The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anybody else's game choking since Castlevania?

Venusa
Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

Is anybody else's game choking since the Castlevania update? The issue was also present during PTB but I didn't report on it expecting it would be fixed.

The loading of the game takes way longer. Especially the Initializing Shaders process. Once I'm in lobby the in-game models and images appear muddy and take longer to load. There are also unusual stutters during gameplay.

Am I alone in this or is anybody else having the same problem?

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183
    edited September 1

Not personally but I've heard a few people I play with suffering from these kinds of issues, so it's not just you.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Nope, but I have strong PC so even if the update did get worse performance I didnt notice it, so I am not the right judge to say if it got worse or not.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

I noticed a lot of stutters lately, especially from when some visual SFX are happening like gen getting regressed, singularity teleporting, billy entering overdrive etc.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

The loadup screen stutters and lags a lot. In-game it isn't any worse, but before I can see my killer for the first time, its kinda hell.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

I haven't noticed anything personally but its DBD so I'm not surprised. I'm gonna ask the obvious question here and assume you ARE on an ssd and not a hard drive?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Not sure why shaders are compiling every time on start up. All 16 processor threads are maxing out on my rig

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

my game literally takes 10 minutes to launch. i have a low end old pc but it's never been this bad.

• Venusa

It still takes ages to start up and the textures load slow until I play a couple of games. Same problem for my friend ever since Castlevania. 😕

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Some here, the game takes pretty long to start up and during the first couple of minutes I am plaguedby slowdowns and lags and even the character models oy load in slowly and sluggishly.

After I wait for a while in the menues or after the first match it gets better, but it's still a slog and 100% started after the Castle Castlevania update. At first I thought that I had too many taps open (always true for me), but that wasn't the problem.

• Venusa

Hi Akuma! Hope you've been well.

Yes, it's the same. I can visually see my game choking on start up and it lags so much. Once I'm in lobby textures take some time to load and the game freezes when selecting different models but after playing some games it's back to "normal".