanics and game mechanics that are actually in the game are rarely kept

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

That's patently untrue as swf was always intended to be in the game, it just didn't make it in time for release and it's voice comms that's the issue not swf.

You want the hatch removed then you'd better be prepared to lose all detection perks/addons like BBQ/Whispers/Spies/All Seeing Eye etc.

Then get prepared for a 45+ minute game of hide and seek because no one is going to work on a gen because it's certain death. If the killers a complete idiot it can be done but any killer with half a brain will get that last person.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Hatch needs no changes. Leave it be.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

If you and I are the only ones alive, and more than 1 generator has to be done, there is literally no point in saving off the hook.

I kill myself if I am on the hook and another is on hatch, regardless of whether I know them or not. I only struggle when they were actually a horrible teammate to me. (Sandbagging, wasting shack pallet or cow tree pallet, trying to rat me out to the killer etc.)

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

fine have the hatch but when the 2nd to last survivor dies on the hook, the last survivors aura is revealed to the killer at all times. So it's actually intense end game not ######### urban immersion in the dark and stupid things like that!

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

A hatch is okay, a standoff is not at all fun, to stop people from using hatch, use a body blocking hag or Trapper on the killer's side and for survivor? Deal with it.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

:(

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Just slug the 3rd person forehead 🤮

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Oh good grief, you're not entitled to a free kill, go frigging find them, if they're immersed play Wraith, Play Amanda, Trapper, Freddy, Spirit etc. You want exciting then go HUNT THEM DOWN, stop whining for a free finding tool.

If you ant things for free go play Hello Kitty or play a farming simulator where you won't be challenged.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Usually I kill myself on hook when the last person alive is someone who actually did something during the trial. If they did nothing but rushed hooks I'll struggle too. Hatch is an okay mechanic but the ability to close the hatch would have been fun to have in the game, too bad it did not get added. As a survivor it makes it much more challenging instead of just walking around trying to hear the hatch and then do a hatch stand-off.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

If they allowed Killer to close the hatch again it would be fine.