The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Picking up survivors

letsgobrandon24
letsgobrandon24 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

As a killer main with probably decent mmr it’s an absolute nightmare trying to pick up a survivor. Every single time you do there’s three flashlights coming at you from every direction. Is this not toxic? Is this how we’re playing the game now? Don’t get me wrong, flashlight/pallet saves are awesome and I respect it. But when you have one survivor already ignoring the game just to follow you around, now all survivors are ignoring actually playing the game just to beam you is this not against the gameplay?

Comments

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,719

wish that was true for me as well, those lobbies are so much fun to play in.

pallet saves are bs since killers can't bodyblock either side of the pallet, was even more so with buffed 200% bgp but flashlight/bang saves are very easily managable in my opinion.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

I love these matches as these survivors always end up slugged before a first and final hook.

Sometimes they get me but they don't get a second chance.

• Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 102

Think of it as a good thing, if they are all wasting too much time with altruism then they aren't on gens.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

Rosie199X has proposed that your first pick-up of the match as killer should be uninterruptible. I think it's a good idea. Being robbed of your first down is just too damaging to come back from.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

Your mistake is thinking they can't do both. 1 person gets an uncounterable flashbang save, the other 2 are on gens. It's simple.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

And survivors wonder why killers slug lol they use flashlight and flash bangs and then complain about being slugged saying it's toxic and boring. Makes no sense.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited September 18

Bring Lightborn for peace of mind. I'm serious. While doing that, practice looking away, checking for survivors nearby before picking up and play as if you don't have it.

Keep acting like you don't have lightborn even when they blind you btw, they'll keep trying and waste their own time. Plus, you'll slowly when to pick up and when not to and get better at countering blinds.

Also, pay attention in lobby, see how many flashlights are there and think about who you're chasing. Of course that doesn't help against Flashbang but still, keeping who has a beamer in mind is important.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 520

@burt0r someone needs your Lord!

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 19

Rizzo pls delete, quoting function bugged out. Same with the @ function 😑

@Rizzo

Post edited by burt0r on
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,150

My child,

Let our Lord and Savior LIGHTBORN embrace you with the soothing darkness of it's shades.

My you be blessed and never be blinded ever again.

AMEN

🫲😎🫱

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 520

As a survivor main, I feel like a blood traitor to survivors invoking your unholy blessings! But I can’t have the lost sheep not at least hear your call! lol

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,891
    edited September 19

I have had to start slugging a lot more nowadays by virtue of the survivor swarms... I don't usually go super mean, but when those flashies start flocking...

Unless they god tier... then it's me doing the learning... 😖😖😖

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

I understand your frustration, and as I've been through many matches like that myself, I've learned how to deal with it. First of all, if you see a bunch of flashlights in a lobby, you can either equip perks to counter them (Lightborn and/or Franklin's), or you can simply choose another lobby. If the survivors don't bring flashlights, then you're getting helped out in the match if they are wasting time looking for and opening chests (and even then there's a relatively low chance of finding a flashlight) because they're not spending time on gens or rescuing/healing teammates.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 449

I don't see as many of these team as i use to 2 or 3 years ago it was almost every game was awful. Even if you win it was stressful.
    I have become more light sensitive these days so on my bad days light born is a requirement for me it becomes annoying when they do the last seconds item switch in the lobby to 3 or 4 flashlights.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

Honestly, lightborne does not come off my build anymore. It saves me a lot of time, hooks, and I get intel out of it

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

Lightborn is the answer, friend.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 174

Burt0r is right about lightborn, however there is another way, one that survivors may consider..... Unnatural.

Join me, use weave attunement and franklins demise, together we shall consume the items of the survivors and form a new empire in the fog. Give in to your hate