The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why ever use Wolf form now?

WF just lost its skill expression hug techs with no buffs to WF meanwhile Bat Form got major buffs and can easily catchup lost ground with its insane speed while Vampire form is the perfect Anti loop

So i ask why use Wolf Form now?

Comments

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

This is how I feel about it as well, same with flick techs as well. You're technically not suppsoed to be able to force your camera to spin like that during an animation for extra momentum for an extra down.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I like the feeling of playing him, sadly he's quite weak a lot of the time.

I'd love it if they buff him a bit, one thing that would be a nice change would be that I can control when I pounce the second time as long as it's in the duration. That way it would took away the cases where the second pounce is a split second to late, but I don't think it would be too strong.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Wolf form definitely shouldn't have the speed hit on walking backwards, it's nearly impossible to mindgame as it is.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 278

Im fine that they removed that exploit. Having said that, if now the Wolf still feels useless, they can buff it without taking into account a possible exploit and give him a much better basekit.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

Nothing placebo about it. It was a useful tech that could give you hits you otherwise would have no way to get on certain straight tiles. Clear and straightforward.

But it needed to go, just like it needed to go on Blight. Getting hit by it, especially when you don't know about it just feels unfair and is definitely not a very beginner friendly thing. For sure his kit feels better after patch though, I like that they buffed bat form and that they're leaning into him transforming more in and out of his power during chase.

The only thing I wanna see now is remove the movement restrictions on wolf form so you can move backwards at full speed. That would make it really scary at mindgaming loops.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,081

i think it is more his scent orbs are too weak. they're not good tracking, they should work like Oni but also work when healthy and they don't give enough haste to help dracula vs high-wall loops. other than that, his vampire form and bat form are in amazing spot. he is fun to play and his abilities are fun to use.

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 231

If you need to exploit a bug to get hits it says alot about your real skill level just saying.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 206

so survivors can pet you

• LadyOwO

I like how people call abusing a bug "Skill" Expression. It's quite hilarious 😂.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

I pretty much only use the wolf form and never used the hug tech. I just love being the wolf and would like a werewolf killer at somepoint or another. I don't really care about hellfire or being a bat I understand it is optimal but I play this game for fun and not optimally.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

I mean Hens and other very good content creators used the hugtech plenty when it was possible, I don't think using tech/glitch/exploits/bugs means you're a bad player. It just means you take advantage of everything within reason to gain an advantage. Also, I didn't use the hugtech myself. I think it's a good change, the current version is much healthier.

• abyssplayz
    abyssplayz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 30

i usually hit them as vamp then bat speed back to them nd get a quick down. wolf form i use but i think it actually makes me worse. the 3rd person can be used for mind games in weaker pallets. but a good player doesnt need that. breaking pallets immediately when they're dropped is nice too but then the cooldown is so unrewarding. i really like the idea of him but he just doesnt compare to huntress, blight, plague, ect. if they increase his speed slightly ease his pallet cooldown thing and give a more fun and better way to track seeing highlighted footprints for healthy survs seeing which way they go and stuff idk it'd be fun in my opinion

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,471
    edited September 15

For head rubs. Seriously

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777
    edited September 15

Chucky has an intended hug tech, so does it also have to go?

They should have made hug tech a feature, blight feels so bad to play now and Dracula would probably also be more fun with it

• LadyOwO
    edited September 15

"Giving Dracula belly rubs now instantly opens the exit gates"