We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

End-game chat PLEASE lemme speak! (Rant)

Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630

Guys! #### End-#### chat ###### is bulling ##! Everything ### ###### to say - it #### like this ####! Why is this # #####! I'm not ###### a ###### swear ####!

Did you understand what I've said? Me too - but 1 thing I know - I haven't said A SINGLE SWEAR WORD! But this chat is acting like I'm some sort of 50 years old swearing shoemaker who just hit his finger with a hammer!

I'm trying to say something nice in end-game chat, but it goes like this "####" and other players thinking I'm mad or pissed! I'M NOT ANGRY AT ALL!

It was blocking the word: - "Discord", but it wasn't blocking the word: - "Heroin" or "Cocaine"!

Lemme just say: - "Well played guys, this was fun!" Without these: "#######" things!

Thank you for understanding… Into the next match of soloq I go…

Comments

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

Even if you mean well. And your GGs go through. The opposition will just believe it's disingenuous. So might just be best not to even say anything.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

Add Voice chat nothing can go wrong from that

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

Best take, get rid of it. Less moderation needed for BHVR, people that want to be awful human beings or give thanks can do so on steam profiles instead, everyone wins.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,890

I play anonymous on PS. No end game chat. No messaging. No friend requests. It's perfect. Honestly, I don't play like a jerk anyway so I shouldn't get much hate. I just don't want to hear any commentary after the game is over. I know if I did well. I know if I did poor. I know if I was underhanded or nice. I don't need or want any second opinions. The game is over. You go your way and I'll go mine. GG and all that.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 402

sometimes it randomly censored "ggs" when i typed it too :D

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,872

Yeah it drives me absolutely insane how censored it is and as everyone knows the censorship is often absolutely absurd and hard to understand the logic behind.

I am an adult, I have lived through far more than slurs and abuse and I don't need others hiding mean words from me. They should make it optional rather than treat me like a child, when I have my own child as it is!

• Grigerbest

Oh btw, I'm not typing: "GG" in any pvp game that I play since 2018 or 2019. It was exactly the moment I found out that a lot of players don't like it\find it sarcastic. If the match was good for me - doesn't mean it was good for them, so I think typing: "gg" is just wrong and actually can be viewed as a sarcasm.

Usually, when my opponents were playing really good, I'm typing: "Well played, guys". And not even: "wp", typing the whole sentence.

When my opponents were playing dirty\unfair (bug abuse)\highly disrespectful - I'm not typing anything and silently leaving from the lobby.

No, I disagree - as a "social creatures" in most cases people just want to express themselves to others. Yes, sometimes they do that not in a very good manner, but it shouldn't concern the other side too much, coz it's just an "internet's bad talk".

On other occasions people want to simply compliment others, ask them for how long they've been playing, or maybe even ask them for a party to play with. It happened to me so many times, when I was playing survivor, and after a match other teammates that I played with were asking me if I want to play with them in a group. It happens to everyone 100%, without end-game chat - players wouldn't care too much trying to find a person to write a pm.

Having chat isn't always bad at all. Some people are not expressing themselves not in nice form is just an inevitable con, but again, it shouldn't concern anyone on the internet.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

Interessting enough russians can still insult my entire bloodline even with that amount of censoring, this system is so useless xD

(That being said I don't have anything against russians, they just insult me often for some reason. That's just for clarification xD)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

Saying gg is polite and being a good sport.

Only sore losers and the perpetually offended could react negatively to it.

If you try to please that kind of people, you'll end up not being able to say "good day" because what if they are not having a good day ? (and they probably arent).

Then instead you'll say "greetings" until someone finds that offensive.

It'll never end.

Let's keep being polite and a good sport.

• KatsuhxP

I will be forever confused in which way the perception of another person how I meant a sentence/word is my problem. If I say "ggs" because it was a good game for me and I want to tell them that and they think it's sarcastic it's entirely on them and their way of thinking, I meant it positive and I can't influence that so I don't care about how they read that.

• Grigerbest

Don't worry about it - any nation have their own bad\rude ppl.

And don't mind the infamous "Internet crap talk". When somebody argues with you, they need to bring points\arguments\logical takes, if they start insulting you, your appearance, your family - means you've won, and they ran off of points and arguments.

Insults - are the MOST pointless part of any conversation.

• Grigerbest

Unless your: - "ggs" starts to look like this: "####". :D

• Grigerbest

Well, I can say gg - if only the other side say it first.

I'm just here trying to adapt the way I'm talking in a good manner when things are changing. Somewhere around 2010-2015 - saying ggwp were never meant in a bad way or sarcastic. It was an expression of a good sports.

Nowadays ppl are much more sensitive to - at first "completely harmless" words.

So I just decided that… If my opponents find the match enjoyable and typed gg - I will say gg in return. Seems like the best way…

• KatsuhxP

Oh don't worry I find it pretty funny and they always lose against me because they get triggered by me the longer they try to insult me. I just found it funny how it doesn't work on people insulting you but on normal words xDD

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 337

Ah, the gg discussion again. Last time I saw a gg in post-game chat it looked like this. This may clear up a thing or two for someone.

• a: ggs
    • a: why so ez

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,791

Last end-game chat I had featured what I guess was Dwight saying how easy the match was, since he was the only who got hooked and chased (literally, Dracula didn't chase anyone else the entire game), me asking where the NOED was and someone replying in a language that I do not speak.

And Dracula was the only one who wasn't Steam, so I am not sure if he even read it.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 2,015

I've noticed (at least in my region)

-"discord" is blocked

-the translated name for "pig" is blocked

-sometimes "to die" is blocked

• Garresh
    Garresh Member Posts: 50

Bardic Inspiration is censored lol

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 265

And then you get these Russian kids who trash-talk in the end game chat, and not a single word is filtered. Go figure

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,127

IMO Endgame Chat should either be removed completely OR it should be possible to switch the Filter off. I can totally understand the reason for the Filter, it just works really badly. And I would personally just disable it, I dont care what slurs others might throw at me, but I care about seeing my own unproblematic messages being censored for no reason.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 248

The filter needs to be completely redone. Instead of whatever terrible bot they use for it, it should be a curated list of blocked words and have the option to turn it off.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125

End game chat filter makes no sense, for one this game is M rated. Also trickster literally swears like hell in the game itself lol. Can simply give a filter option to block bad words if some players do not want to see them.

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 85
  • Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315
    edited October 15

I still remember how it censored "cheese" once for me. An option to disable it would be great.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,002

It rarely serves any positive value. Most of the time it's used to spread hate.

In the rare situations, where wholesome conversations are created, the server timeout cuts them off.

I agree with you.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 504

The reasoning behind this is because, if I remember correctly, BHVR just left it up to an AI to determine whether or not something in the chat is considered "bad" which is just a dumb idea since many other game/app developers have shown in their own projects that letting AI try to manage this stuff doesn't really work out since so many people use different ways to say stuff that the AI just starts getting confused altogether entirely which is amplified even more if you use a low-quality AI for this job like BHVR did.

• This content has been removed.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,127

Why? It is a pretty bad comment. Some words can trigger people and really hurt them, this has nothing to do that those people are (or should be) at least 18 years old.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,189
    edited October 15

You saying the nicest thing in chat.

Chat: ####### ####

Everyone else thinks you're throwing salt.