Devs address giving up on hook already!

Pelaan
Pelaan Member Posts: 18

Survivors entitlement is ruining majority of matches by going next on first hook which is why Devs need to remove the drain on attempts

Survivors should not be allowed to circumvent the DC Penalty. Yes I know this won't solve people who just throw themselves to the killer but it's a first step to help alleviate this epidemic of dying on first hooks that Devs refuse to make any attempts at solving!

DEVS if your reading this PLEASE just try removing the drain from attempts on hooks and see how it would go PTB it if you must.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,516
  • Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 496

The actual solution for this problem is to simply either just remove the DC penalty or cap the current DC penalty at roughly 5 minutes max to encourage players to just leave their teammates with a bot at the very least instead of killing themselves on hook. Many people think that these players should be punished for leaving a game, but, in reality, it's just a punishment for everybody else as these players will intentionally try to be as obnoxious as possible if you save them from the hook + not helping their team at all and, all the while, not getting a DC penalty anyways. So, really, what's the point of having a DC penalty now when hardly anyone gets DC penalties while getting out of a match almost as fast by suiciding on hook?

Also not many people realize this either(nor really think about it), but removing the DC penalty will partially help with the situation of hackers still holding players hostage and such since there's nothing to keep players from having to stay in the game with the hacker.

• PetTheDoggo
    PetTheDoggo Member Posts: 62

They addressed it by gutting Skully.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,427

The devs could have prevented dying on hook when they changed 2nd stage but instead relented to complaints about how you could "let yourself die on hook" anymore during the ptb.

They aren't addressing it, because they've basically decided it's far better to let entitled players ruin the match by quitting early.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 230
  • MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,505

I think the devs don't want to remove it because sometimes people get a lucky 4% into a clutch hatch escape and stuff, and it's those kinds of dopamine highs that keep people playing the game or hook them in.

Removing self unhooks outside of perks would be great and all, but then survivors that want to give up would just run into the killers face to get killed, and if that didn't work, throw every pallet, and if that didn't work, just stand AFK, or even worse, AFK and wiggle every few seconds to beat AFK detection.

I'm personally all for removing self unhooks outside of perks though.

• Doxie
    Doxie Member Posts: 146

Survivors whining? Read the first post in this thread. Lol. You can also keep reading post after post after post of everything of getting rid of flashlight to further slowing gens which was already done.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 969

This could be a reason they don't want to remove it… but I still think it's not worth it. Like, how often does a 4% end in a escape, or at least leads the game to end in a fun way? Even when a player does get a 4%, it often leads to an already lost game to take a little longer, and the survivor still dies. I don't think something that rarely ever happens is worth the amont of matches it ruins.

And I don't think survivors would look for other ways to give up all that much if 4% was gone. Let's think about it: giving up on the hook is not banable because the devs wouldn't always be able to tell if someone died on the hook because they gave or because they lagged during the skillchecks, for example. On the other hand, working with the killer is banable and so is purposefully losing the game or even AFKing if someone does it a lot of times. Wasting pallets around the map, chasing the killer to be killed and things like that are a way clearer atitude that can be recorded, reported and banned. People are already banned when they behave in a similar manner today. So there would be a risk in doing these things, and it would take time, when one of the reasons people give up on hook is to quickly move in to the next match, another reason I don't think there will be many people AFKing.

Unlike these other ways of giving up, letting go on hook is fast and easy to do. If anything, people who want to give up no matter what will end up DCing, but that replaces them with a bot and gives them a penalty, how it should be.

• angel_pellegrino
    angel_pellegrino Member Posts: 23

As someone who's played quite a bit of survivor, it sure does suck to have a Meg go next because she was the first to be downed in the game. It also sucks to have a sandbagging teammate who's become friends with the killer and you know the match is gonna be miserable because of it. Or go up against a die hard tunneler who ignores your teammates and wants to take you out of the game as soon as humanly possible, so you're not really able to do gens or unhook people or do anything much at all except try not and be spotted.

There are so many variables to this game, so many annoyances, that I think everybody is a little bit right on the "dc or go next" issue. Killers are right to be annoyed they're being forced to play against bots and have shorter games, lackluster gameplay etc. Teammates are right to be annoyed they now have to struggle through a 3vs1 or worse) But quitting players are also right in that some games are so completely miserable as hell (sometimes through no fault of their own) it's very tempting just to rush to the next game.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,671
    edited October 8

Winning strategies against a losing one that ruins the game for one's team.

That's perfectly logical. /S

• drsoontm
    edited October 8

BHVR: please fix your forum bug where a quote isn't quoted (but still sends you to the bottom of the page).

• drsoontm

They aren't stupid. They know most of these are entitled players killing themselves for any ridiculous reason.

Catering to them would ruin the game.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 246

They won't remove it because it fits in with their ridiculous 60% kill rate that they want everyone to believe.

It so artificial with dc and giving up.

Counting hooks is the only way to assess different killer strength not 4 hooks and a 4k match because survivors gave up first hook.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,045

i think the game already ruin when 1/3 of the matches are people ending themselves.

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 357

Wait what? People are complaining about Trapper traps and Nemesis's bugged zombies?

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

i mean, someone probably does out there. dc after first down or attempts on the first ever hook of the match is very common. their reasoning wouldn't be much more important than i imagined.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,083

This right here is the answer. We need a quit pit and an algorithm with a fair margin of error to fill it (so that you need to be quitting near the majority of your matches, consistently, before you can get punished for it. False positives in this case would be very bad.)

When people say this is an issue of game balance, they aren't strictly wrong, but it doesn't cover the entire scope of the issue, either. Sure, you might ######### on hook ASAP if you're against a full slowdown killer or vs the busted power/map of the week, and these spikes in hook suicides indicate that something is wrong. See: Chess Merchant, 6.1, old RPD.

But many players will kill themselves on hook because the killer had Lightborn or didn't fall for their dumbtech or they got mad a stealth killer grabbed them off a gen, and these players ruin the game for everyone else by refusing to play and leaving the others to a 3v1 at 5 gens. I see obvious ragequits much more often than I see ones I can sympathize with, and no amount of reasonable balance fixes will satisfy the players who do this regularly - they will satisfy players who don't normally quit, and that's a good thing, but sometimes the player's attitude is the problem and they need to be whacked over the head with a newspaper until they stop gaming the system.

• xCakeStick
    xCakeStick Member Posts: 85

Why are people making this such a huge issue? I remember this happening from all the way back into 2019 when you could just hold down M1 for two times, and not activate any skill check and immediately die, didn't see the community constantly whine as much then when it was even more tougher for survivors with how perks for Killers operated and depending on that specific killer and skill level of all in that lobby.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 240
    edited October 10

What are you even talking about. Survivor is harder now than it has ever been in the history of the game. I agree with you though, people need to stop whining about this and Bhvr. needs to make their game playable for survivors

Post edited by doobiedo on
  • NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 314

they need to make soloQ playable for survivors by making their teammates not be able to destroy the matches soon after they start, because biggest problem in soloQ are literally teammates

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 314

ohh wow, i didn't know that even Freddy is overpowered lol

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 127

They have met their 60% minimum kill rates/40% maximum escape rate. As long as they are over/under this target they don't care about quality of gameplay.

This trend has been going on since patch 6.1.

I keep saying solo survivor is a waste of time, it's not going to get any better.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 240

They need to.bring it.down to 55% kill rate or something.