We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What do you think of leverage gift of pain?

Spent a whole day trying these 2 with the leverage rework. If survivors powered through it you got a good bit of slowdown felt like with the heal speed reduction and the gen speed reduction if healed. If they waited and didn't heal it could come back to bite them later. It can be countered fairly easily with We'll make it botany or COH but those heals would be even quicker without it (some games I've had like 5 second heals after being unhooked) so the more seconds the better I'd say for killer pressure. Has anyone else tried it?

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

it was a build before and it was stronger before buff. now it is just weaker but nobody ran it before anyway so whatever.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,373

Effective, but I wouldn't say it's OP.

Leverage is somewhat easy to counter I think, powering through it should not be done. Either get another person to help heal or wait out the 30s.

Healing under the hook through Leverage is quite literally the worst thing you can do. Once people learn not to do that, it might become less effective, but I'm glad the perk is at least useable now.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 254

I’ve been having fun using them together along with the new Deathbound and Thantophobia.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 665

It is rather bad and too situational. Nowadays, survivors have many too tools to heal quick (We'll Make It, Resurgence, Botany, CoH, Syringes ect.) and all those things make Leverage a rather wasted perkslot. Thus, strong when the team lacks these things but - again - situational. In addition, SWF can counter Leverage much easier than SoloQ by just going to a different teammate. Gift of Pain and Leverage is also a combination that forces you to spread hooks because otherwise you will get less value but spreading hooks too much can hurt you. The combination also has only value when the survivors do the unhook which can happen either after 5seconds or 69seconds after the hook and the later the unhook happens, the less value you will get. Some survivors are also confident enough to stay unjured (like it is the case against Plague or Legion) and can get value from perks like Resilience. There is also the question why should you waste two perkslots for this slowdown when you can use PainRes+Pop/GE which are much better slowdown perks. Scourge hooks can also spawn rather bad or you can be unlucky with a big map and get even less value from Gift of Pain.

Overall, the combination sounds good in theory but is rather bad in praxis because other Perks/combinations are much easier to use and have less counterplay. In my opinion, these perks need a different buff to be worth it. Thus, can still be funny to use with different perks.

• Ziemniaczana
    Ziemniaczana Member Posts: 29

I hate the scourge hook RNG. One time it is placed beautifully and then the other times its scourge hooks all the way to the corner of the map or it's all on the left or right side in a single row.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,656

I've come up with a Dredge build: Leverage + Gift of Pain + Forced Penance + Thanatophobia.

No healing. Only darkness.