We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

When will Solo Q teammates understand they don't always have to cleanse a hex totem?

Don't you just love it, the killer is using Multiple Hex perks with the cherry on top being Pentimento in the background. Prepared to simply end the game in no matter than minutes, or even seconds. No, but seriously, like when one single thing goes wrong and suddenly they're all oblivious they're doing nothing for a while to prevent us progressing. Even when the cleanses come through, you see the Pentimento text come up and added to the game, makes you wanna cry knowing how this is gonna end if you didn't remember where the notifications came from, or those survivors go back and cleanses it. I've had a game where they're all looking for Ruin, out of all Hex perks in the entire selection. I don't see a real reason to cleanse a Hex totem or find the Hex unless it's Blood Favour or Devour Hope, anything else can be tolerated through the game with concentration and if you pay attention whilst doing objectives outside of chases.

Comments

• xCakeStick
    xCakeStick Member Posts: 86

Bubba and Billy are significantly louder than Myers that requires bit more work compared to the other two, and if you're paying attention as I mentioned you will hear and spot them. That's the issue I mentioned, I don't remember where the totem is always been cleansed when I'm productive doing other things, and neither does the survivor that cleansed majority of the time. This is in good reason, as you should always assume Pentimento is being run, as why would you as a killer waste that perk slot running like Ruin

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

Me with the Hex shaped totem in my mouth

• EffenBlue
    EffenBlue Member Posts: 107

Why should I give them free gen regression? Imma cleanse Ruin and everything else.

• This content has been removed.
  • Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 302

Hex totems give 1500 pb if cleansed... We all know killers will do what they need to do to get the 4k (myself included). so instead of playing survivor with the wario style "ima gunna win" mindset, I go to do challenges and some pb with totems, doing gens, chases or whatever. Neglect the hex totems and likelihood of surviving long enough to get more than 10k pb is very slim in soloq. It's not like solo players can rely on the team to save them from the hook lol

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923
    edited October 16

That's not true. Maps can determine how stealthy a killer can be. Even sitting on a gen in a tile that blocks line of sight can mean death if you can't see them coming.

There's only five totems on a map. If you can't remember where you cleansed one then that's on you.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 727

if it glows, it goes

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244

I literally cleanse every totem I see. I'm not letting those bloodpoints go to waste.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268

Loved it during Chaos Shuffle when I kept getting Plaything back to back as Scratched Mirror Myers, and survivors still kept cleansing them. Free slowdown!

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

Not until a Bloodwarden-like Hex perk comes out that leaves you in a dying state for cleansing the glowing totem.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 126

I do not like being oblivious by plaything and then having to turn my camera around all paranoid as if the killer is a stealth killer when they arent so am going to cleanse it and usually it indicates they have devour as I been running into a few devour+ plaything builds and its disgusting.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 205

All totems must be cleansed, we need to prepare for NOED and Devour. However this does not get in the way of objectives

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,645

Okay so if Devour activates it should just leave it? Okay makes sense insta down and mori after a bit. Cleansing a hex totem is kinda important to do if I see ruin activates I won't basically bolt around to find it if I see it then I'll cleanse it but stuff like Devour or Blood favor yeah I'll do my best to find it but still go to a gen.

• angel_pellegrino
    angel_pellegrino Member Posts: 28

I never mess with totems of any kind. Not even Plaything. I'll just play the rest of the game oblivious and looking over my shoulder. They're time wasters. That's the real power of totems, getting survivors to get off gens and hunt for them. A killer could run thrill of the hunt all by itself and fool the occasional survivor into thinking there's a NOED, guaranteeing some extra wasting of time.

No matter how inconvenient a hex might be, getting knocked down looking for one, or seeing teammates go down while you're looking for one, is always far worse.