Bhvr is killing their own game

Eskay
Eskay Member Posts: 30
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

FIX infinite loading screens, hits through windows/pallets, 3v1s, broken lobbies

NERF syringes, broken addons (insta hatchets, frank's mixtape, purple spirit addons), moris

REWORK NOED (pls just stop with your stupid "JuSt ClEaNsE aLl ThE tOtEmS" and "It HaS a Lot Of CoUnTerPlAy" logic. I really hope I don't have to explain what's wrong with it)

REWORK LEGION

Also revert the old matchmaking ASAP because the new one is absolute garbage

I've been playing this game almost non-stop for 2.5 years but lately I don't even want to open it. And it's not just me. A lot of people that I used to play with moved on to other games lately because of the issues listed above.

I just can't believe that GAME-BREAKING bugs aren't getting ANY attention from these developers

Devs PLEASE start listening to your community because I am starting to get really concerned about the future of this game.

Post edited by Eskay on

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Sorry buddy, we are going to get you removed.

You are living your last days, have fun :)

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

All I want is some ######### confirmation. That's it. Stop putting us in the dark.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
  • Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612
    edited March 2019

I agree with the infinite loading screens, the hits through pallets, and broken lobbies.

Hits through windows are usually legitimate hits, or latency issues between killer and survivor. Killers can hit through windows, get over it. It would be stupid if they couldn't.

Syringes are fine. They're annoying, sure, but they're fine. They're ultra rare, and i don't see them very often in my blood web.

Insta hatchets are fine, because it's not very hard to dodge a hatchet. Billy gets to keep his chainsaw, which has a much larger hitbox. Let Huntress keep her ULTRA RARE add on that lets her one hit down people with hatchets. It takes practice and skill to be able to use those effectively anyway. Get over it.

Franks Mix Tape is literally the ONLY way to get the Legion achievement, so that definitely shouldn't be going anywhere, unless they rework the achievement.

I'm a Spirit main and even i agree that her Prayer Beads should be pink instead of purple. Swap them with Fathers Glasses and the issue is fixed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with NOED. The perk is just fine how it is. It punishes survivors for ignoring their secondary objective. If you want to gen rush and ignore totems, which are NOT hard to find, then you risk getting a killer with NOED.

The things they SHOULD work on are the things in the first line of your post. Everything else is fine.

Edit : There are some loops that definitely need to be fixed too. And there's a bug where windows don't get blocked off like they should be after 3 vaults.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Just do totems!

its that easy

• Incirion

Same. I played a game yesterday where i finished three gens by myself, and helped finish the other two.

• Incirion

I was a solo survivor. I don't know what the ######### they were doing. I did it because i wanted to get out.

• Incirion

NOED DOES punish survivors for doing their secondary objective. That's why dull totems spawn on the map. It's 600 points to cleanse one and it takes 20 seconds. It's not that hard to do. If survivors focus on gen rushing, and the killer doesn't have Ruin, then they can pop 3 gens in the first chase. That's not bad killer game play.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Calm down, abusing hitboxes in the game and exploiting them must be very stressful for you.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Agree with fixing infinite loading screens, 3v1s, broken lobbies.

They already know about these issues and are working on them.

• Incirion

but are they though? Or are they just telling us they are?

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Spirit's prayerbeads do need a nerf. Keep the silent phasing, but give it a down side and swap rarities with father's glasses. (They're really not good enough to be pink)

I'd say reduce duration of phasing or increase recovery time for the prayer beads.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Also please remove the 2000 mile wide hitbox on Billy's chainsaw.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,833

Another sky is falling thread. Have you ever thought that maybe the reason you don't want to log in lately is because you've "been playing this game almost non-stop for 2.5 years"? If you play any game for that long, eventually you'll get bored of it. Most of the things you are complaining about aren't new things.

From my perspective, the most recent update was the best one they've done in a long time. I love the new killer and map. I love the DS change. I love the new match making system. I love the optimization changes. I love the tweaks made to the various perks. I think they are going in the right direction.

Is everything the way that I personally want it to be? No. I think there are lots of areas that can be improved. But they are still moving the needle in the right direction at least.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited March 2019

So yummy compilation thanks

Devs must have noticed already the numbers of income and players thought

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

NOED punishes gen rushing....

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304

Well, you aren't playing solo. Even if you queue alone, you're a part of a 4 man team and your teammates not cleansing totems while you have the killer locked up in a chase is indeed bad survivors being punished for not doing their secondary objective.

If you want NOED gone, instead of complaining on the forum and trying to get it nerfed, why not educate the player base, make threads to discuss and remind them that totems, even dull ones, are important, and over time who knows, you may see NOED less.

Unless your argument is that you shouldn't need a team and should be able to hammer out 5 gens and escape during a chase as well, since you can't do that while sprinting either.

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

My only problem is if I try to play with my friends, on PS4, we will get "Matchmaking will take <1 minute" .. for 20 minutes straight. Other than that The Cannibal needs to not be able to hold his chainsaw revving for forever, spend an entire chase with him holding it out only to get eventually caught up on because of bloodlust...

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Wow. Anything else? Why don't give each survivor a motorcycle so they can move faster from generator to generator?

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Lol. Or maybe in the killer bloodweb place toolboxes so that we can help repair gens

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

I do not agree with NOED rework. For me it's good.

