I think the new pipping system is great

edogast
edogast Member Posts: 148

all the time I see these killers, trying to end the game as fast as possible, and it's just not fun. It's great that they're being punished for fast games, why not chase survivors some more? why not kick down some more generators, break some more pallets?

Instead of letting the survivors all die with less than 10k bloodpoints and games that lasts literally 5 minutes you know?

I'm looking at you Billy

Comments

• Letroni
    Letroni Member Posts: 18

Killers don't have to play 'fun' with survivors that can' t play for #########.

You think its okay for killers that can 4k survivors at 5 gens to depip?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

According to forum threads, survivors are suiciding on hooks en masse. But sure, the killers are doing it.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I guess somebody just had a bad game.

• Letroni

And why do you think so? You mentioned billy at the end but billy can be looped for sure. His chainsaw is dodgeable unlike nurse. Maybe survivors can learn to actually play the game?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

But how will they learn if they constantly DC and suicide on the hook?

• edogast
    edogast Member Posts: 148

rolls eyes, sure, you can just LOOP them, not like Billy can just walk up to you, charge his chainsaw and down you instantly

• Letroni

So what is wrong? Killers dont have to play "bad" to satisfy ######### survivors

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@edogast There's not many games out there that's going out of their way to PUNISH players for doing well.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

"I'm looking at you Billy"

Would have been better to just nerf this cheap p.o.s but as always everything else needs to change so Billy can stay as he is.

• Letroni

Exactly. Even Survivors who can take the agro for a good amount of time either safety pips or even depips.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2019

That applies to survivors as well, many times they just repair the gens as fast as possible and get out. Short matches are a problem for everyone.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Many in this community have long said rank does not matter and it is too easy to rank up.

Let us give it a chance and see if we can make this system work in our favor.

I personally only want bloodpoints, so as long as I am earning a decent amount each match I am happy.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Ok I with you on this but then again why they need to punish the good killers and survivors ?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019

This^

And also the rank doesn't matter argument means those players who play for kills and quickly will end up playing in the green/purple ranks, if they don't care about ranks then they won't care if they lose a pip or black pip.

The issue was never the ranking system itself it was the match making using the ranking system.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@ColonGlock I'm with you. I'm ok with how the rank system works now. Users are getting what they asked for. Give it a try for a season or 2. As long as we continue to receive no rank reward who cares what rank you are.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

I really liking the new system but i don't like how survivors and killers are punished if those are not met.

1. End chase quick as killer
    2. protect the first gen as long as possible up to 9min you earn points every minute
    3. do not hook at least 10 times

The second and third one is nightmare against SwF because the first to third gen are quickly done without ruin, and the 10 hook is two people killed and two hooks we all know were the actual bring us too.

Survivors

1. Loop killers for a long time
    2. rush gen
    3. don't get downed and rescue a lot of ally in the hook.
    4. have to do a lot of coop

even those if you don't get at least 3 iridecent you won't pip at red rank.

The new system is right about one thing if you are good then red ranks requirement is right but you can't be a god in every game.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    edited March 2019

I like the new system. Yes depipping sux buuuuut... It punishes bad survivors much much more! Farming survs, not saving on hook, hiding staying in lockers, toxic bullying the killer, they give you nada, zip, zero, zilch.

The change in how survivors play is 180. Now folks go after those on hook safely. They don't waste time click clicking that darn flashlight. There is much more team play because of the new system.

However, I see camping and tunneling A LOT more. Now, this is countered, properly imo, with gen rushing and then saving and exiting the gates asap. This goes for tunneling too!

The caveat is in both cases the survivor depips'. This to me is acceptable, not my favorite thing, you usually still get saved or they try.

When tunneling and gens are done 2 go for the gates and the other surv comes to help eleviate the burden. This gives both killer AND survivor a chance.

Is it perfect? No. However, it is much better. It also helps with solo players. I've legit had games where we play like SWF. It forces good game play. You can still be selfish but you are not rewarded the same.

Is ranking up easy? Nope not a chance. I usually play red ranks (1 or 2) I can't get passed rank 11. Why? 1 or 2 bad matches and you go back up but I wouldn't change it for what it was before. I haven't seen a gate tbag or flashlight clicker in 130 matches!

I like it. ❤️

Edit: spelling

Edit: sh*t more spelling errors

Edit: seriously 🤦‍♀️ I can't spell/grammar.

Edit: are you $&@#ing kidding me 😆

• Letroni

What do you think about survivors that can loop the killers for the entire game? Do you consider that toxic as well? Should survivors just get caught intentionally in order to pip?

With current rank system it is impossible for the one who takes the agro to pip