The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we get some detailed statistics on slugging?

GroßusSchmiedus
GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 515
edited September 14 in General Discussions

While i appreciate this data, i wish for some more detailed ones, because there are so many variables that can explain survivors getting slugged for more than 35+% total that are legit and explained.

Killer power based:

Setting traps.

Reloading as Huntress/Deathslinger/Trickster

Placing an almost ready hallucinations.

Destroying a nearby zombie for Nemesis mutation.

Disrupting a lament configuration solve.

Destroying nearby turrets as Alien.

Shooting off a bird to check or force survivors off for Thrilling Tremors.

General:

Checking/kicking generators.

Checking for survivors to prevent flash/pallet save.

Interrupting nearby survivors healing

A survivor getting downed while bodyblocking.

Survivors leading the Killer directly to some other survivor before getting downed.

Survivors getting slugged to prevent Decisive Strike.

Im sure the list could go on, it could go on for very long, thats why i wanna see a more detailed breakdown.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Slugging for sure is going to be hard to quantify, just like tunneling, because a lot of people's definition of it seems to be different.

And there's 2 main types of slugging right now. You're either slugging all 4 because you were in the position to do so, so that's the classic kind of slugging.

Or there's the other one which more people are gonna start doing, where you slug 1 survivor, get a hit or even a down on another, and then go back to your first slug to hook them. It'll bait teammates to go pick up the slug, and maybe get hit, when they really don't have time to pick them up because you're already back there. People have realized that hooks don't give as much value as we've always thought, so they're gonna start getting in extra time waste and extra hits when they can, mostly by doing this.

Buffed We're Gonna Live Forever might destroy this strategy, and then I don't know what killers are gonna do.

• abyssplayz
    abyssplayz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 30

add 15 seconds to the time it takes to fully recover alone and allow to fully recover. tired of killers getting a lucky down and holding me hostage bc i looped them. you know.. like the purpose of the game is… and slugging for the 4k is bs they need a distinct way of winning so ppl cant be delusional. idk just my opinion

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 515

Here are some further stats from another thread.