Aura this, aura that

2»

Comments

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,478

One thing Ive noticed about BHVR is when a popular perk is nerfed, they introduce a slew of things that the nerf'd perk countered.

In this, Distortion was nerfed, the only reliably Aura counter. Now there's a plethora of new aura perks.

All good, 4 stacks of Object will counter the aura meta. Just have to wait til people catch on.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890
    edited October 9

I want Aura perks removed on both sides. That’s why I stated you shouldn’t be able to see the “Opposition.”

And yes, bring back the old Gen regression. I’m also for the OG Day 1 Ruin where you needed to hit great skill checks for progression.

Thread the pictured post is in:

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3812529#Comment_3812529

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,127

That's an awful bold conclusion. The game's had aura perks for years, and nothing was wrong with them. It doesn't feel cheap at all. Maybe when the survivors have it, and it's permanent, it's ridiculous. But I'd hate to see the game without aura reading period. I think we need more.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,914

100%. I ran Distortion all the time, but was always taking chase as well. I ran/run it primarily for two reasons:

1. To cancel out Lethal Pursuer
    2. But primarily to help me identify what aura perks the killer is running, which is its biggest benefit, as if it's an info perk. Once I know what perks the killer is running, I don't really need to have my aura hidden anymore because I know when they see me.

Some people give Distortion a bad rep, but it has far more utility than just helping hiders immerse.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 303
    edited October 10
    1. Lethal Pursuer still pushes a 1/4 chance that you are the survivor killer will chase, which is not really worth of using your perk slot that way.
    2. Object of Obsession does basically the same thing, with the addition of reading killer's aura every time they read yours.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 238

Too bad Bhvr. has ruined their game and made it impossible for survivors to do well in chase or anything else no matter what perks they have. People are just going to keep giving up more and more and i don't blame them at all.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,926

I still find it baffling that people are complaining about aura reading when there's far worse. Would you rather do the same gen 3 times or go against 3 aura readings that are easy to counter once you know what they are unless its specific scenarios?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,212

It would be nice to see more effects that were universal and not Killer-specific.

There are still some status effect ideas which can be used. There also is clearly some creative and novel ideas that can be put in.

I do find the aura reading a bit too common now, and it would be nice to add some new options to freshen the pot.

As examples: Perks and status's affecting sounds, efficiency of items, controls, HUD, new mini games, new items, elements, and so on.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,126

I'm sorry that Killers aren't running Unrelenting and Territorial Imperative to make the games more enjoyable for you.

• GhostsCore
    GhostsCore Member Posts: 22

Nurse, Blight and Hillbilly wouldn't be affected. Everyone else would have their kill rates plummet. Camping and tunneling would spike to the highest in history now that Survivors have no defence and killers have no slowdown.

Survivors would have a massive advantage due to being better basekit and medkits/toolboxes would be the only item you see since flashlight squads can't bully.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 83
    edited October 10

Yep and in my swf we all ran it and we all lol, can't tell you how funny it is when a killer DC at start at game when they have lethal(huntress and blight being the too two who love running it) cause oh am sorry where you expecting free info already? If solo q weren't stupid they would follow the suite, can't tell you how dumb I find it when someone who get find by lethal get down fast then DC, if you know you hate being first target or dont want to engage in chase run the perk. People never look at things why the proper plays run distortion..

You can use it to prevent some high mobile or telport killer from chasing you off your 95% gen Use it to counter unfair Wall hack free hits from crutch rat poison l, prevent a would be 4 man slug or snowball and list goes on but no all they see is negatives and the good people must suffer for bad.

Funny thing and sad thing with most killer mains they say run x perk when survivor complain to nerf something annoying and you run said x perk and they whine nerf nerf the hypocrisy is just beyond disgusting.

Amma fine it funny when we all run ooo it's nerf it because even if your not the obsession if they have an aura read perk or add on it will show em lol and your giving me bonus gen repair speed only part of being the obsession is that they see you abit more like 3 seconds or something.

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 100

would someone from bhvr please explain how to counter this build / map offering in soloQ with the recent distortion nerf?

• sirlemonhead
    sirlemonhead Member Posts: 46
    edited October 10
  • BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 100

One person with old Distortion would be enough to take out the whole pressure of that Huntress build.

With the new Distortion the Huntress knows exactly where everyone is every time and you can't even use OO against her because she is undetectable all the time.

Old Distortion was the only counter to this, in my opinion, broken Huntress build. So it's a strong argument against the Distortion nerf.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,322

ive been running aura perks since before it was the thing to do

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 140

It feels like at this point just give killers permanent wall hacks because they're practically nearly there with it... Though in all seriousness, BHVR could lean in to Killer Instinct more, it has no counter but it's also more tolerable to manage than aura reading. A Huntress is going to have an easier time hitting an aura than a Killer Instinct warning, so the survivors at least have some chance. I don't think it's a good time to invite new players to try survivor at the moment...

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 303

let's not pretend how BHVR isn't running completely out of inspiration regarding perks to the point they just slap aura reading/haste on any perk they rework. yes, Weave is unhealthy, yes new Predator is unhealthy, i don't even know why they pushed it to live, NTH is unhealthy too, but there are some healthy aura perks in this game, such as BBQ and FoR. BHVR just needs better inspiration for perks

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 230

That's a variation of standard huntress build that's been around since the Dredge released. I fail to see an issue

• xCakeStick
    xCakeStick Member Posts: 89