The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Concept: Pyromancer

Dragonfire465
Dragonfire465 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 8
edited September 18 in Creations

New Killer: The Pyromancer

Appearance: The Pyromancer is clad in charred, tattered clothing, with flames flickering around his hands and eyes that burn with an eerie glow. His skin is marked with burn scars, and he carries a staff topped with a blazing ember.

Weapon: Ember Staff

Power: Inferno’s Wrath

• Primary Ability - Fireball: The Pyromancer can hurl fireballs at Survivors, causing them to catch fire. Survivors on fire suffer from the Burn status effect, which gradually depletes their health and causes them to leave a trail of flames.
  • Secondary Ability - Flame Wall: The Pyromancer can create walls of fire that block pathways and windows, forcing Survivors to find alternative routes or risk taking damage.
  • Ultimate Ability - Firestorm: After a certain amount of time or conditions are met, the Pyromancer can unleash a devastating Firestorm, engulfing a large area in flames and causing massive damage to any Survivors caught within.

Perks

Scorched Earth: When a generator is completed, all pallets within a certain radius are set ablaze, making them unusable for a short duration.

Flame’s Embrace: Survivors who rescue others from hooks are inflicted with the Burn status effect, causing them to take damage over time.

Burning Hatred

Effect: Each time a Survivor is hooked, the Killer gains a token. For each token, the Pyromancer’s connection to fire intensifies, granting him the following benefits:

1. Ignition: Each token increases the chance that any Survivor who interacts with a generator or pallet will spontaneously ignite, suffering from the Burn status effect. This effect causes them to take damage over time and leave a trail of flames.
  2. Flame Trail: With each token, the Pyromancer’s footsteps leave behind a brief trail of fire that lingers for a few seconds. Any Survivor who steps into this trail will suffer from the Burn status effect.
  3. Infernal Rage: For each token, the Pyromancer’s cooldown on his fire-based abilities (like Fireball and Flame Wall) is reduced, allowing him to use them more frequently and with greater impact.

Burn Status Effect

Description: The Burn status effect is a debilitating condition inflicted by the Pyromancer’s fire-based abilities. Survivors affected by Burn suffer from continuous damage over time and leave a trail of flames, making them easier to track. The Burn effect can significantly hinder a Survivor’s ability to perform tasks and escape the Killer.

Effects:

• Continuous Damage: Survivors take damage over time while Burn is active.
  • Flame Trail: Affected Survivors leave a trail of flames, revealing their location to the Pyromancer.
  • Impaired Actions: Survivors may experience slower action speeds when repairing generators, healing, or performing other tasks.

Countering the Burn Effect

1. Healing:
    • Self-Care: Use the Self-Care perk to heal yourself without the need for a Med-Kit. This can help mitigate the damage from Burn.
    • Teamwork: Have another Survivor heal you to remove the Burn effect more quickly. Cooperation is key to survival.

• Med-Kits: Carrying a Med-Kit can help you heal faster and counter the continuous damage from Burn.
  • Fire Extinguisher (Special Item): If available, use a fire extinguisher to put out flames and remove the Burn effect from yourself or other Survivors.

Mori: Inferno’s Finale

Pyromancer grabs the Survivor by the throat with one hand, lifting them off the ground. The Survivor struggles, trying to break free. With his other hand, Ignatius conjures a small, intense flame at the tip of his Ember Staff. He brings the flame close to the Survivor’s face, causing them to flinch and scream in terror. Pyromancer then slams the Survivor to the ground and steps back, raising his staff high. Flames erupt from the ground, encircling the Survivor in a ring of fire. The flames grow higher and more intense, completely engulfing the Survivor. Their screams are drowned out by the roaring fire. As the flames die down, only a pile of ashes remains where the Survivor once lay. Ignatius stands over the ashes, his eyes glowing with satisfaction.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Rem_Loves_Horror
    Rem_Loves_Horror Member Posts: 9

This concept is so cool! the power especially is amazing and usually I would have something to add or criticize but literally I think it is perfect!

I love that you did a mori, the way you explained really helped me visualize it and it seemed like it would be awesome, I've been wanting a mori in the game that completely mutilates the survivor, I think the closest we have so far is Vecna's mori.

I also love the idea for the burn effect, it makes me think the counterplay for this killer would be fun.

And lastly, I always ask everyone this but… What cosmetics do you think this killer could have?

- I personally was thinking a new collection of skins could be released from this chapter… said collection would basically be various killer's default skins but burned (think of that one Huntress cosmetic-don't remember name) additionally they could add a new skin to this collection every year (like blighted skins).