The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A killer you'd love to play but can't?

As the title states, I'm asking for everyone's favorite killer that they simply can't play. To elaborate, you love the aesthetic, the premis behind their power and every animation they have. They are your ideal killer that is just so freaking awesome!

But...their gameplay sucks or they're boring. Maybe they're mechanically unappealing or too difficult to learn. You know that if you go into a game, it's going to suck and you'll probably lose regardless of what perks and add-ons you may have.

For me, it's Trickster. I love him aesthetically and I adore his animations, especially his reload animation. However, I hate playing him. Not because he's weak, but because it just doesn't feel good to play him. I P3 Trickster at launch, and everytime I get the itch to play him, I have to turn myself down because I'll regret it later.

Comments

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

Nurse

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736
    edited September 3

Freddy in terms of how weak and uninteresting he is atm, however in lore and films he is very strong. Think about it, he has ability to do whatever he wants in dreams of his victims, he can pretty much make you imagine big shark with chainsaws around and you suddenly be locked in water pool with that thing while he would be laughing from distance on you.

Meanwhile in the game, his power is a joke. Worst killer in the game imo. Even Trapper has bit more going on for him than Freddy. All he does is small pool of blood that's half time harmless and doesn't do much and teleport that gets nerfed with every gen done. Fake pallets that are just troll fun power but it has no use for any decent Survivor team.

In films and lore he is treat and big enemy that is no joke and strong. In DbD, he is a boring joke.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Probably Spirit. I can't because I have bad hearing (runs in my family) and bad ears (prone to infection, etc - currently have a perforated ear drum after a week of daily headphone use on my treadmill a few weeks back). So yeah, I know she performs best with headphones so she's not a killer for me unfortunately.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

Pyramid Head.

After they made him clunky, I physically cringe playing him. Never abused his power for zoning so I couldnt care less if they made the cancel even longer, but the initial long m2 is what killed him for me.

Anytime I try to get into playing him, I alt f4 the game halfway through half of the matches because playing him physically pains me and I forget about that every time.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,989

I'm mechanically garbage with oni but i love running around the map cosplaying the colossal titan.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 181

Spirit. I even use headphones and still can't always tell where people are.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 242

Nurse Blight Singularity and Xeno

I suck at the first 3 and controller on Xeno is awful

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183
    edited September 3

Deathslinger. He's just so terrible at the moment. Easy to prerun from, and incredibly time inefficient.

They should reduce his TR back to 24m, and his ADS speed from 0.4/0.6s to 0.2/0.8s. That way he still has his quick draw but can't spam fake like before.

Oh yeah, also Freddy, I'm still upset about the rework even after all these years.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

Spirit

But Im too damn busy listening to the most absurd music my friends put on the music bot as they talk about made up stories, like how the grapes almost took over.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

Probably Clown and Dredge. Both are fun killers to play and both have amazing aesthetic, but really weak even after buffs. One match on map without lockers and I don't play Dredge for weeks, because of how exhausted you with this one match. One match against predrop swf as Clown and you understand that Clown is only pub stomper.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308
    edited September 3

Oni. I recently switched to PC from console, so I hope I can git gud with him by 2025.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

huntress but i simply suck as her and can never get any better it feels like.

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 139

Currently Dracula, his power is so fun to use

But what keeps me from wanting to continue playing more is mostly from his bat form as it's one of my favorite form to use, but it is very limiting to use, low range teleport, can't see survivors, quite long cool down to get out of bat form during chase

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Clown lol. Sorry I'm just really bad with him.

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 51

Slinger, he is just so easy to loop make him 4.6ms like trickster

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 449

I would like to be better at nurse but the looking down stuff after blinks makes me dizzy

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 955
    edited September 4

The Blight

I had a lot of fun with him when he first released, but then I played him less and less over time, and when I tried to go back to playing him, not only I was out of pratice, but his colision had changed as well AND SBMM had been recently introduced, so it fell awful. His collision is better since hug tech got removed, which made things a little better for me, but still, I'm not very good with him and wish I could have as much fun as I once had.

There's also Pinhead. I loved him when he got released, his animations, his voicelines, his power that felt fresh and new… but damn, his chains are quite hard to control and sometimes you hit and they still break instantly. I know how threatening a skilled cenobite player is, but everytime I play him, regardless of how many matches I win, I feel I'm just scratching the surface of his potential and missing way more chain atempts that I should, that makes me quite frustrated.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 663

Knight. Cool aesthetic, looks interesting, really nifty cosmetics, awesome power idea.

I absolutely hate playing as him with a burning passion.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

The "good headphones = free wins" on Spirit is a complete myth. There's no sound sound settings or headphones in existence which let you hear extra of what other players are hearing. So yeah, because the game's sounds are so bad, and they brought old Iron Will back, you're playing a supposedly S tier killer, to the effect of a D tier.

• danielmaster87

Deathslinger. I mean, I do play him but basically can't use his gun, because of his garbage nerf from way back. With instascope, you got rewarded for good aim and reactions, even though you were still weaker than Huntress. Now, his entire game plan is baiting with his gun and almost never using it, because his rice-grain sized hitbox refuses to connect with them, even when you lead with your shots. Typical ranged killer in DBD who gets countered by survivors twitching left or right for a complete miss.

• danielmaster87

Watch in amazement as a survivor loops one of your guards around 1 window for like 45 seconds.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

SSpirit's Biggest counter is her own dang chase music lol. At this point I just play around the grass

• ZombieHChrist
    ZombieHChrist Member Posts: 23

Nurse, too difficult and cooldown is the worse, she might be different these days. Spirit too i suppose going invisible and sound playing it. Music never stops when I am Killing, i commonly have no sound when playing, i am just a baby in certain many aspects of DBD, give me that good Chainsaw tho. i can do many m1 killers fairly btw. gunslinger has a learning curve, its not like a cod game.

Nurse and Spirit.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,750
    edited September 4

Oni.

Too lazy to edit mouse DPI.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159

unknown

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Blight, but sliding only once from a surface I planned on bumping on makes me want to destroy my PC.. so I don't play him.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

Tofu's video single-handedly killed any enjoyment I would get out of knight. It is so easy to abuse how stupid the guards are.

The bug where you can hear Knight's footsteps while drawing a path means survivors pre run before you even spawn them, so map of the realm is once again a must have addon to prevent this.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 346

pinhead

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Artist - I love ravens, and crows are close cousins. But trying to play Artist just feels so clunky that I just don't want to bother.

Huntress - The first Killer I ever played back in 2018, and now I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Blight - I used to like this Killer. And then I took a small break, and when I came back to him, everything changed. As someone who vehemently REFUSED to learn a blatant exploit hug tech, the inconsistency of when I would bump and when I would suddenly start sliding made any time I played him the most miserable match possible. And no, the collision changes DID NOT help, he is still a clunky, slidey mess that somehow managed to overthrow Singularity as my least favorite Killer.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Trickster

Love his look, like his lore, love the Jojo reference that is his power

The nerfs he got in his most recent touch up that made his power almost useless at 90% of loops and just made him a 115% Man with Baseball Bat make me depressed

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,261

Nurse. I can’t handle her fatigue state. Loss of camera control along with the screen darkening causing me pain 😭.