Totem need rework,

old perks need some love,

freddy rework,

bubba rework,

legion rework,

gen rush nerf (something like thanathofobia canceled change)

fix infinite loading and crashes

optimization is noticeable but not full - no low framerate, ormond fixed but problem is lags when game beggining, the sound and menu/lobby lags

Legion is fun to play but as survivor he's boring and overpowered with some purple addons if you know what i mean

bubba is boring and underpowered

freddy is fun mechanic and point farmer but need some love to his power

totem is fine but surv do NOT need to cleanse them - they need rush gen. Ruin can be countered with prove and 2 surv on gen, NOED? Can escape easily when you have rank deserved team. Devour? That can be no activated. Haunted - don't cleanse. So in theory totems are OP and can slow surv rush - but in practice they are useful. Good you are working on new gamemode finally and new secondarys

Gen Rush is OP - don't need to explain if you're rank 6-1

Infinite Loading and Crashes need to be fix, some Emblems will be non fair lower rewarded because the Game crashed on one/two/three surv?

We can't tell about "FiX HiTbOxEs OPPPPPPPPPP" because they're working on Dedicated Servers to optimize game in this meaning and eliminate lag switch or macro.

AND FINNALY OUR LOVED:

Optimization.

2.4.0 graphic update did sound nice quality - but broken and earrapy. Graphics was BIGGEST NERF FOR KILLER (sound + marks)

2.5.0 Repaired it (in theory) but NO

2.6.0 Did simple thing we should get in 2.4.0 Hotfix or 2.5.0. They did scratch marks more fresh and brighter +1 - graphics is changed to plus. Sound is still broken - but less.

Very SLOW - but they learning and doing progress.

BHVR, do not dissapoint us and do 3.0.0 update, biggest balancing, contenting and fixing update we haved [except for 4.0.0 and 5.0.0 xd]

2.0.0 did very good for game. The best (for me) killer and survivor with the best theme (for me, but legion theme is in my heart too) , Store with overpriced (but I think in good reason - to finance - to budget the game for more +$$$ and fame.

For me 2.0.0 and 2.1.0 was the best Era with new Update System. 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 was fine and did same but less. 2.4.0 did good but omg that was the smallest DLC update in DBD history - it sucked (but thx for graphic) 2.5.0 did balance. but in bad way like prove thyself and good like leader. 2.6.0 is awesome DLC and cosmetics but it looks like big tweak for 2.4.0 + 2.5.0 bugs and nerfs for killer.

I hope 2.7.0 ; 2.8.0 ; 2.9.0 will save DBD 2.0 era for small balancing and tweak. If all updates from 2.0.0 to 2.9.0 would be the same in terms of content, options and balance - BHVR would only be accused of no dedicated servers - which are planned :)

Cheers! And have a good time readers

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

And to the autor - I forget. Instahatches are not existing from 2.0.0 or 2.2.0. I agree with Spirit broken addons. She is underpowered with basic (nerfed speed to the phase I think) but overpowered with this addons. Legion Frank's Mixtape is little OP, you can counter it but still overpowered it deserve //SOME// nerf

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

BHVR has been "killing their own game" for the past three years, according to people such as yourself. It's amazing that the game has thrived despite BHVR's relentless attempts to kill it.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

They dont know how to fix something because someone will be disappointend anyway, like now with the ds, someone is happy someone not.

The only thing they can do now without any complains is rework the nurse and legion, everyone will be happy

• clunker
    clunker Member Posts: 8

The new matchmaking is AWESOME!!! Get games much faster with my swf.

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

hahahaha you're the first who says "freddy's power has a fun mechanic". uhm no not really. it's annoying af.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

If they truely pop 5 gens while the killer's on you, means you're really good at chases.

Win the last chase too and escape, both doors and hatch should be available fast for such an efficient team.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Translated

"Bhvr is killing their own game because i can't win playing survivor mode :)"

Also no complaining about Hex:Ruin is absolutely BS even i hate that perk when i playing survivors

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited March 2019

Translated

"Bhvr is killing their own game because i can't win playing survivor :)"

Also no complaining about Hex:Ruins is absolutely BS for you even I really hate that perk when i'm on survivor side

• Eskay

You literally missed the whole point lol

Ruin is fine until they somehow make matches longer because it helps to prevent gen rushing

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

But why punish for doing the main survivor objective, it doesn't make any sense.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@megdonalds

Why are we punished when we 4k too fast ?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@NathanExplosion You shouldn't be. Nor should survivors be punished for doing their job too fast.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Naw,just fix the

- loading issues

-legion, his ability is just ######### dull as ######### and isnt even fun to use.

• the lobby stuff im thinking they want newer people to be stuck with experienced players so that the newer players can rub off on the super casual players and help them survive a better in the next trial.
    • Honestly this has just been way more annoying, last night i was stuck with rank 13-15 survivors but im rank 4?????

noed- It's fine, i honestly want them to make it a permanent perk (not a hex just to hear you cry more on the forums.) otherwise just break the totems 4head

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Sad how many people actually defend noed.

honestly makes me sad.

• Eskay

Yeah same

I honestly was surprised by how many people don't understand how broken it is

Lol even Tru3talent says that it needs to be reworked