We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Did they nerf the BP incentive bonuses?

MrMori
MrMori Member Posts: 1,534
edited September 20 in General Discussions

I haven't seen 100% on either side for a while now. Even when my queues are 5 seconds on survivors and a minute or two for killer, the BP bonus stays at 50% max. BHVR did say they were monitoring the BP bonuses a while back with 2v8. Maybe it's even stricter to get a 100% bonus?

Comments

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 85

same!! with the start of the lights out event the BP bonus changed

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,541

Definitely not, like clockwork for me after about 8pm I get 100% killer bonus every night

• redglyph
    redglyph Member Posts: 45

Any time zone in Japan
    killer: 0%
    Survivor: 0~50%

Even with the bonus, matching is not fast.

Only the BP bonus has been lowered.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

I've seen survivor at 50-100 during lights out, normal mode killer was 100 usually in evening/night.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,925
    edited September 21

Since the lights out event started, I've been seeing the incentive range between 25% killer to 25-50% surv, mostly the latter.

My theory here has been that the 2v8 led some people to try the other side (mostly surv to killer) and the balance has changed a bit. Before the 2v8, I saw mostly 100% killer bonus.

Plus a lot more of the killers I've been facing lately are not so good inexperienced.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

i thought it was them messing with incentives to promote lights out but apparently they are completely broken since then. i've been only getting 25-50 survivor incentive during the day, normally it should never drop below 100% (or switch to killer) in my region and mmr.

no idea about killer incentives, not playing in evenings lately.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,881

Same here. I've only seen the 25% and 50% bonus ever since lights out ended. Maybe they forgot to re-enable 100% for standard mode?

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,256

Same. I am getting nothing but 25%.

• MrMori

Glad to see I'm not the only one, and I'm still getting this problem. Incentives were 25% on survivor. Killer queue was 10 seconds. Survivor a little over 3 minutes. Something isn't right.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,126
    edited September 22

Oh gosh.

In the scenario of not having unbalanced queues, BHVR has quashed the hopes of "player progression" when the servers are "healthy".

Maybe a global bonus when things are "normal"?

• redglyph

It's been over a month since killer BP Bonus disappeared.

It's true that the bonus logic has been changed, but I don't think it's a healthy change, so I'd like to see it reverted.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,249

Yeah, it's been 150% for survivor today for me, too. The queue is surprisingly slow for such a large bonus, though. I would expect it to be instant.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

It was 150% Survivor last night for me again, strangely enough at 11pm when I usually see 100% killer incentive. I didn't play though so can't speak for queue times. The incentive is definitely all over the place.

• MrMori

Same here, 150% on survivor, but survivor queues were long and killer queues instant. Man I wish they would fix this already. In theory they're actually making their own queue times worse by pushing people to play the side that already has too many players. I miss having 100% bonus, especially on killer.

• Shinkiro
    Shinkiro Member Posts: 72
    edited October 9

I miss having 100% bonus, especially on killer.

Literally not had a single killer bonus since 2v8 came out. It's kinda just demoralised me from playing much anymore tbh since i dont enjoy survivor much. Prior to that i was getting consistent 100% every evening so i could enjoy the game while still getting reasonable progression for my killer prestiges. Now i might as well wait until BP events to play.

• redglyph

Previously the maximum was 100% and now it is 150%.
    I think things have changed at that point.

For example, a month ago in my region, the BP bonus for survivors was 100% from 9am to 9pm.
    Killer BP has become 100% since pm09.

Now you always get Survivor BP bonus.
    Isn't it strange?

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

I've been seeing it as 150% on survivor mostly, though in fairness I haven't been playing in the evenings which is when I would usually see killer bonuses (US West).

Haven't noticed anything different in que times. Survivor is quick, which the odd occasional slow time to load in, killer long.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 226

Yesterday afternoon I had a 150% bonus for survivor but I couldn't find a match. Queued up for killer, got a game right away. Is it possible that the incentives are backwards at the moment?

• VdG232
    VdG232 Member Posts: 18

I am experiencing the same "issues". Before lights out during the day I always had 100% survivor bonus switching to 100% killer bonus from around 8pm to 1 am. Now I have maximum 50% survivor bonus and most of the time 25% bonus during the day while the queue times are almost instant. I haven't seen killer bonus over 25% until now.

• IHasDan
    IHasDan Member Posts: 48

Yeah something has definitely changed. Usually it would be survivor 100% bonus during the day and killer 100% bonus in the evening/night for me. But I don't remember the last time I saw the killer bonus active. Also, most of the time the bonus is 25% - 50% however I've seen it go to 150% which is definitely new.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 684
    edited October 12

I feel the need to reply here too, as I can't recall seeing anything other than a 25% Bonus for Survivors since around 2v8, regardless of queue times on either side.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

My area has been +25% bonus on survivors yet queue times feel very slow.

• redglyph

Yesterday was a killer 50%.
    Returned to Survivor Bonus in 5 minutes.

Killer queue at bonus time was slow.
    The queue was faster without the bonus.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 555

It has a BP bonus for survivors! Rare! I often have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to get in the queue, which is very frustrating. I think you may have set up the wrong camp.

• redglyph

I will continue to speak out until it is fixed...

The matching time when survivor bonus was 150% was as follows
    survivor: 2 minutes 40 seconds
    killer: 13 seconds
    Don't you think it's strange?

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 667

Are there any news/updates, you can share with us, Peanits?

Over the week, I've notice similar issues like other users in this topic already reported.

• ThMnWthNVwls
    ThMnWthNVwls Member Posts: 19

A few nights ago the bonus was 25% on survivor for me, but the queue times for survivor were a few minutes. I switched to killer later and it was instant despite no incentive. This lasted a few hours.

It's been very clearly bugged since lights out came back.

A friend and my incentive have also been consistently the same which is unusual - our mmrs historically have given us varying incentives

• redglyph

now, The matching time when survivor bonus was 50% was as follows
    survivor: 1 minutes 20 seconds
    killer: 11 seconds
    I wonder when it will be fixed

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 16

Logged in for the first time in awhile and i'm still suck at 25%. At this point I think there should be a permanent 50% bonus for both sides with a 150% for the side that is in demand. Having a constant 25% is NOT it. You get basically nothing for playing survivor and the game isn't even worth playing to be honest.