The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What original killer do you really want in this game?

ÆTomicGeen
ÆTomicGeen Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

anything you have in mind?

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

A fire type killer. Dracula sort of works but I want something with an entire set of fire power weapons. Mainly a Flamethrower with Molotov's and it could work like a Plague/Clown hybrid power with a burn bar that breaks survivors when full.

Spider of any kind would also be a top choice.

Doppelganger would also be great even though it prolly wouldn't be good.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,257

We finally got a vampire, which is what I wanted. While I think he’s pretty cool, I was hoping for a more traditional one, where it’s power revolves around sucking blood from Survivors and powering up. What we got is good enough, especially with his mori, which is so extra!

Now I want a traditional Mummy from an ancient Egyptian crypt. Its power could be zombifying one Survivor for a limited time that prevents them from doing gens and forces them to run at their teammates. They could have a mechanic that lets them resist attacking by punching in the directional arrows, like Skerchants drones, but they’ll still be chasing until the time runs out.

I also want an Ice Queen (that suspiciously looks like Tilda Swinton) who has ice powers and causes the map to load in frozen over with ice physics that makes everyone slip and slide in certain areas.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 174

A Black Veil Cultist who relies on stealth and misdirection

A demon born of hellfire,

A "Grey" that uses Telekinesis and Telepathy

A government Super Soldier turned rogue (Think Captain America X Homelander)

an Arachne, with spider powers

A cacking manic psycopath wearing a straightjacket that jumps and grapples.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 169

I'd be happy if they figured out a way to give us a velociraptor.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 677

Basically anything else, visual design and power-wise, than anything resembling Skull Merchant.

In all seriousness, a giant Spider Killer (Last Year did it, why not DBD?) would be awesome.

A motion-sensitive Killer, with high movement speed and enhanced vault/break speed and hearing but limited vision and Survivors look blurred if they don't move but glow if they run (I guess if they ever collab with Supermassive then a Wendigo could work like that too).

A Killer who's whole shtick is creating fake ressources (pallets, lockers, gens etc.) that injure and/or restrain/reveal the Survivors that interact with them. Would be paranoïa-inducing.

A Killer that is built around awareness. Being invisible and insanely fast but unable to become visible unless outside of the Survivors's line of sight. Or perhaps a Killer that blurs/makes the screen glitch if looked at during chase which gets incrementally worse.

There's a lot of potential for original Killers to be unique, however BHVR tends to put more effort into licensed Killers in terms of quality and uniqueness, with a few exceptions.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

A Werewolf killer that maybe has a full moon mechanic.

I think it would be dope if they fully leaned into the Huntress’s lore and made her a Werewolf killer also but was a different selection.

So she would start of as the normal Huntress for the first few minutes of the match but would transform due to certain conditions and a full moon. So that way the survivors would be wondering for a few minutes wether it was a normal Huntress or Werewolf Huntress.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 478

A full-on werewolf killer that depends more on brute strength and some speed

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 278

I would love to see more spooky Killer types that fully deliver on the horror part of the game and have good jumpscare potential. For instance, had an idea of a Weeping Angel type of a Killer that works like a reverse Unknown.

• The Killer spawns with their husks or copies scattered across the map, in proximity to generators.
    • The Killer can move between the husks — they're invisible during that time, but they can't also interact with their surroundings — and possess them. The movement is similar to Dredge when it leaves its remnant, but is faster.
    • The possessed husk spawns to life, gets a Terror Radius and the red spot, becoming able to attack and chase Survivors, kick gens and pallets, and do any other actions.
    • Survivors can't interact with the husks and have no way of knowing how and when they come to life. However, unlike the Unknown, the Killer can't teleport to any of its copies, it has to move between them. Whenever the Killer leaves their husk, it becomes immobile again.
    • By possessing husks and moving them around, the Killer can strategically place their husks at different points of the map.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 118

I have a few ideas -

1. Mapinguari - based on the cryptid of the same name, for those who aren't aware, a mapinguari is basically a cyclops meets sasquatch with a mouth on its stomach from Brazil. It doesn't really have any special abilities, but the general backstory for it - that they used to be shaman - plus its appearance, I'm pretty sure they could come up with something.
    2. Ant Queen - I think an ant-like mutant creature, the queen of a colony with controllable ant-units, would be could. Gameplay wise, I think my ideas for it would be too ambitious and would require BHVR to give the game a facelift, but the general idea is that the Ant Queen would be stationary, only capable of moving underground, but like the Pokemon Trainer from Smash Bros. (I know, random) she could basically spawn a different type of ant from the colony. It'd be similar to the Twins, but Victor would be several different ants with different abilities.
    3. Mimic - Could also be called The Doppelganger, I've always found the Legion to be disappointing, especially since they were revealed to be a killer that blends in with the survivors. So, how about a killer that actually can? Now, it'd get obvious pretty dang fast, so I'm thinking - the Doppelganger, or Mimic, will have a set number of clones - which, like with Unknown - can be destroyed by survivors, in which the DG can re-summon them, and the clones are all copies the survivors in the match. The Doppelganger can change from its real form into that of one of its clones, essentially pretending to be a survivor. Can have it to where the Doppelganger can perform tasks as well - but instead of, say, repairing generators or opening the gate, it's damaging the generator it's working on or regressing the gate. It'd, obviously, need a lot of play testing to make fair, but I think such a killer could be fun for both sides.
    4. Siren - Admittedly, I feel this idea would end up annoying, but made right, I think a killer based on the sirens from Greek mythology would be pretty fun. The idea is simple - she'd be an ambush-hunter similar to Ghostfase and Michael. However, instead of needing to build up to an insta-down by stalking the survivors, the Siren's goal is to remain unseen so she can begin to sing. Any survivor within range would have their vision distorted, confusing them for a period of time, allowing the Siren to get in close without them knowing where she's coming from. But, she has to be hidden to do so.

I have many more ideas, but I'll leave it at 4 for now.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,913

Ghost Children, basically a set of Brother and Sister who always hold their hands as they walk. about the size of Sadako.