Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lack of Fog.

How does everyone feel about this change?

I like being able to see across the map but the fog made things look better and feel more immersive.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

Currently, the fog offerings only seem to affect small patches of fog. I'd also like to see vision being slightly more impaired by the fog and give those offerings more impact.

The recent survey asked about weather differentials. Perhaps we'll be seeing offerings based upon that, with an impact on play within the trial!

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

Agree with the posts above, we need the reagents to do something.

Also, the removal of the little fog that was left seems wild to me. You can clearly see across the map, which feels wrong. If anything, the fog should be denser, and the Reagents should make it even more dense.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,567

Are we sure it’s not a bug?

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

We need the fog to the thickness as Ormond windy snow mist is. But blackened imo. Half the thickness as Lights Out thick was. Without the use of candles to see but environment lighting such as lamp posts. Fallen lanterns on the ground in dead areas. And Generators given off bright lights once done. Illuminate the area. But keeps that intense feel a killer is deep within the shadows. Also even dull the brightness of killers

That said, doubt those survivors who need their setting adjusted for that competitive edge will disagree.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

They lessed and/or removed the fog years back for game performance reasons, same as grass. This was particularly the case for the last gen consoles and especially the Switch.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,434

Didn't like it at first but change is hard. I'm okay with it now. It's nice being able to find the exit gates without having to be literally right in front of it

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333
    edited September 22

If you're a long time player you hate to see it go. If you are an enjoyer of the horror atmosphere you're gutted to see it go. If you're a brand new player then you probably won't have an opinion or be bothered if you never experienced it.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 830

I really dislike seeing all four ends from every point on some maps. It feels like you are in a little box. 📦

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

BHVR didn’t fix the scratch marks, which is why there is still an acknowledged bug report for them.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

i liked the old fog from the old dbd. looked alot better, darker and fitted with the games vibes

• A_T_E
    A_T_E Member Posts: 34

I'd personally like more fog on the maps, seems like it makes sense with the theme of the game.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,841

They changed the reagents to increase "mist" so its clearly an intentional change.

I hate it so much, the reagents barely do anything even when combined.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Shouldn't be able to see across a map clearly.

Bring old fog back please (still no explanation as to why it was removed in the first place).

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

Reminds me of a hospital.... sterile and lifeless.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

Most of the fog and most of the grass was greatly reduced years back because it was causing awful game performance issues. It was worst on the prior gen consoles, especially the Switch, but even those on PC felt it. Thank the game's underlying code, which is still the case no matter what engine it may be using.