Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

First game on and I do not like lights out.

Royval
Royval Member Posts: 534

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

First match and Bubba that camps, slugs and tunnels. DbD event classic.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 534

just played Chucky and the survivors hid and just always disappeared. Most boring match of dbd I’ve played in a long time it was on dead dawg aswell genuinely not a fun experience.

• Baixaki
    Baixaki Member Posts: 15

I kinda liked the first games, but now you can already see that more and more ppl play cheesy killers like ghostface, bubba, legion to detect or oneshot survivors easily. There is always exploitation, which is why chaos shuffle is much more favored.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 305

rel. God, I miss 2v8 🤧

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited September 12

You get literally no bloodpoints

No rift fragments in the tome

Boring and slow paced gameplay

What exactly is the reason anyone should play this mode? The fact that you can't even bring bloodpoint offerings is ridiculous. The gameplay needs to at least be good if you want people to play for effectively no rewards. This entire mode is just a miss and I don't think there is any way to make the concept work. It's just not fun. Put more energy into improving 2v8 instead. Going through the tome just feels like an obligation more than anything else. It's not something i'm doing because I find it enjoyable.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

I did one game. Played against a Bubba. Don't see a huge reason to play it again. Not sure why Bubba would be included in this mode. Only one way those games are going to go.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

are perks still disabled in this mode is my issue with these side modes if they keep doing them without perks the gameplay is absolutely boring as survivor

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

I played back to back games against Bubba. In both games half of my teams rage dc'd. There just isn't much counterplay to this at all. A huge oversight on Behavior's part IMO.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, I don't like it either. I didn't like the first one particularly — this one I'm finding easier as killer, because people carry a light around, but as solo survivor it feels impossible. But, even when I'm winning as killer, it can turn into a long, frustrating match because the survivors just disappear and I have to keep patrolling gens. Every match becomes a 3-gen and not because I want it to.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Having very little enjoyment as survivor. I know they probably pitched this as a part of the Castlevania chapter release to the license owners but I really wish they just brought back Chaos Shuffle a week earlier.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I'm not really digging it either (though I'm not entirely sure why as i had liked the original Lights Out mode).

I was going to give it a few games just to see if I would settle into it or not but I just realized that you need to have The Castlevania chapter bought to get one of the items in the Lights Out Tome, which is super lame. So I probably just won't even bother since doing the Tome doesn't really get me anything like previous special event Tomes would…

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 683

I haven't gotten on to try yet but it pains me to hear that apparently, my Main is still cheesy in this mode and matches are either SWF genrush or Killer stomps. :(

Why on earth just not bring back REGULAR Lights Out for those who want it, and no BP incentive? None? Why?