We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Reminder that waiting at the exit to T-bag the killer is bad for other survivors too

Malkhrim
Malkhrim Member Posts: 974

So, one of these days I had a survivor match that ended with three escapes. We were all three gathered in the exit area, quickly healed for BP and benevolent points and then immediatly left… well, at least two of us did.

So I checked how many bloodpoints I earned, cool. Checked my emblems, got a pip, nice. Then I really wanted to check what build the killer was playing, and… it was hidden, what the hell? Wasn't the match already over?

So I clicked. The spectate button to see what was going on, and… guess what, the last survivor, who was just beside us on the edge of the exit when two of us ran outside, actually had gone to the opposite direction and was vaulting the nearest pallet repeatedly right in front of the exit gates.

*Sigh*. Of course.

She still insisted on that for some time and then finally got tired of it and went to the exit gates. So I could finally see the killer's build.

A similar thing happened just yesterday. I was the third survivor to die in a match of Chaos Shuffle, but was really curious to see if the killer had aura reading perks, because of how she had found me a few times. So I spectated the last survivor and she immediatly found the hatch. "Great", I thought. Now I can see the kiler's perks and then immediatly go for another match…

*Survivor stands on the hatch*

"Oh no, don't tell me that…"

*Survivor starts T-bagging the hatch while looking around to see if the killer is coming*

"Oh, come on, just leave!"

*The killer isn't coming, so she runs to a nearby pallet, drops it to make noise and goes back to the hatch. After a few seconds, the killer finally comes, but only when she is near the survivor finally jumps out and escapes*

That probably didn't even annoy the killer because she had already won the match anyway. But there are people who actually like to se the opposing side's builds after a match, specially on chaos shuffle where the perks are really unpredictable. All of this waiting at the exit wastes everyone's time, not just the killer's.

Comments

• Phenomenal_Ox
    Phenomenal_Ox Member Posts: 46

I think the devs addressed fair amount of toxic behaviours from both sides as flashlight clacking and Mori canceling, but they need to do more imo for the exit gate t baging and the killer slugging the survivors and going back and forth on the ground.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 302

Ye but how else would survivors get their kicks? Just escape? It's all good, but they can't complain when killer does the same thing (slugs for the hell of it then hooks)

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

I don't see a good reason why hatch shouldn't close on its own after a minute or two. Also would be good to be able to give up once EGC has started as killer but keep your BP to not have to force people out at gates.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 317

You wanna know something funny, if you run huntress you can orbital into most gates. So I just throw countless orbitals up and see how many I can hit it's become a sort of mini game for me at this point. Once they've been tapped or their mate has been tapped they don't stick around. I'm slowly correcting the problem on huntress at least lol

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 205

I hate this behavior. As a not so swell killer you get t bagged at a gate because either they were better than you or they did some nasty team work (yesterday I had a squad that didn't do gens and just follow me around and try to use head on). As a survivor I don't like it because being a survivor that wins means a killer who lost. There is no reason to be a poor sport and rub salt in the wound. If the killer lets me go I do one dip if I don't have an item. Again though most streamers at the end of their winning of multiple edited videos t bag the killer so these people think that's what you have to do.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

what can they do to stop it though? Killers already have an inbuilt counter where the more they put you down and pick you up the quicker you can wriggle off. It becomes automatic at one point. But, all you could really do is move survivors out of the exit area if they spend too much time stood in it, or remove the exit area all together but then they’ll just wait close to it and do the same thing.

• Phenomenal_Ox

I really don't know how they can fix these issues, but they are problematic and they need to address them.

The wiggle mechanic is not solving killers. Going back-and-forth on survivors on the ground.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 307

This is the most adequate and realistic suggestion I've ever seen. Seriously, it would have made tons of difference for Killers.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,409
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,409

Was expecting to hear about how refusing to leave prevents the hatch from spawning. If the killer is chasing someone and you have 0 intention of taking a bodyblock or anything... THAT is truly screwing over your teammate.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

You know how killers get a penalty to their emblem points if they camp a hook? I want the same thing for survivors idling in the exit gates. I want their emblems to tank if they spend longer than 15 seconds sitting in the exit gate area, doing nothing. Healing at the exit gate would reset this, because healing for bonus points in the endgame is fine, but if they're just standing there, there should be a penalty.

This won't do a lot to dissuade the truly toxic players but it's better than nothing and may nudge the more chill players into making a habit of Just Leaving.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,925

Teabagging at the gate is obviously lame, and I've only done it when the killer was a total dick. I will heal in the gate, wait to take hits and get some extra chase/escape points.

I think my favorite exit gate dumbassery have been the following:

1. Injured survs exit gate teabagging a Slinger and getting pulled out and hooked
    2. Injured survs exit gate teabagging a Wesker and getting snatched and hooked (I saw this a lot when Wesker first dropped - hilarious)
    3. Survs so desperate to be seen leaving that they come back out to bait the killer, and getting downed

The last one I've done a few times buy waiting just outside of the gate (out of sight) with nearly marked survs as GF, and with 99ed T3 Myers, popping it and downing them when they come out.

I think one thing that would be fun is if a surv spends more than a few (say 10) consecutive seconds in the gate, they can be grabbed by the killer (while still in the gate), regardless of health state.

You'd have to be an absolute fool to have this happen, but these people are out there.

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

i maybe was that wraith i had that happen in 2v8!!!! it was funny. i was trying killer for the first time. (:

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

i dont like this either and i never do it it feels bad. :( i dont want the killer to feel bad.

• Phenomenal_Ox

Do you know emblem system don't mean anything anymore since the MMR came the emblem system is useless now.

• SlinderReaper
    SlinderReaper Member Posts: 7

I only do that when a killer is being really toxic and either 1 tunneled me till my team has gotten down to 1 gen left (and I mean hard core tunneled, no one else hooked but myself.) or does the whole humping motion, or swings at me on hook when I haven't done anything to deserve it. Like earlier I was on the saloon map, and we face a legion, and I went back to find the killer and crouched twice to get the killers attention, and left my green tool box at her feet as a gg motion towards her, bc she didn't tunnel, she didn't act toxic. Hopefully killers can learn to be more like this, and survivors also.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

I agree with you but not the scenario you provided

• cookie_crumbles
    cookie_crumbles Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

The only reason I can see to stay is if the killer is friendly and you want to give them time to find the hatch or if they gave up because they didn't get very many points so you stay to let them close hatch that's the only reason I stay