We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PTB Patch Notes Release - Bad Reviews

All over social media these ptb patch notes are getting horrible reviews and comments. People are clearly not pleased with the outcome. Some are saying as far as “Forget this update, we can do without it”

Whats the plan? What are y’all’s thoughts? I don’t see many content people revolving around this.

Personally, this update was not their best work for sure, but we know because we’ve seen it they can make some incredible stuff.

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 933

So much hate from what? just the SM butchering? The other killers got small nerfs or changes and the perk changes are all much better except for maybe one or 2 perks that might need to be tone down before release.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,727

I feel like people are over-reacting personally.

The Skull Merchant changes could have been handled better I agree but it's also not the end of the world.

There is almost zero chance Zanshin and Corrective Action go live as they are. No idea why people are talking about them as if they're already in the game.

The Mori system could have been handled better but it's also not a big deal. People talk about photobombing and what not as if it was a super common thing. I don't think I've even seen a Mori in months unless I ran one for a challenge and none had photobombs. They're basically extinct.

Distortion was killed which is a shame but they might find some middle ground come live. That is the point of PTB's after all.

Everything else in the patch was either a good change or so minor it's not worth mentioning.

I agree some stuff could and should have been handled better but all the doom-posting is way overblown.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,234

It might be overblown which I agree, but this update if not polished up is far from good.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

Yeah, Distortion was destroyed (I was mostly fine with where it was before, but changing it to recharge tokens in chase would have fixed every complaint beyond "this perk gives value and I don't like that") and Zanshin is going to be nasty on killers that don't have to break pallets. New Deathbound might be ridiculous too, since it's basically permanent Oblivious. But I do like most of the perk changes that are not those ones, to be fair.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,552

Pretty rightful criticism imo.

A lot are already annoyed by changes nobody wanted before. Like the still clumsy new UI.

Not solved technical problems with the Dracula update, so many new (audio) bugs at the moment which are not fixed. And now this!

Destroying stealth and even more aura reading nobody wants.

Lights out V2 was also not really it.

I have to say i also don´t like the direction at the moment.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Most pallets in the game have short walls, and those who have tall walls are usually safe loops that force a kick in most scenarios (Jungle Gyms, Long/Short walls, main buildings, etc) making only really a few killers able to take advantage of it.

Also, people are gonna have to adapt to the aura meta with a perk that has been WAY too underrated for way too long, and thats Object of Obsession.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 136

They need to reduce the time to something similar to im all ears, even less I would say because as a killer you have a lot more input in choosing wheter to break the pallet or not so you can make almost the whole map a constant aura reading surface if you want.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

It’s good for Doctor currently but that’s it. The buffed version is OP and will not go live.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 255

I mean as Coconut pointed out in his new Video, with the right setup with corrective action, hyperfocus and friends that run the same build, it is possible to do gens in 15 seconds with 3 people or gens in 30 seconds with 2 people. That is without iri addons or special toolboxes or even having to hit skillchecks.

This Patch at least in regards to perks just seems like they designed it and then instantly pushed it out into PTB hoping that all the overpowered stuff hopefully gets found before it goes to live. Seems like they gave very little thought to balance and synnergy and stuff beforehand at least imo.

SM on the other hand is just a killoff and everyone knows it. Seems like they either dont have the time or resources to fix her now so she gets killed of until she can be eventually reworked In a couple of years. From what I can tell most killer players are annoyed that it gets sold as nerf cause she was way too strong when most of the time matches with her are just survivor suicide fests. T

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,234

With such a massive company how do they not have the time or resources is what gets me. Then again they did just fire a crap ton of people….

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

So yet another perk brought into the survivor meta for killers to complain about? It used to be "just bring Distortion!"

With Weave we were told to pick up the items and put them in a far off corner. What can we do about pallets? Until survivors can break them or pick them up and move them into a corner too, the new ZT is ridiculous I'm sorry. You can bring Any Means Necessary but it still benefits the killer because the pallet is still there for them to use. It makes unarguably the most important survivor resource a killer resource. Honestly one of the most laughable perk changes I've seen to date.

There seems to be an increasing tendency from the devs these days to make changes to or release survivor perks that benefit the killer. Alot of the new chapter survivor perks require a large survivor time investment for minimal team or personal reward.

I'm not sure who the devs are listening to on these changes but they need to stop.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

skull merchant butchered, distortion butchered, killer aura reading buffed like crazy, last person mori-able. i could see why people are annoyed. I'm not sure why the mori thing would be hated aside the offerings being basically useless now unless the bp bonus is crazy.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,303

Loads of bad changes for general gameplay design, but the fact that corrective action didn't get any consideration put into how it stacks with itself is such a show of incompetence... It took me ten seconds to realise that it was going to be a problem, how did no one at BHVR realise it at any point during coding?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Aight Im gonna be honest I wasnt aware of the duration aspect of the perk, I thought it was just a flat distance with no lingering

Yeah that aint going to live lol