Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer Cannot Start Chase

Steel_Eyed
Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
edited 5:07AM in Bug Reporting

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: In matches as killer, I cannot start a chase with survivors until I hit them. Its like the distance to start a chase, instead of being (guessing) twelve meters, is reduced to like two or three meters. So even if I was able to start a chase with a survivor after a hit, it fades relatively shortly after even though in normal circumstances, the chase wouldve continued.

This becomes a problem in normal gameplay as there is no bloodlust and windows do not block by the survivors causing infinites.

PLATFORM: Steam.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Start match. Cannot start chase with survivors. My best guess as to why the bug is occurring is because I used the killers power at the start of the match. I've had multiple versions of this occurring. Hillbilly getting a chainsaw sprint hit to open the match, opening the box as cenobite prior to chasing a survivor, etc.

Post edited by Steel_Eyed at
2 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Hello, can you provide additional information such as screenshots or a short video or even gamelogs? Thank you!

Comments

• DrHyk
    DrHyk Member Posts: 65

This can be fixed by restarting your game. There is no word on an official fix but this is a temp fix that might help you out

• Sensetize94
    Sensetize94 Member Posts: 44
    edited 12:53PM

yeah it happens sometimes, thx to that they can infinitely vault windows