We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What survivor item and addon needs a buff and why?

There are firecrackers, flashlights, keys, maps, medkits, and toolboxes. Which of these items needs a buff and why?

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,621

Green maps could do with a slight range increase, I think.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

Maps and green keys + some of the lesser-used key addons

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,022

I think all of the items need to have new add-ons in addition to what we have. An item add-on pass needs to happen asap, give something new for survivors other than perks. Even some of the more commonly used items like toolboxes and flashlights need some more fun added to them.

Keys are weird because they’re basically only useful for wallhacks and the nice niche of opening the hatch. Give the purple and pink keys the base-kit ability to instantly open a chest to find a high rarity item except for keys with powerful add-ons at the cost of fully depleting the key.

Remove charges for maps, they can now be used infinitely but only while standing still or walking; id used when walking you cannot sprint.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,353

I’d like all maps to have glass bead as base-kit please. It would help with getting teammates to prevent a 3-gen or cleanse a lit totem. At the very least, make glass bead more common in the blood web.

Other than that, I don’t think items need a buff, but rather, we need new items to keep the match interesting. We should get trip wires that have different effects such as revealing the Killers aura or slowing them down for 3 seconds. I’d like to see a one time use roller skates that give Survivors a short speed boost like Sprint Burst, but make it difficult to control like the Syringe that Killers get during Halloween.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,791

They aren't useless, of course. They can still be useful, but they could be more useful.

I don't think there was really a need to go as far as they did with the nerfs, especially after CoH was changed.

• TheDavidKingMain
    TheDavidKingMain Member Posts: 34

Toolboxes and medkits were both over nerfed.

I guess if I had to choose one though, buff medkits.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,267

Maps and Keys, outside of hatch access, both do the same thing, they reveal auras. They should be merged into one item and buffed accordingly with the traits of both.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Im saying theyre still too useful

The nerfs were 100% warented, and I dont even think having access to 2 self heals with a medkit should be a thing unless you have perks

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,127

The thing is that the auras of the environment are basically meaningless except for Gens. And IMO Deja-Vu helps with that already enough.

I would be fine with Keys tracking the Auras of players and Maps tracking the Auras of the environment. But I dont see that Maps can become really useful with just Aura Reading.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,368
    edited October 11

^ They all have too weak an effect, and are just a BP sink as they really dosnt add anything to the game.

I dont think any items need a buff..

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,368

That is needed for balance, thats the "counter" to the fast gens.

I think medkits are good as they are.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

The purple toolboxes should have more charges. 16 charges is not enough they should have 20-24.

Grey and yellow toolboxes should get removed, because they are super bad and we don’t need 5 versions.

Medkits should get their nerfs reverted. There is no difference between all rarity’s, that warrants having 5 versions.

Keys and maps should get buffs. - Too bad. Maps should work always without charges and keys need bigger changes.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 156
    edited October 11

The broken keys need a use because unless you manage to get one with add-ons (which needs perks to guarantee), no one wants them. Perhaps keys can let you use charges to open exit gates a little bit quicker, so it's not just exclusive to hatches (and auras).

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,408

its meant to be used with addons for aura reading effects. It has more charges than purple, but cant open hatch...which is basically the only thing purple CAN do with so few charges.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,540

Except that goes all out the window when you get it from a chest with no addons

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,656

Maps need some serious reworking and buffing. Track more generators by default, and add-ons automatically track their relevant item without needing to scout it first. Buff the rainbow map and regular map massively, then add a yellow-rarity map that's equivalent to the regular map as it is right now.

Medkits also need some work. I don't necessarily want them buffed, but I do want them to be diversified like the toolboxes are, so that they have different uses instead of being identical with insignificant number differences.

Speaking of toolboxes, Mechanic's and Engineer's Toolboxes need buffs. It's ridiculous to me that the Commodious is the objectively best toolbox for repairing to the point the other toolboxes are irrelevant.

• Ziemniaczana
    Ziemniaczana Member Posts: 29

Maps and keys should be the highest priority when it comes to item buffs.

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

green keys need a use everythign else fine maybe toolbox overbuff but keys need somthn else bad.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,408

For sure. I'd be completely for adding an actual basekit effect.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Medkits arent something that is directly "in your face" in terms of strength. Its why youll have some people swear that flashlights are the strongest items, because you clearly see the impact that its caused.

