We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Did they kill the knight?

dinocrisis2
dinocrisis2 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

I feel like as if his power doesn't do much and it prevents me more from using his power with all these nerfs. I still feel addon reliant on motr and call to arms to make his power more fluid. They're a necessity to make his gameplay more fun. There is nothing I can do when I use my power and chase both at the same time because of that hunt timer depletion rate.

And if I do leave my guard alone either they grab the banner, use the bug thats turned into a feature to gain distance from the guard chasing him and therefore deplete the hunt timer to 0 and do the gen immediately. I can't use another guard or else the guard that I deployed before goes away.

I dont know if there is a killer besides knight that doesn't have a power that works in chase.

I think its a mess tbh

Comments

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 270

Has he ever been stronger?

Survivors just got better at dealing with him, that's it

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,373

I'm having more success than I was before his rework, actually.

The Hunt proximity penalty isn't a huge deal as long as you keep a short distance away from the Guards until they're zoned out, and then go in for the M1 when they're guaranteed to be stuck between you and the Guard. He's 100% still useable in chase, you just have to be smarter about it.

• Hatsunemiru
    Hatsunemiru Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

I used to see them alot but now its a rare species

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 136
  • Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 283

just like the pig's traps are not for the purpose of popping heads,the knight's guards are meant to keep the survivors occupied and off gens.

• FinalFantasybalthier
    FinalFantasybalthier Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

You asked if they killed the knight? Indubitably. The nerfs hammered this guy to dead. The bugs are killing him, the bug turned as a feature is killing him, the independency for 2 major addons namely call to arma and map of the realm is killing him, the 3 times depletion rate is killing him. Survivor has a firm grasp over your power and as more survivors learn the less the ability you have to fight them

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,656

He's been dead for a while now.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 877

KKnights Bugged and it was made into a basekit survivor feature

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 333

He's alright. Not as smooth to play as before but he's about the same now in terms of strength.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 270

You can use jailer to waste the survivor's time, carnifex as a multitask/haste granter/chaser and assasin as the designed chaser

Since his last rework he can cancel the guards even if survivors play alturistically, I don't know what you could even miss from the previous versions

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 249
    edited October 3
    Post edited by EQWashu on
  • squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,458

I mean yeah but unlike pig traps guards are only avaliable until the banner spawns and then have a giant cooldown. Pig traps at least guarantee slowdown, knight guards are just a sad version of artist crows.

• 手帳の神様
    手帳の神様 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 11

i remember when the laughing jailer was stuck and me and knight behind me looked at him and we both laughed at the bug game in chat lobby

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465
    edited October 3

my problem is that the cooldowns prevent killer from using the correct guard at correct time. most of the time, i want to use assassin but his cooldown is too high. The gameplay feels like you need to use Assassin for 1 hit and Jailer for 2nd hit but Ai exploits makes it feel like your just playing old knight pincer with many restrictions.

i kinda just wish they slightly nerfed his restrictions. made them a little less strong. little bit less depletion rate, little bit less cooldown, a little bit less minimum path distance.

also call to arm base-kit. He is like so close to being fun to play and yet has all these survivor hand-holding mechanics that make him less fun to play :(

• Jock21
    Jock21 Member Posts: 27

They've cooked him like they're gonna do to Skull Merchant so survivors would stop crying about him. Next on the chopping is probably Chucky.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,373

Jailer and Assassin are both competent at chasing now so that's a plus. You can kind of get away with using either interchangably even if Jailer is slightly worse.

Yeah, I'd like to see the depletion rate penalty reduced a bit, and CTA basekit would be really nice (i basically don't unequip it like I did with MotR before the rework), also not a fan of the distraction "mechanic" but 95% of people don't know how to abuse that properly so it's whatever at that point.

Overall I think the rework was positive, though, it made him better while also making him harder to play. There's a couple of tweaks that would be nice to have but he's not in absolute dire need of anything (except bug fixes, GOD he needs bug fixes).

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465
    edited October 3

neither guard are competent at chasing. Assassin is abusable due to distraction mechanic so knight still has to follow assassin which ruins knight's ability to split pressure and jailer is too slow and is designed for pincer. so yeah. the rework was suppose to make it that knight can use his guard BY THEMSELVES to get injuries IF knight properly tracks survivor and lands guard chases. currently it doesn't work that way for good survivors making killer a noob-stomper.

everything in his gameplay is way too forced.

• ControllerFeedback
    ControllerFeedback Member Posts: 89

The only thing I wish is that you could still drop a guard at your feet. It was a really nice, fluid flashlight/pallet save deterrent (which still exists, it's just clunkier and takes more time to pull off), and I'm confident there could've been another solution for the "drop guard at loop to zone away" playstyle. Like delaying the guard spawn, having the detection radius expand at a much slower rate, or giving the Knight a movement speed penalty for placing an extremely short path.

Other than that, I appreciate the vault fake mechanic on the survivor side at least. I don't think guards should be able to hit a survivor by themselves all the time.