The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I can't wait for PTB tomorrow

MrMori
MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

There's so much crazy stuff I wanna test. What do you want to test out in the PTB?

Comments

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

Yeah, a pity that we didn't had any buffs to M1 and underwhelming killers

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 231

The only thing that's going to happen on the ptb is SM getting Disemboweled instead of them just kill switching her till they can be bothered to do her rework.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 662

I don't want to test anything and I have zero excitement for this horrible, horrible PTB. I don't know anyone who IS excited for it.

They are needlessly buffing perks to be more genrushing perks we don't need. They gutted Memento Moris. They gutted Skull Merchant.

This is just a massive Killer nerf patch/PTB with almost nothing genuinely fun or interesting for Survivors, either. None of the perk changes except Quick Gambit have any sort of interesting testing capability to me.

They need to cancel this whole patch, just test the perk updates, and go back to the drawing board.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,382

Thats true.

Still, that will be as far as the fun will go.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159

The entire ptb is just entirely Nerfs especially to weak killer like Unknown who would want to bother with this PTB other then to mock the execution of Skullmerchant and to bully people playing her

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I can't play it but I want to see someone test out Poised because I want to see how often it actually works. The change sounds like it's only when you first touch a gen but then the description says you can keep an eye on where the killer is throughout the game. Hoping it's the latter. Killers have so many aura reading perks, it's time survivors get their own.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies

I do agree the Poised change is good and I would prefer just… everyone to have an aura read and chase meta rather than the stale, boring 3gen versus genrush meta we currently have. Just gut every single generator perk and item to the ground, PLEASE. It's so much more fun to see chase shenanigans than another four stacked gen slowdown or a bunch of sweaty genrush.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Looking at survivor gen perks, Hyperfocus is like a 1.6% pickrate, while perks like Overzealous and Fast Track are less than 1% pickrates. Prove Thyself is semi-popular (6% i think) and Deja Vu is undoubtedly meta. But most of the survivor top 10 perks are chase related - WoO, Lithe, Adrenaline, Iron Will, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, and DS. Resilience is popular but used for both gens and chase.

Fwiw I don't like referencing Nightlight but it's really all we've got and comparison to official stats in the past show it's close enough, so I'm just drawing from there.

The killer meta is the opposite - mostly gen slowdown, and a couple chase perks. I think it kind of goes to show where each side is overall weakest - for killers it's generally map pressure, for survivors it's chase/tile knowledge. So all that to say, I can't see the meta changing much but for those of us who aren't interested in playing meta we need more toys for sure.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies

That's fair. I just don't like the idea of giving the strongest kinds of players - very strong Killers and SWFs - even more tools to destroy any and everyone that isn't the same standard as them.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,578

What's the point of this PTB?

A few perks rebalanced?

A killer execution?

There is nothing I'm really interested in. The Distortion fix, at most, but PTB survivor players are notoriously bad so what's the point playing against them? That is if they pick the perk at all to begin with.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 164

The only thing I want to know out of this ptb is how severe the Unknown's nerf actually is, which is kinda funny because I had such high expectations for his possible changes before I read those patch notes…

• GonnaBlameTheMovies

As predicted, the unwanted Memento Mori nerf sucks.

Nobody wants this version of a Mori. It promotes slugging for the 4k. It buffs slugging and nerfs a fun aspect of the game most people on both sides enjoy and love. It removes tactics from the game. Please please please just make Cypress basekit, retire it, and then add BPs to green and Iri Moris alongside letting them mori multiple people per round. Don't make all Moris ONLY give BP, let us Mori as many people as we want. It would be a massive crying shame to waste all the effort the devs have worked on for the Mori animations this way, turning Moris into yet another sweat mechanic.