Aura this, aura that

God this game is so stale with nothing but aura reading and pain rez. Every game is the same rarely does anyone use anything different.

Comments

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 991

I would love a month or two worth of everyone going perkless, just perks gone, keep your items, your killer powers.

I want to see data on how much skill it takes. Genuinely. (I've seen it done by Streamers)

but the amount of whining over abilities by perks is overly done.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,839

Would be interesting but sadly wouldn't work. People would just bring the strongest items and add ons every game and make the whole thing pointless. Without anti-tunnel there's nothing to discourage tunnelling so solo queue would be unplayable, and low-tier killers would struggle unfairly compared to the high tier ones.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,021
    edited October 9

I was being facetious - it’s not that deep. Try getting off the copium yourself my guy.

• Darcalus
    Darcalus Member Posts: 40
    1. (find the last two survivors) — Then why is BBQ & Chili and Lethal Pursuer 3rd & 4th most used killer perks (according to nightlight.gg/perks) ? Fun bonus, Nowhere to Hide is 6th.
    2. (Gens pop too fast) — There is definitely a sense of urgency, as there should be (on both sides). This is especially true early in the match, as this is the only time all four survivors can work on a gen before the killer arrives. Personally i don't have any problems with gen regression perks, the only real downside is having to watch a bar fill for even longer.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 83
    edited October 9

Exactly don't forget cheap add ons too like rat poison. @KerJuice

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,868

It's why I was using Distortion for quite a while at one point, I am not chase shy I just got sick of every locker open or gen kick revealing me so I could not sneak a save or finish a gen that was nearly done before taking aggro.

Its just another consequence of the perk bloat from releasing so many DLC's and perks, it creates an absolute nightmare of perks to counter and keep track of

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553

"… would keep Barbecue and Kindred, then delete the rest."

Agree, that would be the best solution!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,188

I run Distressing (BP), Beast of Prey (BP), Lightborn (I'm on console), and either Unrelenting (if I'm on Switch) or Deadlock (if I'm on PS4 rather than Switch, I wish I had something more fun to run but there's no Bardic Inspiration for killers).

I hope Distressing and Beast of Prey are okay with you. Lightborn and Unrelenting are non-negotiable as a Switch player, and I still walk away from the controller in 75%+ of my Switch killer matches as trying to play at sub-15 fps makes me want to cry.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 182

yes. I started back with distortion about 4 months ago after every killer I faced had LP with some other aura perks. I did notice killers would have 3 aura perks and thantaphobia. I just really used to figure what the killer was carrying. Most of the time distortion was used up in the first 1 minute of the game.

• Darcalus
    Darcalus Member Posts: 40

trying to play at sub-15 fps makes me want to cry.

15 fps @ 1280x720 is abominable. Run any build you want on that setup, you need every advantage you can get!

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 467

What do you recommend they use?

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 288

Nowhere to hide is 6th because apart from the other 2 aura perks there are 3 regress perks. Makes sense as regress perks take priority to get to the point of having 2 survivors left. If gens didn't fly so fast there would probably be less reliant on the top regress perks which would put no where to hide much higher than 6th. It will be interesting to see the top 10 in a couple of weeks. The Mori update will probably increase the need to find the last 2 survivors.

• theonryo123
    theonryo123 Member Posts: 52

Aura reading is really not the issue. I think the main issue you are having is pain res which I get because every time I see pain res it is in every match that I am in.

• theonryo123
    theonryo123 Member Posts: 52

It's not the perk that is the issue it's because it's a meta that survivors see in every match that is run by killer. I feel like behavior needs to buff other gen perks

• buggybug

Yep it's so annoying not able to even get a chance to see gen set ups, pallet windows tiles and what not and more annoying when it's op killers like nurse or Billy down someone in 10 seconds.

• buggybug

Yet they won't admit it but use the excuse of survivors are scared and bad at chase. Amount of times I get max iri in chase even though I ran distortion lol.

• buggybug

Exactly.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 230

Unironically I think these people would only be happy if every killer was trapped with no perks

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 53

Blocked gens stay in the state they get locked in. so a kicked one keeps losing % till it unlocks where a unkicked one stays.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 229

So Survivors just want all Slowdowns??? Alright bring back old COB, Overcharge, Eruption and Pain res meta

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 731

From the wiki:

Blocked State

Generator enters this state whenever Survivors or the Killer invoke The Entity to do so for them using specific Unlockables.

A blocked Generator freezes its current state and progression for as long as it remains blocked.
    If a Generator was regressing at the time of becoming blocked, it will not lose any further progression until the block is lifted, at which point the regression will resume.

Blocked Generators are also immune to immediate Regression penalties.

• Bookern

If you get rid of perk synergy by enforcing a 1 perk per category rule your majorly destroying Builds and variety for both sides which is a main fun aspect of DBD so this could never work

• Bookern

im starting the Buff Brutal Strength campaign! Buff to 40% it hasnt been touched in 8 years!