The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If a Spider joins Dead by Daylight as the killer

Rutersxc
Rutersxc Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

What power should it have?

Comments

• アトミック
    アトミック Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

Venom and webs

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 420

Invocation: Weaving Spiders gonna be updated when that happens … :P

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Well Bungee gum has both the properties of rubber and gum....oh we aren't talking about HunterxHunter spiders...

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,266

It should be able to spit its sticky, gooey web from its butt all over Survivors.

It should also be able to block a limited amount of loops with its webbing that can only be removed by using a torch that spawns during a trial.

It’s mori should be quickly killing the Survivor and then using its web to puppet their body like a Marionette.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 523

but where is the representation for Spout climbing spiders?? Incy wincy wants a word!!

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,312
    edited September 18

I can't think Giant spider without some lackeys to make it even more dangerous.

It has a nests of eggs scattered about the map in clusters that can spawn in smaller giant spiders that roam the map. Make the smaller spiders AI somewhere between Neme's Zombies meets Knight's Guards and they can damage survs.

Alternatively, In lieu of damage, they could could either shoot or lay a ground web that instead applies a movement speed debuff to survs like Hindered.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,134

It shouldn't be added. The Entity is close enough to a spider. Many people don't like Spiders and will dc as some do against Plague. This topic has been brought up countless times.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 278

My ideas stem from my opinion that a human-ish Spider-themed Killer would be creepier rather than just a large arachnid. The Entity is interested in those who a) want to inflict as much suffering as possible, b) are in the state of constant pain and anger and lash out at anyone around.

So, I mostly have in mind a Killer who used to be human — either already obsessed with spiders or, quite the opposite, very arachnophobic — and lost their sanity after glimpsing the Entity, becoming obsessed by it and considering spiders the most perfect for out there because of their semblance to the Entity . This is someone who already looks like they're merely wearing a human skin, incubating something horrible underneath — and they shed that skin bit by bit during the trial.

Special attack: Infestation

You feel its hunger. You know what to do.

Infesting the Survivor with hundreds of tiny biting spiders. The Survivor can shake them off (similarly to Dispel with the Artist's crows). Infesting the Survivor fore a second time, while the first Infestation condition is still active removes a health state. If a healthy Survivor interacts with an Infested Survivor, they become infested as well.

Special trap: Snare

It's your lair and no critter slips by without you knowing.

Webbing up generators, chests, totems and windows. Any survivor interacting with the webbed up objects reveals their aura. Removing the webbing grants the Hindered state.

Special locomotion: Burrow

With your new form embraced, the world is your parlor now.

You gain the ability to Burrow underground, with aura of every Snared object visible to you. You can teleport to any webbed up object. Whenever a survivor interacts with the webbed object, you receive nose notification.

Special power: Metamorphosis

Each feeding brings you closer to perfection.

Injuring and hooking Infested survivors progresses your Metamorphosis bar. Once it's full, tap the Power button to Molt, leaving your old skin behind and emerging in a new form. After each Molt you gain an Undetectable status for short period of time. Second form grants increased movement speed when chasing Infested survivors or in the vicinity of disturbed Snares. Third and final form accelerates the Infestation rate (Survivors lose a health state if they don't remove spiders fast enough, without the need to apply Infestation for the second time) and adds the special Burrow Locomotion ability. After final molting, Snares no longer reveal aura upon interaction when you're not Burrowed.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

Some possible ideas:

1. Use webs to block vaults and doorways, hindering survivors instead of blocking outright.

2. Use webbing to slingshot onto a vertical surface, before pouncing on survivors.

3. Use burrows to make tunnels and come out wherever it needs.

4. Develop attacks which infect survivors with venom, which affects them in different ways.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

I hope it can walk on ceilings, walls, pallets and windows freely

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 875

A machine gun.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

Well, many people are also afraid of Clowns, but then we already have one in game. Besides it's a horror game, it's themed around scary elements that makes you fear

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 553
    edited September 18

Same thing was said about clowns for a long time.

While I do agree about plague, players (on both sides) spit their dummy out & dc for so many ridiculous reasons these days they shouldn't remotely take such players into consideration when making or designing characters

Edit - someone made the same point right above me but still valid, been a long time but I'm pretty sure the devs said before clowns release no clowns due to phobias.

I've been lost in this fog way too long to remember direct quotes at this point

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

Accidently summons the killer to your location AND makes you broken for the rest of the trial

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Nah it should eventually be added. The game is marketed as a survival horror PVP. It should be common sense that if you have such a bad phobia that a fake image on a screen can scare you that much… you just shouldn't play anything that could cause it to happen.

• Stormveil_Castle
    Stormveil_Castle Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

I would love to see a spider in dbd. I'll probably main it too if the power is interesting.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162

in the Last year game the spider killer shot venom acid pools could spawn baby spiders and have ambush spots to grab the victims