Gonna use Sprint Burst and Dead Hard as a comparison. Dead Hard was complained about since it was able to extend chases for quite some time, wasting a lot of time for the killer. Sprint Burst on the other hand, has always been able to even start lasting chases that shouldnt of even happened to begin with, and because of this it wastes WAY more time than you realize.

• Senile_Grandpa
    Senile_Grandpa Member Posts: 21

Rainbow and Green maps for sure.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 199

To counter boons the killer should have been allowed to destroy bones too when stomped out. That way both sides could have a counter and be fair until all totems are gone on the map

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

keys and maps

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94
    edited October 12

Any broken key(the green and purple ones both) that works only as a map for 1-2 things with addons in it. Without its a pointless item.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,791

I can understand the fact that Boons and Hexes are different from each other, but I think CoH wouldn't have been as problematic as it was if Boons could be permanently destroyed.

I agree, but even then I think the current strength of MedKits isn't enough to require a nerf. And I think it never was, unless CoH was being used.

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94

Killers do have a way to do so in a perk called shattered hope. It also reveals aura for 6-8 seconds. but you have to hope they bring a boon to get use.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 265

Defaullt altruistic healing speed is 16 seconds per health state.

• With a purple medkit (50% faster altruistic healing) = 10.6 seconds - With Botany as well = 8 seconds
    • With a brown medkit (35% faster altruistic healing) = roughly 12 seconds - With Botany = 9 seconds.
    • With We'll Make it = 8 seconds.
    • With Boon: Circle of Healing = 8 seconds.

Default self-healing speed is 16 seconds per health state.

• With any med-kit (66% of regular speed) = 24 seconds - With Botany = 16 seconds.
    • With Self-Care (35 % of regular speed) ~ 46 seconds - With Botany = around 30 seconds.
    • With Strength in Shadows (70% of regular speed) ~ 23 seconds - With Botany = around 15 seconds.

Personally, I think the medkits should have better represented their tiers more. Considering the common brown camping-aid kits are easy to find in the bloodweb, they should by far offer the least efficient values by default.

Personal take on reworking med-kits:
    Med-kits - General:

• Removed self-healing efficiency penalty (1 heal = 16 charges)

Camping Aid Kit (brown):

• Reduced charges back to 16
    • Self-healing speed = 50% of default speed = 32 seconds per health state (same as pre-nerf Self-Care)
    • Altruistic healing speed bonus = 25% (down from 35%)

First-Aid kit (Yellow):

• Reduced charges down to 16
    • Self-healing speed = 60% of default speed ~ 27 seconds per health state.
    • Altruistic healing speed bonus = 35% (down from 40%)

Emergency Med-kit (green):

• Rarity changed to Very Rare (Purple)
    • Self-healing speed = 80% of default speed = 20 seconds per health state
    • Altruistic healing speed bonus = 50% (up from 45%)
    • +100% bonus to all Bloodpoints gains from this item.

Ranger Med-kit (purple):

• Changed rarity to Iridescent (Red).
    • Self-healing speed = 100% = 16 seconds per health state.
    • Altruistic healing speed bonus = 66% (up from 50%)
    • +150% bonus to all Bloodpoints gains from this item.

Event Med-kits:

• Charges stays at 24
    • Self-healing speed = 66% = 24 seconds per health state.
    • Altruistic healing speed bonus = 40%
    • +50% bonus to all Bloodpoints gains from this item.
    • This change would treat event med-kits as separate entities, and as a more "jacked-up" version of the default counterpart (like what is the case for event toolboxes).

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,494

I don't think the medkits should be a line of straight upgrades specifically because of rarity in the bloodwebs. Paublogonzolas2007 who just barely scrapes by with a handful of brown medkits shouldn't have half the healing speed of the guy who "totally didn't save edit I swear". I kind of liked how they were differentiated before and with tamer numbers they could still be that.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

Maps and Keys should be merged into a single item type. They both do similar things, one gives aura of objects and one of players, just merge them and them tweak the addons and rarities and stuff to make them useful.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 313

unironically keys in general need changes. With the changes awhile ago to how hatch works and the new mori mechanic for killers it’s extremely common for killers to just slug at 2 people left making the key absolutely useless outside of using it for its aura reading which kinda sucks and other perks just do it better