We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I just want her to be good

I want there to be a middle ground with Skull Merchant. Changes that I would've given her. Bringing back some old mechanics that I thought was fun.

Skull Merchant-

Reduce Drones from 6 to 4.

Skull Merchant gains 5% haste for 8 seconds after scanning a survivor with a drone.

Survivors no longer get injured from gaining a Claw Trap. Survivors suffer a 5% hinder for 5 seconds.

Claw Traps now expire after 40 seconds.

Survivors who have Claw Traps location will be revealed to the Skull Merchant through her radar. Claw Traps break after expiration.

Survivors with Claw Traps will break dropped pallets if fast vaulted. Claw Traps are now destroyed after fast vaulting dropped pallets that break.

Survivors with Claw Traps timer will be temporarily paused while inside the drones radius. Once a survivor leaves the timer will resume 5 seconds after leaving the drones radius.

Drones have 1 scan line that spin at 95 degrees per second. 2 scans from a drone will give a survivor a Claw Trap.

Throw away change-

After fast vaulting a window with a Claw Trap, the window will temporarily be blocked for 5 seconds. Claw Trap is destroyed afterwards.

Just thought these were better changes. But who knows. Maybe the rework would be better in the near future.

Comments

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 126

Consider her like twins, no changes will ever make people like tbh, she's just like twins rare as they are, no one just can't stand them both needs full proper reworks.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630

She might be good…

Are you?

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

You're not gonna get a decent zone control killer that won't also garner DCs. There's only trapper and hag that are zone control killers and skull merchants power design is stronger than both giving a lot of good things like haste, hindering survivors, free injures, intel. Her only weakness is if people play the drone game and her map presence is lacking on big maps which is the case with a lot of killers though to be fair.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,882

These suggestions sound at least as bad as she already is. She needs a completely new power. Rewrite and start again. It is not salvageable.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,287

I'd say killswitch her and give everyone 9000 iri coins until she's reworked. Also rework her looks cause she looks like rich Karen and her walkstyle because no female walks like that.

This "nerfed" skull merchant is just as annoying since they gave back her haste and hindered. She's still going to be killer with highest killrate because nobody wants to play against her.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,872

The problem is the entire design of the killer is unfun and without a complete rework from the ground up, she is still going to be deeply hated by survivors and the giving up/DC's will unfortunately continue.

So the next best thing BHVR could do is nerf her into the ground so the number of people who want to play her is minimal… and I am all for this strategy as versing SM is one of the most miserable experiences in the game for me personally.

• PetTheDoggo
    PetTheDoggo Member Posts: 70

Don't even bother, she is just gone. I have switched to Blight, so survivors have more "fun".

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,872

I dunno about where you live but where I live, to make things even worse is this killer appeals to troll players who know how much survivors hate her. So they intentionally play her to troll and they play in the most miserable and scummy way possible and this happens over and over, so it is very hard to not assume that people aren't playing with good intentions of a normal match, as they very much aren't a lot of the time

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 337

some old mechanics that I thought was fun.

What are those? I don't see them.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 1,002

To be honest, all of the nerfs would be acceptable if they didn't just remove one of her scan lines. Those are not catching even flies now.