Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Map offerings (again, yeah i know)

RFSa09
RFSa09 Member Posts: 684
edited September 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, a lot of people absolutely hate map offerings (for example me), a lot of people absolutely love them (for example content creators, 4 man swfs and p100 dredges)

But.. should they still be in the game? If we remove them a lot of builds would kinda fall apart (like mirror myers), but it would solve a very... specific problem (cof cof garden of Joy offering)

I personally want the green ones to be removed... but, wait if... bhvr brings back the Yellow and brown map offerings? Would it be better? I mean, we would still have something to increase the chances to play on the map we want, and content creators trying to show cool stuff on certain maps can play a custom match, do you think it would be good?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Personally, while I like my mirror Myers games... I'd happily give that up to get rid of map offerings. I absolutely loath how often I get sent to erye of crows.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,540
    edited September 24

I don't think map offerings are unhealthy for the game, I think the maps themselves are the problem. If they were balanced we wouldn't have this issue.

There was a patch, quite some time ago, that tried to adjust the maps while making them fair for both sides. Those were the original map adjustments, before the big reworks, and I think they were the solution to this problem.

Post edited by GeneralV on
  • MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 59

map offering should only and ONLY slightly increase the chance to get the specific map like 10% or so

• mysticalCat
    mysticalCat Member Posts: 25

I would agree to just remove them in general. Whenever a map is used on either side I know it’s going to be to those player’s advantage. However not all map offerings are brought because they have a certain goal planned. Some maps like Hawkins are a bit outdated or Haddonfield which has been completely gutted. I would like a fair chance at survival or to give survivors their fair chance at survival. Some maps are killer sided and some are survivor sided. New borgo for example. There is literally so many dead zones with a tiny little wall to loop while there are better maps with multiple loops spots. I feel bad when playing killer and have a bad map. My goal is to kill but I would like to give the survivors a fighting chance. I say if all maps were reworked and are balanced for both sides —Just remove them.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I'd remove or kill switch them for at least as long as all maps aren't equally balanced for both sides.

At the moment map offerings promote nothing but unhealthy gameplay for both sides, which isn't tolerable.

Wouldn't mind if they outright removed them from my inventory and from the game for good without any BP compensation. I just hate map offerings.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

I hate map offerings, and I'll be disappointed if they're part of chaos shuffle again. If we're balancing the game around scratched mirror myers, buff him instead of keeping map offerings. I'm willing to bet that less than 1 in 1000 map offerings are burnt by scratched mirror myers players. It feels like a weak excuse that people use to justify their existence when truthfully they just want to keep sending themselves to the best maps they can.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 58

I wouldn't miss map offerings for a second so i would really appreciate if they would get removed or at leat the the probelmatic ones killswitched. Poor Mirror Miguel though

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,969
    edited September 24

We all understand the problem of map offerings... however before we go ahead and nuke maps offerings, there is one problem that must be addressed...

We need to think around map specific achievements.

There are trophy hunters who bring in a lot of footfall in games, and whether we like it or not, there is a lot incentive to keep trophies/achievements prominently in your game. Regardless of your personal opinion of them, they do sell content and generate a lot of money for the game.

Now I have done all the trophies for DBD, I don't normally go for trophies, but if I like a game enough and enjoy just playing it generally (and the trophies are mostly reasonable) I will go for trophies...

A very large number of achievements in DBD require specific maps, and as such players need to be able to somehow control the map they are on... now you CAN do this over time, just by playing the game... it's how I did it, cause I couldn't save up enough offerings to control maps as I levelled up every character in the game... but I'm a DBD addict and it'd be dumb to expect most players to do it the way I did it.

However certain trophies like "Haemophobia" (escape the trial without being injured on Disturbed Ward) are plain brutal, even if you have map offerings...again... I did it without... but if we are to get rid of map offerings, this is your main blocker...

I can't really see how you can delete map offerings given this problem... Fixing maps to be balanced, while significantly more difficult, is realistically the only solution....

• A_T_E
    A_T_E Member Posts: 34

Hate map offerings? Use a counter map offering that's more in your favor, or better yet, "Sacrificial Ward" to nullify map offerings for that round. There is offerings for everybody.
    More options are better; advocate for more options, not less.

• RFSa09
  • RFSa09

I agree, but fixing all the maps would take too much time considering how long they take to change them :/

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,540

To be fair, they don't need to do everything from scratch. They can just copy the good layouts we used to have.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 881

Sacrifical Ward should be Yellow and just revert the effects of map offerings.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,969

I have been thinking about this issue, and what do we think of the idea of making map offerings not guarantees?

Something like a map offering gives a maximum 66.67% chance of going to that realm. Regardless of offerings between each side we always have a 33.33% chance of being rejected and instead go to a random realm.

If any players map offering is selected or a sac ward is used, all map offerings are consumed. If the Entity rejects map offerings, it is returned to you. This would mean you can go for map achievements without being hindered significantly, but if you're planning something ugly, it is less likely to successfully come off.

• Sensetize94
    Sensetize94 Member Posts: 44

They should have their own rarity and should be less in bloodweb